No announcement yet.

ICC 2008 Simple Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there needs to be an improved player rating/ability screen or something, rather than just looking at previous stats or by going on how much a player wants for his salary. Hopefully something new will be implemented.

Comment

I'm with aus5892. Especially with online play, there's a potential for it to ruin the game completely. While I'm sure many people just want it to correct a couple of errors here and there, it would be naive to think that's where the use of the editor would end.

Comment

Originally posted by the_gas View Post
        I think there needs to be an improved player rating/ability screen or something, rather than just looking at previous stats or by going on how much a player wants for his salary. Hopefully something new will be implemented.
        I will discuss that with Chris, definitely it seems that salaries are basically ability based anyway so I wonder whether some basic stats would be worth inclusion.

Comment

hi Cyril..
          Buy yourself a gold medal, claiming to be a champ of online icc.

But some who pay for the game have least interest in playing with other humans to find out whose the champ, but have other ways of boosting their ego.

I purchased the game so I could build, manage, work my own team to success, for which, i really need n editor, to create players, give them abilities and what not.

I understand there is another critical comment on the way,.. of players with 100% abilties for i read it somewhere,.. but just request to stop that non-sense, and not underestimate other's intellect.
          Last edited by rishi; 12-19-2008, 11:40 PM. Reason: spl error

Comment

I would reply to that post, rishi, but I can't actually understand what you're saying or what your point is.

Comment

All I wanted to say is that.. rather relying on these editors to come through sources not official, if we can all encourage the fact that an option of having an official one would only enhance the gameplay (for those wanting to use it), ..without spoiling the experience of game's online users, ... would be in best interest for all.

Many a times the voice of users requesting this feature has been subdued by game developers, administrators and such alike followers, which is very unfair.

As you said, .. it will be naive to think that online play is all this game has to offer and with an editor the game will become worthless.

Comment

A simple solution would be to make sure that the player is using the original default data base before allowing them to connect online.

That way people could have two saved games, one for online play and one where they can edit and tweak the data base for offline play.

Comment

The thing about this editor is that it doesn't change the database, only the save game and since it's unofficial and has been built to work around any measures Chris took to encrypt the database and prevent these problems, it's not possible to detect at this stage.

Rishi, there is no database editor available now, you haven't been shot down but an editor would require Chris to start from scratch since he himself does not have one (and I know because I was working on the database with him), time which is better spent patching the game and working through things for the 2009 game. Chris is definitely considering building one with next year's database, it just depends on how it works out, but people always find away to cheat and this unofficial editor makes it easy to do so.

Comment

This does not edit the database, as aus5892 says, it just changes the save file. What it does is allow you to change some of the numbers which dictate the stats of the players. The only way I can think of detecting it is to add a filter for when the batting rating is too high or bowling rating is too low etc. But it wouldn't be very effective.

And anyway because the editor works only with the first version; and you can only play the patched version online, it should be fine for the moment. I haven't had a look at the patched version as I can't get it.

Comment

I've more or less decided to stop working on the editor, so no need to worry about guys cheating online (with the new patch anyway). Feel free to look at my post on PC's forums (nothing much different there, btw).

Comment

Averages and stats I do care about, but for maintaining or improving them during gameplay not that it has to be 100% matching to real world.

My need of an editor originates from the huge desire of having created players (yourself and your close friends) representing different nations, giving them fighting abilities and then observe who is turning out to be more valuable to their nation.

Whilst managing overall team, micro-managing your created players would be 10 times the fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by rishi View Post
                          My need of an editor originates from the huge desire of having created players (yourself and your close friends) representing different nations, giving them fighting abilities and then observe who is turning out to be more valuable to their nation.
                          That's what I did. Of course, I gave my friends and I slightly better than normal stats (e.g. Pietersen batting stats). It was real fun

Comment

Originally posted by G-Reb View Post
                            Hey All

I no it is against Chris and his staff for an editor, but

i came across a simple editor while roaming the internet, for those who wish to download it let me know and i will get it to you!!!

these are the simple steps to using it!!

1.RUN ICC.Open your save game.Open profile of any player u like.
                            2.HIT THE WINDOW BUTTON
                            3.Run the icc 2008 editor.
                            4.Click on load player.
                            5.The player whose profile u opened will get loaded.
                            6.Uncheck the player ability check box.
                            7.There are 255 batting levels.Even Sachin Tendulkar has a level of 6 only.So u can make out what will level 255 mean.
                            8.Click on save after editing.
                            9.You are done.Run ICC 2008
                            Hey G-Reb u copied the whole post from cricketweb forums....
                            it was posted by me there

Comment

Am having a problem. Whenever I run the application, i get a message saying:

'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Try reinstalling the application.'

Any ideas on what to do?

Comment

It doesn't work with the patched version.

Comment

Working...
                                X