X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC 2008 Simple Editor

Hey All

I no it is against Chris and his staff for an editor, but

i came across a simple editor while roaming the internet, for those who wish to download it let me know and i will get it to you!!!

these are the simple steps to using it!!

1.RUN ICC.Open your save game.Open profile of any player u like.
    2.HIT THE WINDOW BUTTON
    3.Run the icc 2008 editor.
    4.Click on load player.
    5.The player whose profile u opened will get loaded.
    6.Uncheck the player ability check box.
    7.There are 255 batting levels.Even Sachin Tendulkar has a level of 6 only.So u can make out what will level 255 mean.
    8.Click on save after editing.
    9.You are done.Run ICC 2008
    Attached Files

This is thanks to Fe (who made the editor) and all the guys over at Planetcricket.net who helped him find the correct hex to edit, etc. (including me)

It works very well and is useful for comparing players/seeing how highly the hard-working guys at Childish Things rate the players

There is also a scout that Fe made (I don't know whether G-Reb has included it in his package) which loads every single player in your save file and allows you to sort them by their abilities etc.

I just thought that this post should give credit where it's due

The original topic is http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/...ial-39712.html , go to one of the last pages to find the latest version of the editor/scout.

I'm not sure how it works with the new patch however; it should still work.

Comment

Can i edit who is in my squad?, fix database errors myself?
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Is it for the unpatched version?

Comment

oh my god..................

it works really... chris gayle scored (match form : 5%) 232 off 200 balls in a one day match........

can't really still believe it

Comment

You can only change names the old way, by going to there personal

but with the editor you can change what the bat, bowl or whether they keep.

you can even change the date of birth!
            it will take a bit of tinkering but it will work!

Comment

This editor is basically exactly the sort of editor Chris doesn't want. I obviously can't stop people here from downloading it or googling it, but it does not change player teams, the only thing it does shows you player abilities and allow you to change them without limits. It also makes online play redundant because The only real use is correcting incorrect bowling styles or making someone an AR or batsman or bowler, most of which was corrected with the new patch.

Chris is definitely considering an official editor for 2009, but editors like this just create a whole lot of issues and the way it is done stands to completely ruin the game.

Comment

Im sorry Aus5892

im one of the firm believers that wanted an editor!!!

and because the people wanted one so bad i went out and found one, you knew that eventually an editor would be found and distributed out!!

so dont go saying to me that it will ruin the game, u will survive, because you wouldnt give the public what they wanted i am!

Comment

Originally posted by tenpoundfortytwo View Post
                  Is it for the unpatched version?
                  yes it is only for the unpatched version does nto work with the new patch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                    This is thanks to Fe (who made the editor) and all the guys over at Planetcricket.net who helped him find the correct hex to edit, etc. (including me)

It works very well and is useful for comparing players/seeing how highly the hard-working guys at Childish Things rate the players

There is also a scout that Fe made (I don't know whether G-Reb has included it in his package) which loads every single player in your save file and allows you to sort them by their abilities etc.

I just thought that this post should give credit where it's due

The original topic is http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/...ial-39712.html , go to one of the last pages to find the latest version of the editor/scout.

I'm not sure how it works with the new patch however; it should still work.

Thanks Chewie

iim sorry i forgot to thank the blokes i got it off :S

it was my intention to as soon as i loaded it but it skipped my mind

thank you for this and it is a great asset

Comment

Wow !!!! this editor really works......you can edit your squad to some extent too, you can release players you dont want and change your overseas player too....this is the real thing that a lot of us have been waiting for
                      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I've been told this doesn't work with the patch; though it works fine with the old versions.

You cannot change squads, though you can change nationalities.

And we hope that the people who download it have the integrity not to use their edited players on online games.

Comment

Thats right Chewie

i never put the editor on for people to use on the online play, if they do that is just cheap and low

i put it up so that the people that wanted it could get it and change what they needed

Comment

I use it because I'm interested in seeing how high Childish Things rate different players, and when I see a new regen who seems really good, I can check his stats to make sure I'm getting a good purchase.

Comment

Fair enough, but that's the sort of thing that Chris built the game to avoid. There's a lot more challenge having to judge for yourself and learn your own players' strengths and weaknesses. I love finding out that one of my players is crap at OD bowling but strong at FC bowling, because it's a challenge. The editor takes that away, and also the hidden ratings.

Since the editor has been crashing people's games on the newest version, I think it's best to leave it now since it can't interfere with online play anymore unless it's updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X