NZ Story CM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by habib View Post
    How about Fleming as batting and S Bond as bowling coach!!!
    Fleming I may agree with but Bond is still playing in ODI's and even so its too soon to bring him in as coach for bowling i would look abroad for a bowling coach or to someone like chris cairns but unfortunatly there arent many standout choices from New Zealand as coaches

Comment

England-426 all out
      Vaughan-119 Cook-80
      Mills 5-88 Gillespie 2-89

New Zealand-162 all out
      Harmison 5-24 Sidebottom 3-40

New Zealand-350 all out
      Fulton-92 McCullum-58
      Flintoff 3-53 Sidebottom 3-87

A first Innings batting collapse spawned the defeat here we could and should have posted a much better total especially on such a flat pitch but none of the batsmen really applied themselves Jacob Oram is in poor form which makes the selection of the one cay squad harder as he is integral (perhaps I should have picked Grant Elliott?) Mills bowled well taking 5-88 in the first innings and ripping out the middle order after a 190 run opening stand threatened a much higher total than the 426 they made but despite his good bowling he lacked support and the england tail put them back on top then Harmison ripped out our openers then Sidebottom took 3 wickets before harmison returned to remove McCullum, Vettori and Mills in one spell. Asked to follow on we made a better fist of the task with Fulton making 92 Taylor 35 and McCullum 58 but this was not enough and England only needed 86 to win and knocked them off desite good work from our bowlers to get them 6 down. We will have to improve drastically to avoid a whitewash

Comment

3 day friendly against northants

New Zealand squad
        1.Fulton
        2.How
        3.Ryder
        4.Taylor
        5.Flynn
        6.McCullum
        7.Vettori
        8.Mills
        9.Southee
        10.Gillespie
        11.Mason

Comment

3 day friendly against northants

In a game badly affected by rain New Zealand had the better of it with Ryder and Taylor both making 80's but neither able to push onto a hundred then after a huge opening stand of 172 by peters and White the bowlers fought back to bowl them out for 270 then new zealand posted 212 for 4 declared with How they then gave themselves a session to bowl at Northamptonshire but only took one wicket in what was always going to be a draw when they lost almost 2 sessions to the weather

Comment

NZ Story CM

Welcome to the forums, This should go into the general cm boardunless you want to turn it into a sttory take a look at some like my spare change story and others like it

Comment

At least 2 metre Peter is doing okay. Go the Poms!

Comment

Working...
              X