No announcement yet.

ICC 2008 Simple Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, ok thx. I was hoping it wasn't that. Is there anyway to 'unpatch it', or shoudl i be reinstalling?

Comment

Well if you want to reintroduce the game bugs, inferior match engine and incorrect database in the previous game then yes you would have to uninstall and reinstall the game, plus without patching you can't play online.

Comment

I'm wondering if the patch actually updated my game.

It comes up as 8.14, but the editor still works and the match engine seems exactly the same (rubbish for Twenty20s, etc.).

Comment

Doesn't seem to be the patch issue. I uninstalled, but still doesn't work. I tried to doenloading the .Net Framework, but during installation it said the version I had was incompatible with the one I already had, or something to that effect. I'll just wait a week or two and try it on the new laptop I'm getting then.
          Thanks for the help guys
          Cheers.

Comment

I tried it before and after the patch and it worked then but doesn't now.

Comment

any cheats for icc08,im abit bored of the game and need something new to spice up the game,thanx...

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron.Pieterse View Post
                any cheats for icc08,im abit bored of the game and need something new to spice up the game,thanx...
                The purpose of a cheat in a sporting game is usually to improve your team's performance in a radical manner. I'm baffled that your idea of "spic[ing] up the game" is to win by obscenely large margins without having to put in any effort. Moreover, the very fact that you're looking for such a cheat would imply that at the moment, you're not having much success with your team and you're sick of losing all the time. In that case, far more challenging and interesting would be to try to improve your team and win some silverware.

I notice that in the 2009 Features Request forum you suggested that without an editor, the game would "quickly become boring" - well, if you're searching for cheats, one would think that the only thing you want an editor for is to elevate your players' stats to ridiculous levels in order to smash every team that you play against.

Comment

Originally posted by stval View Post
                  Am having a problem. Whenever I run the application, i get a message saying:

'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Try reinstalling the application.'

Any ideas on what to do?
                  Try installing NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.

Comment

hey guys... can any1 plz tell me if there was a editor for international cricket captain 2006 and the site where i can download it,plz i will be thankfull..

Comment

dear CYRIL my boytjie the reason im looking for an editor is i dont have much time for games these days,im playing 5 games in short spells coz im a busy man with work,my gf and hanging out with my friends so i dont want to spend hours playing and searching for players,just want short fun spells and a editor will help mee with that,i can create myself,friends and make my own team,thats fun for me...

Comment

Editor for Aus

Hi aus5892,
                        Look I am not sure if this has been brought up before, as I have just registered and this was the first posts I have read. But an editor would be good for a very frustrated Australian user of these games. I have them all from the very first and the Australian Cricket Captain was a real favourite of mine (alas new computers can't play anymore). But I would love to tweak so I can play Sheffield Shield etc. I think it's great that Chris is considering a editor, but I think its also poignant to recognize that Childishthings would not have developed if not for the Australian Consumers and for other minnows for that matter over the years. So i thinks its fair enough to have some considerations, and I know that there would be legal issues to consider, but there are plenty of other games out there, in other sports where there seems a way to do this. Any way the games are great and thanks for the enjoyment over the years.

Comment

Hi aus5892,
                          Sorry have just read post about possible Australia domestic in 2009 forum, that would be great , I undertsand there would be so many legal issues, but fingers crossed

Comment

As far as editing in new leagues in the new version goes, it's not possible right now, but as I said in the future Chris is planning on introducing the Australian and/or others, although I can't guarantee it will be in 2009 he is looking into it and has told me that if not this year then hopefully next.

Still, nothing can be confirmed at all because that's up to the publishers.

Comment

Id think there would be some practical issues around licencing those competitions for the game as well aye?

I doubt the Aussie cricket board would just give the intellectual property rights to Chris for free?

Mailman

Comment

Although I can understand reservations about editing abilities of players and spoiling the game for online players,I do think is editor is great for creating more mixed handed players in the future
                                ie LHB/RM and RHB/SLA and changing batsman who are good bowlers into all-rounder icon etc

Comment

Working...
                                X