Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch delay

Hi,

We’re having a few problems with the patch I’m afraid. The actual patching system needs to be reviewed because we are currently in negotiations with on-line distributors who have their own copy protection systems. As there are not any “show stopper” bugs in the game at the moment, I thought it best to work out which systems we’ll need to deal with, rather than break things so that we can never update the game in the future. Thank you for your patience with this.

If this goes on much longer, I will release a database only patch, which will have to be installed by hand, and would need to be uninstalled by hand before adding any new patches. I was hoping to avoid that as it will probably cause some confusion and problems with customer service at Empire, as you can imagine.

Chris Child

Thanks for the update Chris, a database only update is all it needs, the game play is fine.
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Many things are needed to be updated about which chris knows very well.

Comment

Hey Chris, anymore news on the patch??

Comment

Hi Chris, I am also wondering when patch will be released. Played demo and liked game but am holding fire on purchasing full game until patch release.

Comment

I'm sure when Chris knows more about the patch he will update the board with it.

Comment

Whilst I dont wish to knock the efforts or the game itself - I think the delay of the patch is pretty shoddy.

The game itself becomes unplayable after a couple of seasons and having had every ICC since the very first this is quite bad.

I think when people pay good money for a game they expect the support for it to be in place. It seems to me that the new ICC was rushed out to capitalise on the start of the season when in actual fact there were several bugs in the system and the database was plain wrong in many cases. I think even just a data update - seemingly straightforward to produce, is at least what is required even just to ensure playability for the future.

This seems like a pretty callous grab and run exercise.

Comment

upcoming patch is too much late now
                Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Originally posted by G1inger View Post
                  Whilst I dont wish to knock the efforts or the game itself - I think the delay of the patch is pretty shoddy.

The game itself becomes unplayable after a couple of seasons and having had every ICC since the very first this is quite bad.

I think when people pay good money for a game they expect the support for it to be in place. It seems to me that the new ICC was rushed out to capitalise on the start of the season when in actual fact there were several bugs in the system and the database was plain wrong in many cases. I think even just a data update - seemingly straightforward to produce, is at least what is required even just to ensure playability for the future.

In what way is the game unplayable after a couple of seasons? Ive been upto 2030 with no problems, super players that were seen in previous version are gone and many good features have been added. Theres a few bugs and incorrect things in the database but there is in all games.

Comment

Originally posted by G1inger View Post

I think this is a bit harsh on people like Chris who is obviously busy trying to sort it out. But a database update is quite hard, if you imagine how much stuff you have to put into a database.

I think we just all have to be patient - because if there wasn't a game out, we would complain why it was late being released, so at least we have a game to play.

And I have been up2 2017 and I have had no problems with the game as well.

Comment

I dont want it to seem harsh, and I am sure that Chris is trying to sort it out BUT...

A database update isnt that hard really - just a few tweaks and if they release an editor (see other forum posts for the debate on THAT one) people could do it themselves and the databases could be created by the community. As it is, we have to rely on people like Chris and the developers to produce these updates for us, which is kind of what people expect when they shell out for the game itself - for it to have an accurate database.

My comment on unplayability is because the game doesnt reflect real life as the database is not up to date, so its no good having an up to date cricketing knowledge as it wont help you with this game after a couple of seasons.

Like I say above, I cannot help but get the feeling this was rushed out to capitalise on the IPL and other cricket generated interest and then it has been a bit of a handwashing exercise.

Comment

G1inger, I really think you don't grasp how difficult it is to do all this. As far as i'm aware, Childish Things have a small production team and database and patches will take a while.

And if you've read other "forum posts," that you mention, then you'll know that there is an editor been created on another forum, so debate THAT one kiddo.

If you don't like ICC2008, then leave the forums, snap the game in half and forget its exsistance. There is another alternative, Cricket Coach. This game is differnt and better in ways to CC.

Comment

No need to get personal and call names "kiddo".

Firstly, I do grasp how difficult it is to patch a game and I realise that the production team is small. However I think the time taken is more than enough, and surely if it has taken this long to fix the bugs surely all that proves is that it wasnt ready for release in the first place?

Secondly, I know there is an editor created on planetcricket but that is a third party application and does not allow people to share databases that have been created, if you look at the sort of thing they have going on for the EA sports cricket games, where people can exchange DB's then that sort of thing might prove really useful in the absence of an "official" update.

Finally, I never said i didnt like the game, far from it, so dont go throwing your toys out of your pram, what I said was, a patch is clearly needed, and I feel the game was rushed in comparison to others.

Comment

It amuses me that you obviously think you're in the right.

Let me ask you a question, do you have a cricket management game for sale? One which is a yearly series?

And about the personal thing, show me where I got personal, and i'll drop down and kiss your feet.

Comment

It amuses me that you clearly dont think I am entitled to an opinion.

Of course I don't have a cricket management game for sale, but that is exactly my point ...SALE being the operative word, people paid money for it and expect things to be right. It isn't a massive ask. If the game was given away then it would be more understandable, but as it is, a patch has been promised, so people have bought the game, it has then never materialised, so naturally people are bound to be somewhat annoyed when the game is great, but incredibly buggy.

What difference does it make if i did have a game for sale anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X