X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King of the Kings

Hi every one
    I just saw a thread in which some one mentioned his career in ICC2008
    When I was free I used 2 play this game a lot .I was in 2036 and all of my batamen were scoring above an avg. of hundred and bowlers were also having amazing bowling abilities.Four of my bowlers were having bowling avg. below 10 in all format of the game.And none of the bowlers had avg. above 15.It was hard to select the team some times
    Many batsmen had made 100 centuries and their strike rates were well above hundred...........A real fun it was!!!RIGHT?
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Doesn't sound like fun to me. The game has some flaws in relation to realism, but it's far too realistic to allow any of that to happen. I can only conclude that you either used an editor or repeatedly saved and copied your save file every few overs to create distorted results.

Comment

Its a secret.

Well its not because of the reasons u mentioned.
      Its just bcz.....I would have told you but I think it will be more fun if u keep guessing
      By the way its without any cheat.

Comment

I have no interest in speculating about how you go about doing it. Quite frankly, it's up to you: all I know is that when I pay for a game, I want to play it properly. If you enjoy achieving ridiculous results with whatever technique you use, you may as well just set up a document in Microsoft Word and type up the results you'd like to see.

Comment

I'd like to agree with Cyril here. I would not really find winning every match easily amusing in the slightest. The best games are the ones when you either surprise yourself by players playing very well, or the games which are close and you have to win with your strategy. If you are bored of the normal game, I could see the enticement of starting an unusual game and setting yourself personal challenges, such as the "West country Nazi's" game that is curently being viewed in this forum, but I see no reason why giving yourself a magnificent team would be any fun at all...

Comment

king is always fair in games atleast...hahaha

lolz
            u said u damn care how I got such records and at the same time u are showing ur believe that I did it by using some sort of cheats.I think u are thinking negatively....All my players have even better second class records which u cant achieve by unfair means..
            It is bcz of my better understanding about picking youth and training them
            You believe or not but KING is always fair in games ..there is no fun if u cheat ................atleast u would agree with this

Comment

Sure, sure... you're welcome to say what you like on the matter. I'll just remain content in the knowledge (1) that the scenario you've presented is physically impossible: the game engine is literally unable to generate players anywhere near as good; and (2) that you've chosen wasted your money paying for the game when you could have just imagined the results yourself without paying a cent. Like this:

I just imagined that my Hampshire team won a match by an innings and 2700 runs! My openers scored 1490 not out and 1285 not out, and I declared at 2800/0... then I bowled out Surrey for 50 in each of their innings! Wow!

Comment

I have save games from ICC2002 where I found this possible. Spinners with incredibly low averages, 2 or 3 batters with averages close to or just over 100

The cost was the main thing, 4 or 5 uber players and always relying on 1 or 2 of them to be very young and on their initial cheap contract.

Keeping more than that is just not possible in the County game,

Sad thing is other clubs cant afford to buy them, so when you let them go, most just dissapeared (not realistic..25 year old player wioth a test average of 80+ not even being offered a viable contract)

But in 2008 game balance has made it very very hard to do.

One thing I will say, is that after 10 seasons or so, you can see that 2008 is a far better balanced game

I take it you are on about 2008.

All I can say is, I wouldn't like to play you online. (not meant as a compliment)
                The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

@ Cyril.

In ICC2002 won several tests by over 1024 runs (not cheating), at which point the run counter resets to zero.

In 2008, I can't even get close to this. I've played many many seasons with some success, but the sort of figures mentioned here are WAY above what I've ever got near to achieving.

I find them very unlikely.

Scritty
                  The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

cyril washbrook

You still think its impossible
                    Remember we are playing computer game not in real
                    so results of a computer came would always be unrealistic
                    You can only dream of the scores u mentioned ...I have not done that or even closer to that
                    I have gone upto 1300 sometimes but not without a wicket
                    I had to loose my most of the wickets and time to get that.
                    And I dont think I have wasted my money...I love this game and I have made a team which you think is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
                      @ Cyril.

In ICC2002 won several tests by over 1024 runs (not cheating), at which point the run counter resets to zero.

In 2008, I can't even get close to this. I've played many many seasons with some success, but the sort of figures mentioned here are WAY above what I've ever got near to achieving.

I find them very unlikely.
                      Mm, I did hear of reports of that happening in earlier versions of ICC. As you've noted, the game engine has been refined since then, and while there are some obvious flaws (especially in international play), it's too realistic to allow that sort of stuff to happen. Anyway, if I were habib, I wouldn't be proud of it even if he had achieved his feats in ordinary gameplay: instead, I would be annoyed with Chris Child for making such an unrealistic game.

Comment

come on friends share your records here?

Hi every one
                        Hi to every one from king
                        I shared my records in here you can post your records in this this thread
                        King will love to reply
                        thanks

Comment

the only way i can see habib making such a good team is playing on easy level. if this is the case then its no achievment as its no challenge to anybody.

i know for a fact to get a batsman through who averages 50 or a bowler who averages 20 is a big achievement / god send. in reality i have many more youth players who i try out that are hopeless than top class players, just like real life where many players dont make it.

Comment

waooooo

Good news
                            ICC 2009 is going 2 be released soon
                            I am very much sure it will be much more appealing and demanding
                            Just cant wait 2 have a copy of ICC 2009

Comment

You say you've got all these awesome records, put up a screenshot. I'd like to see them.

Comment

Working...
                              X