X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 814 Issue on Vista - Fixed

Hello,

Guys all of you who would have connected to the Internet game would have faced serious problems with the updating that was happening today. I'll tell you how to work around it.

Childish things will have to say sorry for this work we are having to do though.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Connect to the internet game and let the installation go on.

2. Exit the game.

3. Go to C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008

Please replace the * in the address with the username you logged onto vista with.

4. Copy and if required replace the file 812-814.cpf (approx 5MB), or something similar to the folder you have installed the game, which would something like C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008

5. Run PatchEngine.exe

And now the patch is installed succefully.

Run the game...

Hey you will notice that the saved games are no more visible. For that

1. Go to C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves

Please replace the * in the address with the username you logged onto vista with.

2. Copy all the files and paste them in C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008\Saves

Now its time to play the game...

You will find me online as BondIsHere...

For those who this doesn't work for like me because the C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008 does not exist, try this:

If you are getting an error after downloading the patch that says something about PatchEngine.exe not being found, go to C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008 and open the PatchEngine.exe file.

If you are getting a checksum error, this is because one of the files it is trying to patch has been edited. If you get this error midway through the patching process and try to repatch the game, you may need to reinstall the game for it to work.

The files that it patches are:
    Patch File [812-814.cpf]
    Cricket.exe
    Cricket.sw2
    Softwrap.dll
    Data\dataT.db

Make sure all of those files have not been edited at any stage, or the patch will not work.

Comment

Is there a reason why I have version 8.11 at the moment and it wants to update to version 8.13?

I have Vista and it won't install; I don't have the file that shashankbv mentions (I have the folder though) and I get a checksum error when running patchengine.exe. How do I check whether those files ahven't been edited? And I have the 811-813.cpf file...

Comment

The thing I can think of is if you have the CD version, whereas mine is the online version.

If you're not sure whether those files have been changed, you might need to uninstall/reinstall. It will keep your save files of course.

Comment

Is it possible to make executable patches; i.e. run an .exe file and it replaces all the necessary files in the ICC08 folder? Because I think doing that would avoid these sort of problems. Though you'd have to make two separate versions for the 8.11-8.13 and the 8.12-8.14 patches...

Comment

Possibly in the future but at this stage no.

There is an FAQ being published on Empire Interactive's website: http://snipurl.com/8m0rq

Comment

Its not working

I've done everything that it said, yet it is still telling me when I select internet game that I need to update. I have the CD version, and am highly annoyed

Comment

Here is the official response to the problems:

A. Windows Vista Issues regarding the update.

Customers using Windows Vista may experience errors when updating the software, if this does happen then please try the following,

1. Locate the default game installation folder usually found at the following location,

C:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008

2. Find the following file name PatchEngine.exe

3. Double left click on this file and wait for the game to restart.

4. When the game has restarted then choose the Internet Game option from the main menu and download the patch update again.

When successfully installed the patch will update the retail version from 8.11 to 8.13 and the downloaded version of the game will be updated from 8.12 to 8.14.

We do advise that after the update is completed you restart the International Cricket Captain 2008 software so that the games options including your saved files are re-configured correctly.

-------------------------------------

B. After following the instruction to install the patch I get a checksum error.

1) Uninstall the game.

2) Make sure all files except for saved games and saved fields settings are deleted from the drive where you installed the game (e.g. c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008)

- If you are running Vista, your saved games should not be stored in this folder, but check before you delete everything.

3) Reinstall and do not modify any files or folders.

- If you have a CD version, re-install from there

- If you have a download version, download from the Childishthings Website again and re-install (just in case your previous download was corrupt).

4) XP users run the game.

- Vista users: Run the patchengine.exe program, which is located in the root (c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008).

5) Press internet game to patch

6) Once the patch has installed, you will need to quite and re-start the game from your normal start link for it to be able to locate your saved games.

Comment

My patch downloading never completes what should I do???

Comment

Downloading patch file stalls at various % amounts.

This could be due to one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.

2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it *MUST* have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.

3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.

4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2271

Comment

Where we can find the "partially downloaded file" and whats it name.
                      where we can fine port 2271 in firewall settings?
                      Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Working...
                      X