Very unrealistic season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very unrealistic season

Has anybody found the game going a bit haywire once they get anout 10 years in?

I’ve just finished the 2031 season as Glamorgan and while I have managed to build a team that regularly wins all three formats this year is completely ridiculous.

The T20s was a roughly standard affair but the FC and OD competitions were simply ridiculous. As moaned about in another post I didn’t pay attention to which players were going to be in the 100. As a result I entered the OD competition with only four available bowlers - all spinners. I still won the OD cup, though I lost more group matches than normal.

The FC season, however, was bonkers. I won NINE games by an innings and two more having to knock off less than 30.

Neither my tactics or my players are this good, nowhere near. I’ve been playing online so I have a good gauge of where the squad and my tactics are and they are emphatically not this good.

My question is has anybody else come across this? I am concentrating on building this into a team that can compete online and if the offline game engine has turned to mush it is going to be even harder to gauge where players are.

This might be my tinfoil hat speaking but I think there may have been some tweaks with how regens are selected by AI. I'm in 2028 playing an Ashes series and England have only pick one or two regens in their team. Usually at this point of a save I'm playing against teams of <25 year olds and having to also pick regens to keep up. So my international team is about 50/50 regens and dominating a team that's picking underperforming real life players.

Probably more conspiracy theory than anything though.

Comment

The AI isn’t that great at building strong, balanced county sides so the further you go into the game the easier domestic becomes. International stays fairly even throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
        This might be my tinfoil hat speaking but I think there may have been some tweaks with how regens are selected by AI. I'm in 2028 playing an Ashes series and England have only pick one or two regens in their team. Usually at this point of a save I'm playing against teams of <25 year olds and having to also pick regens to keep up. So my international team is about 50/50 regens and dominating a team that's picking underperforming real life players.

Probably more conspiracy theory than anything though.
        Underperforming real life players? Sounds very realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
          The AI isn’t that great at building strong, balanced county sides so the further you go into the game the easier domestic becomes. International stays fairly even throughout
          I've always been disappointed by the number of very promising youngsters who turn up on the market. They are often the sorts of players who any team would cling on to for dear life and you shouldn't be able to hoover them up so easily. I had also assumed that since many of my players aren't particularly hot in the T20s there must be excellent players in the other teams but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suppose I was asking if this happens a lot. I've played for years but by this stage of a save I get bored of constantly winning and so start afresh with a new save but since giving the online game more of a try out I've been keeping on with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post

Underperforming real life players? Sounds very realistic
            England selecting an ageing bowling attack. Wood gets selected for one test then dropped. Batsmen that average <20 for the series except for Root and Stokes? Root also being the team's main spinner. Broad was even playing in his 40s until he retired just before the series started (second highest wicket-taker of all time). The level of realism that CC strives for is unmatched.

Comment

I've always been disappointed by the number of very promising youngsters who turn up on the market. They are often the sorts of players who any team would cling on to for dear life and you shouldn't be able to hoover them up so easily. I had also assumed that since many of my players aren't particularly hot in the T20s there must be excellent players in the other teams but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suppose I was asking if this happens a lot. I've played for years but by this stage of a save I get bored of constantly winning and so start afresh with a new save but since giving the online game more of a try out I've been keeping on with this one.
              Yes and considering how easy it is to keep a good youngster in your squad for low finances I guess it makes even less sense so many AI teams release them

Comment

It's funny how everyone enjoys the game in a different way. I usually skip through the first couple of seasons until I get one or two super regens to power my team to glory. I then follow my star regens through their entire careers, trying to maximize their career stats as best I can.

Given England's current Test form, the last thing I want is realism. I need escapism!

Comment

Working...
                X