This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch problems thread

Just a quick question for Chris or an administrator........are my saved games from version 8.11 compatible with the new patched 8.13 version?.
    And also is there a patch change list available?...that tells us what fixes etc are in the patch, or is it purely an update database with no bug fixes/gameplay changes etc?
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

From the official email:

A new version of International Cricket Captain is now available for download. Existing users can get the update for free by pressing the "Internet" option from the main screen.
    This updated version features changes to the database, improving the accuracy of player types and attributes in the game. We've made changes to the run rates when batsmen are hitting out, adding to one day and twenty over match realism. Pitch wear effects have also been remodeled to improve the 4 and 5 day games.
    The on-line game has had a major update, to fix disconnection problems that some users were experiencing. This will make the online game available to many more players
    If you are using Vista, or have edited any of the games files, the patch may not install first time. There are instructions to resolve common problems here:
    http://support.empireinteractive.com...9-CD82BFBF92AE

Comment

Older save files will still work after the patch.

Comment

Saved games disappearing...

Hi

I'm running Vista and installed the patch..after I did what has been suggested and copied and pasted the saves from the ICC2008 folder in AppData etc...and restarted the game yet the saves are still not appearing. Any ideas please?

Comment

Problem with patch

Sorry if this is obvious and I've missed a post -I've looked at all the likely ones. Thing is, I'm running Vista and downloaded the latest patch. Seemed to have installed but now when I load up it asks me to register again! Not only that, it says my serial number has already been used to register a game, despite me copying it direct from the email I recieved on purchase. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Ross

Comment

Really excited about the one day run rate adjustments. Gonna test tonight!
            Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

I'm on Vista and my save games are still in the normal Program Files folder, have you tried moving them back there?

Comment

You'll need to contact Softwrap about this since they handle registration. You can contact them at support@softwrap.com

Comment

Patch wouldnt download

Hi.. having a prob downloading the patch... when i choose internet game then it downloads only to around 40 - 50% then gets stuck... tried it ova 10 times but no luck.... hope some1 can help!

Comment

Yes I copied and pasted into that folder and it made no difference.

Comment

Make a new save game with a distinctive name, save and exit and then do a computer search for that save game name. Hopefully that will tell you where the save games are being put.

Comment

I'm not sure why people are having downloading problems, it may have something to do with Vista but my suggestion is to email Childish Things through the form on the website.

Comment

checksum error

i downloaded the patch 6-7 times and try to install i get checksum1 error and patch failed i reinstalled the game same error need help??

Comment

I have the same problem as gabby i always get a checksum 1 failed error

Comment

Hi, I've tried installing the patch many times and it comes up with a checksum error each time. I'm using Windows XP. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X