This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some more solutions:

Downloading patch file stalls at various % amounts.

This could be due to one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.

2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it *MUST* have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.

3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.

4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2271

B. After following the instruction to install the patch I get a checksum error.

1) Uninstall the game.

2) Make sure all files except for saved games and saved fields settings are deleted from the drive where you installed the game (e.g. c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008)

- If you are running Vista, your saved games should not be stored in this folder, but check before you delete everything.

3) Reinstall and do not modify any files or folders.

- If you have a CD version, re-install from there

- If you have a download version, download from the Childishthings Website again and re-install (just in case your previous download was corrupt).

4) XP users run the game.

- Vista users: Run the patchengine.exe program, which is located in the root (c:\Program Files\Xplosiv\International Cricket Captain 2008).

5) Press internet game to patch

6) Once the patch has installed, you will need to quite and re-start the game from your normal start link for it to be able to locate your saved games.

Comment

version after patch

which version is now available for download for two day trial after the release of patch?
      version 8.12 or 8.14????
      Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

It should be on the original version, and then you can update it.

Comment

nothing worked aus. i did everything you said still getting check sum error. need help

Comment

Patching on Vista

I was only able to patch after changing the properties on the cricket.exe. I selected XP compatability mode and run as administrator (both these things can be done if you right-click on the cricket.exe and select properties). The patch then downloaded and installed. then I reset the properties to the default values. The problem is/was that I had to re-register the game and it told me I had exceeded my registrations for my key. I've emailed Softwrap so I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

I still cannt install the patch after almost 100 tries doing each and every thing mention at least 10 times it always seems to stop after reaching 80 or in 90s %.
              Can some upload the 811-813.cpf file if it gonna help installing the patch.

Comment

Downloading patch file stalls at various % amounts.

This could be due to one of the following:

1) Virus checker - A previous version of Norton Anti-virus was incompatible and would cause problems (checksum issues) until it was disabled whilst patching.

2) Very important - whilst downloading ICC if running in a window it *MUST* have focus otherwise the download will fail. Users should not switch to other programs. This is also the same when playing on-line. When playing on-line it is actually recommended to play full screen.

3) If a download attempt fails you must fully exit ICC and ideally delete the partially downloaded file before retrying.

4) Firewalls must allow access to port 2271

Comment

I already did but no use ,Is there any time limit to complete downloading the patch cuz due to (under sea cable cut)internet problem in Asia I cannt get over 28kb/s from ICC server and its always stuck in mostly 90s% more over a week ago when I was getting maximum 14kb/s on ICC server the patch had always stopped in 40s%.
                  So is there any way to download the patch before cable cut resolves?

Comment

Those are some painfully slow speeds. I know that sometimes download managers can improve download speeds substantially. Beyond that, I can't think of anything else.

Comment

Patch Issues

I still noticed the big second innings scores after pitiful first digs after the patch. I was playing as Somerset vs. Hampshire in 2014, I was struggling at 9/68 before lunch on Day 1, and I decided to declare to avoid an embarassing score like that on my record sheet. I then turned around and bowled Hampshire out for 215 just before stumps, Day 1 (shoulda done the screenshot but oh well.). Anyway in the second innings I made 7/615 dec, and then bowled Hampshire out in the last hour of Day 4 for 311 chasing 468. Realistically, this shouldn't happen.

Also, I have too noticed the AI batsman shutting up shop when chasing in the 4th innings, even if they only need 3.5 an over. In today's game, batsman are more likely to try and chase 300 in 75 overs than 10 years ago (except India, refer 1st Test vs Australia, Oct 08).

Powerplays.
                      I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but it seems that every AI team uses the three powerplays all in a row in the first 20 overs, or maybe leaves a one over gap. This should be randomised a lot more. I was once 0/134 off 15 overs, and England used the third powerplay. Not even the dullest of captains would do this. I guess the new rule where the batsmen choose one of the powerplays need to be implemented.

What about the ball change after 35 overs? Worth a look at introducing into the gameplay. A harder ball, more boundaries.

One last thing...OVER RATES. Come on, seriously, when was the last time a Test team bowled 102 overs in one day? When was the last time they bowled more than 90 overs in one day? I think this is a major flaw in the gameplay, as it allows for more overs, more time, and more chances for a result than in a real Test Match. I'm sure something can be done about this, maybe change the times each overs goes for, rather than a set time for quicks, mediums and spinners (I once bowled 124 overs in a day with 3 spinners). Also, maybe chuck in delays, like sight-screen movings, field changes, and then place restrictions on the fielding team to get the overs in in time, or the skipper faces suspensions. That would be awesome.

That's all I can think of atm, but I'm sure they're pretty valid and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Let me know what you think guys.
                      The Cult Of Personality

Comment

The changes to the match engine won't work on old saves, and by looking at the year of 2014 as a game date, I'm presuming it's an old save. Database changes will work on new saves, however.

Comment

It is using the new patch. As soon as it came out, I started all my games again
                          The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Having looked at the scorecard. As a one-off, it does happen. Not uncommon for pitches to drastically improve. If it happens on a regular basis, then it probably does need looking at further.

Comment

Working...
                            X