Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T20 struggles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    cde
    International Cricket Captain
    cde I'm not seeing this at all in my game.

    Top, top players fully settled and instantly get out once you up the aggression, even one notch.

    Top, top players can't come in and hit the ball cleanly batting at numbers 3 or 4 and get out almost straight away in the death overs.

    I still find that there's times when on full aggression batsmen are offering 'no stroke' when aiming for 10/rpo and there's been 1 from the over.

    150 is usually a winning score offline for me and online I've not made much more than that either. If I make a big score it's almost always cos my openers get most of the runs.

    In 50 overs I sit on 6 bars and because my openers are so good they can score at 6/7 an over, this gets me ahead before the inevitable collapse in the last ten overs.

    I think the limited over engine is radically different and to me is really unrealistic.
    galvatron
    International Cricket Captain
    Last edited by galvatron; 08-01-2021, 09:54 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by galvatron View Post
      cde
      International Cricket Captain
      cde I'm not seeing this at all in my game.

      Top, top players fully settled and instantly get out once you up the aggression, even one notch.

      Top, top players can't come in and hit the ball cleanly batting at numbers 3 or 4 and get out almost straight away in the death overs.

      I still find that there's times when on full aggression batsmen are offering 'no stroke' when aiming for 10/rpo and there's been 1 from the over.

      150 is usually a winning score offline for me and online I've not made much more than that either. If I make a big score it's almost always cos my openers get most of the runs.

      In 50 overs I sit on 6 bars and because my openers are so good they can score at 6/7 an over, this gets me ahead before the inevitable collapse in the last ten overs.

      I think the limited over engine is radically different and to me is really unrealistic.
      Mate this happens though in cricket. Bowlers can get onto of set bats for an over...

      If it's too hard put it back on kids mode and play on
      ===========

      ~I Love Lamp~

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Cam View Post

        Mate this happens though in cricket. Bowlers can get onto of set bats for an over...

        If it's too hard put it back on kids mode and play on
        No need to be a prick in your reply... You can see that also @savio is also complaining about this issue as are others in discussions online.

        I am still winning games and online I'm ranked in the top 10.

        My point is that it's not realistic as it's not that it can't happen - I understand what a batting collapse is...

        I'm saying that it happens almost ALL the time.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by galvatron View Post

          No need to be a prick in your reply... You can see that also @savio is also complaining about this issue as are others in discussions online.

          I am still winning games and online I'm ranked in the top 10.

          My point is that it's not realistic as it's not that it can't happen - I understand what a batting collapse is...

          I'm saying that it happens almost ALL the time.
          I must be playing a different game then, I make big scores regualrly around 180-215 but yes I get skittled for 60-100 occsionally, which happens in cricket.
          Most of the people on this forum are all complaining about small little things and it is starting to grind my gears. If you don't like the game then don't play it, pretty simple really.

          I love this game, every version has gotten better over the years, I remember the white and green screens that were in the original games and even that was fun... It is about how you use tatics and the same tatic may work reguarly, you may need to change tactics as you go & adapt on the fly like what really happens.

          This is probably the most realistc verison of the game so far and it is amazing the time and effort that has been put into it. Even more amazing is the amount of petty complaints about the game from people who arent happy with 1 coming off an over when the batsmen are set... .this happens in real life, watch the big bash - the hundred - IPL, it does happen and frequently... get over it and move on.
          Play the game - enjoy it for what it is a brilliant game that costs bugger all that can keep you enteratined for hours/days/months on end.4

          Well done on getting to #10 overall - Im not a fan of the online game, people want to watch too many highlights and to me there is no point on watching them.
          ===========

          ~I Love Lamp~

          Comment


          • #35
            Why are some of you getting so irked about the word 'complain'. No one is complaining - it is what IT IS. If something doesn't quite work the way it is supposed to, it ought to be brought to the devs notice right?
            Call it a 'feedback' and not a complaint.

            I'm yet to get the OD/ODI format going - its still nuts. I can barely get a few results my way-and I'm used to bull dozing my way through. Yes collapses happen but how do you explain 2 wkts every 2nd or 3rd ball when conditions show 'Perfect'? Something is definitely wrong.
            People need to chill here, as it is - we have suspect complaints that they might already be cheaters on the online game - who they are and naming them is not my job.

            Corruption seems to be the order of the day in every field - be in now in online games too. When will people treat a game as a game - and not a competition to win it. Where has the enjoyment factor gone? That way the ATG (All Time Greats) games give me so much more peace.

            Comment


            • #36
              galvatron
              International Cricket Captain
              galvatron I think you play more than I do, so you probably see things overall that I don't. I do play different leagues, tournaments, etc but my heart yearns for Glamorgan in a way that is not entirely rational so spend most of my time there.

              I have certainly found matches where the middle order fail to crack on after a good start or I push up the aggression and lose quick wickets, I just haven't found it happens as much as other people have.

              I find that if I get a strong start and then lose one, or both, set batsmen to a really good bowler I put in a couple of lower order batsmen who get out quickly and then bring in my middle order. I find that I can soak up the best bowlers overs when they are on a roll and I am certainly going to lose wickets anyway. With the collapse out of the way my batsmen can get stuck in!

              Comment


              • #37
                Cam
                International Cricket Captain
                Cam I think there are different sorts of "complaints" in the forums. I find that when
                galvatron
                International Cricket Captain
                galvatron and
                saviopaes
                International Cricket Captain
                saviopaes bring up some of the LO issues they have been having they are talking about the difference they see between real world T20 scores and patterns of play and their experience in game. They aren't slagging the game off but would like it to be closer to perfect than it is.

                Like you I'm just not having these issues, but others are. The question is if this is down to tactics, player selection or match engine.

                In my experience I find that a batting line up can be hitting 180-200 one season and be struggling to reach 150 the next. I move a few players about, drop a struggling player or two and the scores start building once more. I find it is selection rather than tactics or match engine.

                However lots of people who play this game far more than me are having these issues or would like to see in real world tactics work closer to in game tactics. The issues must be there and talking about them doesn't mean you are slagging off the devs.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Cam, you're certainly very defensive over this game. I don't see your problem with us criticising the game... You're like someone from the government claiming a lack of patriotism for criticising them. it's what's happened on all the other incarnations of the forum.

                  As I've said before, compared to the previous versions.

                  1. There are more batting collapses in limited overs games, especially in the later overs.
                  2. Scoring a high score in T20 (200+) and ODI (350+) is much harder due to this.
                  3. The best big hitters i.e. Pant, Pandya, Buttler, Pollard cannot come in and hit the way they do in real life and did in the previous version of the game.
                  4. It's incredibly difficult to increase the aggression with set batsmen
                  5. A good score in T20 on the game is now 150-160 and in ODI it's about 260-275. These scores are easy to defend when we all know that on the previous version and in real life these are not often winning scores.

                  I would suggest if you dislike people pointing out the flaws in the game you no longer use the thread to snipe at others.

                  Thanks
                  cde
                  International Cricket Captain
                  cde I see similar things to this. I'm 100-1 then 110-4 and then number 6 or 7 can get some runs.

                  Overall, I still feel that bowling is too powerful on the game compared to reality, especially in limited overs.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by cde View Post
                    Cam
                    International Cricket Captain
                    Cam I think there are different sorts of "complaints" in the forums. I find that when
                    galvatron
                    International Cricket Captain
                    galvatron and
                    saviopaes
                    International Cricket Captain
                    saviopaes bring up some of the LO issues they have been having they are talking about the difference they see between real world T20 scores and patterns of play and their experience in game. They aren't slagging the game off but would like it to be closer to perfect than it is.

                    Like you I'm just not having these issues, but others are. The question is if this is down to tactics, player selection or match engine.

                    In my experience I find that a batting line up can be hitting 180-200 one season and be struggling to reach 150 the next. I move a few players about, drop a struggling player or two and the scores start building once more. I find it is selection rather than tactics or match engine.

                    However lots of people who play this game far more than me are having these issues or would like to see in real world tactics work closer to in game tactics. The issues must be there and talking about them doesn't mean you are slagging off the devs.
                    But it comes down to tactics. Clearly you and I have proven it's not broken. I think people just need to keep trying different formulas before they express their frustrations. I think this is extremely close to real life.
                    ===========

                    ~I Love Lamp~

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I've won a couple of T20 tournaments and have been more successful than in previous years but the middle and lower order collapses aren't just a thing that happen often, they happen almost all the time. If one of my openers doesn't make a good score, than I'm not getting anywhere near a par score. I can go from 0-100 in ten overs to all out for 120 regardless of aggression.

                      Cam
                      International Cricket Captain
                      Cam and
                      cde
                      International Cricket Captain
                      cde I would love to know your general strategy for T20s (and ODs if you're also successful at those) since you seem to have success at making decent scores.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Cam View Post

                        But it comes down to tactics. Clearly you and I have proven it's not broken. I think people just need to keep trying different formulas before they express their frustrations. I think this is extremely close to real life.
                        I don't think you can have read my comments properly then...

                        I'm now in 2030 and have played 20 games online. I only autoplay games if the result doesn't matter.

                        My previous tactics on 2020 were to conserve wickets and explode at the end.

                        As I recommended to others for 2021 was to go aggressive from the start...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          By batting strategy is probably the most relevent to this but also, I find, the trickiest part of the LO matches. On the whole I prefer to bowl first and know what I am aiming at unless the pitch is dead flat, in which case I bat first.

                          The batting aggression is easier in T20s so I'll go there first.

                          For the majority of the time I start at 7 bars (1st into the amber) and will stay there until the settled bar is halfway. There is then a decision to make about moving it up on a few criteria:
                          • If the batsman's form is 70% it goes up one, if their form is below this I hang on until the last three overs.
                          • If the weather is overcast I hang on until the bar turns a hint of green.
                          • If I have just lost a wicket I hang on an over.
                          • The run rate is getting away from me. If it creeps above whatever the average run rate I need I up the aggression because it is better to drag that down at the cost of a wicket than let it get away from you.

                          I deviate from this if it is a bouncy pitch in overcast conditions or turning square with excellent spinners bowling at me, in which case each batsman gets 6 balls at 6 bar aggression unless I'm in the last 4 overs.

                          Also, if I am chasing a big total I start off at 7 bars then move up the gears quickly, assuming that if they were batting at 8-9 an over so can I.

                          If I have wickets in hand I up to 8 with 3 overs remaining and 9 in the last. If I am setting a total and am down to the bowlers I bat at 7 bars because 5 from an over is better than 1 and a wicket.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The biggest factors are selection based on form and line up.

                            You are looking at average and strike rate and where you want to apply the two. As in all forms of cricket you have to start well, you can't be sure of winning a match with a strong start but it's a hell of a lot easier. In that regard I will make sure that if my overseas player isn't a T20 opener then I will sign two in my T20 slots.

                            I always play three openers at 1-3. One of my openers I would prioritise the strike rate and the other the average. For the opener at 3 I would look to their strike rate.

                            If I have a batsman with a high average but slightly lower strike rate they will come in at 4, otherwise I am looking for the nest combination of the two for batting at 4 and 5.

                            6 is the space for as high a strike rate as possible. This guy is my finisher and may be moved about the squad.

                            I then always look for two all-rounder but if I have four pie-hot bowlers it can make up for having only one. I always sign a genuine all-rounder as a T20 signing and there is more often than not a decent enough home-grown all-rounder. by genuine all rounder I am talking about someone with a batting average above 20 and a bowling average as low as possible, never over 28.

                            The last three spaces are taken up by the bowlers.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Form is the next biggest factor. In Glamorgan terms at would be better opening with David Lloyd at 75% form than if I had Warner on the books and his form was 25%. It is very very hard to turn form around in the T20s, unless he is an opener your batsman has to be able to smack it out of the park from the start and there is no space for turning it around. You know that if you bring in a weaker player they might smash a couple of good scores but can't keep it up but if you drop you star batsman into the 2nd XI for that time it might be enough to turn them around.

                              Have a look you players recent batting. They may be at 60% but is that because they made 146 three matches ago and not got over 25 since? That form might be on it's way down so be prepared to hook them from the team.

                              Be ruthless on form. There are a few players who struggle through the FC games but build form in the T20s but those are generally easy to spot from their 2nd XI scores anyway - poor 3 day but strong LO averages.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Experiment and know your players, pay attention to how and when they score.

                                Get to recognise the batsman who averages 30 by scoring between 28-32 every match and the one who averages 30 by following up 76 off 35 balls with four scores under 10.

                                There are the openers who actually do better at three and the batsmen who start small before going big and the batsmen who have an average of just 15 but a very strong strike rate.

                                If you put that slow starting batsman in the lower order you are not going to pile on the runs in the last overs but if they open and are out before they get going do you have the fire power lower down the order to make up for it? Too many 50-or-nothing players and you could be 180 or 130, too many steady players and you'll struggle to get over 150. The batting stats will tell you a lot.

                                Lastly if it isn't working after two games mix it up. The line-up I outlined generally works but move players around. The guide given in the player profile just tells you where they last played, not their best position. I've had big hitting players with fairly low averages floundering at 6 but thriving at 4 and openers struggling at the top of the order but excelling at 6.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X