More associate teams in CC22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More associate teams in CC22?

Just wondering if anyone outside of myself would want to see more international teams for odi's and tests? Just so if anyone likes a minnow save, they'll be able to continue it further in other formats of the game, and with the addition of the world cup challenge league and other tournaments it could bring in a lot more ideas for saves and stuff.

Originally posted by andrewr2711 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone outside of myself would want to see more international teams for odi's and tests? Just so if anyone likes a minnow save, they'll be able to continue it further in other formats of the game, and with the addition of the world cup challenge league and other tournaments it could bring in a lot more ideas for saves and stuff.
    Minnows would be good, but it would be a struggle wouldn't it? There is a limit one can take to build a minnow side to a good team status. But then again, there are some people who actually revel in the activity.

Comment

I think many posters have been crying out for associates for many years.

It would be good to see the likes of the Netherlands, Scotland and Nepal who are at that top level of non Test nations playable in the game. A calendar of ODIs, t20Is would be interesting enough.

Comment

I think I've posted about this before but there was an older version of CC, or possibly another cricket sim, where you could play as associates like Germany and USA. From my very hazy memory you were in a group of four teams, Group A being Netherlands, Kenya, other regular WC contenders and going down to Group F (I think) with Germany, Guernsey, etc. Top of each pool promoted to the next, bottom was relegated and if you made it to the A pool, you got to play in the World Cup. It was a ton of fun because you got to play as lower teams but still have a chance of winning and making progress against similar ranked teams.

With the updated ODI and T20 member status of associate teams, it would be very interesting to see a "Road to World Cup" style tournament mode based on the World Cricket League to try qualify for the 2023 World Cup.

Speaking of adding teams to the game, women's ODI and T20 World Cups should be available as a tournament along with the women's Ashes. Not a whole career mode (though one can dream) but just a tournament.
        Last edited by Wilted; 01-10-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

Minnows would be good, but it would be a struggle wouldn't it? There is a limit one can take to build a minnow side to a good team status. But then again, there are some people who actually revel in the activity.
          That's all part of the fun choosing one of those teams, there would be a pretty capped limit unless you toiled for year after year, but I think it could be an interesting thing to add

Comment

Originally posted by Wilted View Post
            I think I've posted about this before but there was an older version of CC, or possibly another cricket sim, where you could play as associates like Germany and USA. From my very hazy memory you were in a group of four teams, Group A being Netherlands, Kenya, other regular WC contenders and going down to Group F (I think) with Germany, Guernsey, etc. Top of each pool promoted to the next, bottom was relegated and if you made it to the A pool, you got to play in the World Cup. It was a ton of fun because you got to play as lower teams but still have a chance of winning and making progress against similar ranked teams.

With the updated ODI and T20 member status of associate teams, it would be very interesting to see a "Road to World Cup" style tournament mode based on the World Cricket League to try qualify for the 2023 World Cup.

Speaking of adding teams to the game, women's ODI and T20 World Cups should be available as a tournament along with the women's Ashes. Not a whole career mode (though one can dream) but just a tournament.
            I know the exact game you're on about, its cricket coach 2014, they had about 80 national teams and you essentially create your own competition for the country you want to select.

And the women's teams would be an interesting choice, they're certainly starting to diversify around the world now that a lot of the competitions are starting to be a bit more available. It would certainly bring a lot of new opportunities and a different perspective to the game

Comment

Originally posted by andrewr2711 View Post

I know the exact game you're on about, its cricket coach 2014, they had about 80 national teams and you essentially create your own competition for the country you want to select.
              All this time I've been thinking that was a Cricket Captain game and wondering why it got removed lol.

Comment

For me, that would actually be the one reason to buy another edition of the game. Franchise leagues or stupid stuff like the Hundred I couldn't care less about, so if those are what updates are focusing on there's little incentive to buy a new version. I'd rather continue my 100+ year save with Zimbabwe. If I could suddenly play as Namibia, for example, and experience the cutthroat nature of WC and T20WC qualifiers... now that would be a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabo272 View Post
                  For me, that would actually be the one reason to buy another edition of the game. Franchise leagues or stupid stuff like the Hundred I couldn't care less about, so if those are what updates are focusing on there's little incentive to buy a new version. I'd rather continue my 100+ year save with Zimbabwe. If I could suddenly play as Namibia, for example, and experience the cutthroat nature of WC and T20WC qualifiers... now that would be a whole different story.
                  Oooph that would be the stuff of dreams.

The Associate top 6 of Scotland, Nepal, Namibia, Netherlands, Oman and UAE playable and this would be amazing.

Comment

I like it when one of the associate teams makes a dash for it during a WC. Seen it happen today even. t20 World Cup, in 2030. They finished third in the group and were so close to making finals.

Honestly one of the best parts of the World Cups are seeing how the associate nations do.

Nambiba vs Inda
                    Nambiba vs India
                    Sargey, Captain of the Omnipresent Council, Commander of the Omniscient, and Grand Lord of Overbearing Titles.

Comment

Working...
                    X