Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning games is very rewarding, especially when your bowling attack is as weak as mine. Masters and Kaneria are firing now though. Even Tudor is getting wickets. Looks like promotion out of Pro40 Div 2 is a certainty, mid-table finish in the CC.

Comment

right now i advanced to the 20 Over final against Kent. I play as Somerset, I went 9-1 during the whole season. Last game i scored 183-2..with 22 runs coming off just the 1st over. Justin Langer joined our team in the KO stage..he's a beast!! He had international duties to do for a long time..now my team is a monster with Langer.
      Currently 1st place in my Pro League..6th in County Champ..i got knocked off in the challenge trophy after the 1st round (KO stage).

Comment

I lost 8 games in my group with Essex in the T20, my overall NetRR was -16.

Doing well in the Championship. Currently 4th, 27 points behind 1st. Mid-season. Pettini and Gallian are in the runs. Bopara has got back into form after a woeful T20, Foster is getting runs too.

Comment

just finnished 1st season with lancs. won county championship on the final day and won the t20 cup. yousuf scored 1710 runs and anderson took 91 wickets. However I've let yousuf go and brought in shaun masrh as overseas. Let sutton chapple cork smith newby sutcliffe chilton and marshall go. Law retired. brought in trescothick, luke wright and charl willoughby. gareth cross is now my keeper and I have no back up. I also have a second team full of youngsters.
          Last edited by acook; 07-20-2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Essex

Hi All,

I started out with Essex in Div 2, won the league easily and in the first season in Div 1 one the league again. I was rubbish at the limited overs games but im not too worried about that.

In the last 2 years, my best batter has been Ryan ten Doeschate who in this season in Div 1 scored 2104 runs (highest 279), last season he scored 1921 runs so he's been my life saver. Best bowler has been my pakistan spinner Kaneira who last season took 130 wickets and this season took 121 wickets. Alistair Cook has been off doing the international team thing so ive been relying on Ryan ten Doeschate and Jefferson who I bought after the first season. Oh and I also won the Div 1 CC with a record of 8 wins and 8 draws with 0 losses. starting to enjoy the game now

Comment

West Indies just won the test series against Sri lanks going 1-0...we had exceptional bowling in the frirst test match making our 2nd innings an easy run chase of 223.
              In the second test match we batted untill the end of 3rd day session 1..bowled sri lanka out cheap. but they managed to rebound batting untill the end of the match.
              Now i must play the ODI's and win!

Comment

icc 2008 progress

i started an England career and just started the 3rd year as captain, my test team consist of A.Cook, M.Carberry, J.Flynn, K.Pieterson, O.Shah, L.Wright (due to P.Collingwood retirement), T.Ambrose, R.Sidebottom, J.Anderson, M.Hoggard and M.Munday.

I have found that Michael Munday is a superstar and has taken 184 wickets in 27 tests and Alistair Cook is a gun with the bat scoring 2000 runs in his first 2 seasons.
                we are second on the test list, and 6th on the ODI list, with the leader of test batting A.Cook nd bowling M.Munday

Great game, kepp the good stuff up

Comment

I'm now into 2010 with Essex. Middlebrook and Westfield were released. Tom Smith (the Lancs one) and a youth batsman called Marcus Bowes were signed. Smith has been economical and Bowes scored two centuries in a win over Worcs, and got 2 wickets in the second innings. Handy little leg-spinner.

Good start. Won 2 Championship games, but lost to Somerset. They signed Rashid. And won my last 2 Challenge Trophy games. Middlesex and Sussex the sufferers. I have to bowl first, otherwise I lose. I'm happy with the side, though my seamers are still a bit of a problem. Smith is likely to play the whole season, if he doesn't bag wickets, he is always tight. Masters is good in the shorter formats, not so good in the Championship.

Comment

I'm in '10 now with Surrey. I have a RF and a RFM bowler, each with a second team average of 17.something. I have signed Rahul Dravid, Ambrose, Jefferson and Afzaal, and so have a pretty amazing batting line up,.

Comment

Im cruising through this game with England and am on top of the test ranks and have jsut won my second World Cup, some great players are A.Cook, Julian Flynn, Mitch Rowell and Michael Munday.

I will psot some screen shots shortly

Comment

I am about to enter 2011 with Essex. Oh dear, I am in for a toughie.

I was fed-up with a lot of seamers doing nothing, I think I released about 10 players. But Ali Cook didn't keep his England contract, I did re-sign him, at an almighty 92k. I simply ran out of funds though. So I have 3 youth players filling up my squad. My batting is fine. But if Danish gets injured I will be awful. Still, it's a new challenge and I'm up for it.

Comment

Having started up the customary Hampshire game, i have found it a lot harder than previous versions, but in a nice way, it is certainly a challenge.

I ahve just started my 3rd season (I am mid way through may). the first 2 seasons were very tough. In both we narrowly avoided relegation in the County championship. The FP trophy was a loss, finish 4 out of 5 in both seasons. Pro 40 we were relegated in the first season and lost the play-off in season 2. Twenty20 has been something of a relief, reaching the quaters both years, mainly thanks to Sean Ervine.

Hampshire Season 1 & 2:

Pro's -
                          • Strong t20 showings bodes well for other limited over contest
                          • Michael Brown - Over 1200 runs in both seasons
                          • Chris Tremlett - Hasnt set the world alight, but has been best bowler
                          • Nic pothas - Hioghest scoring WK in the country, although often inj
                          • Usually Strong batting in FC has laid many good foundations
                          • Dale Steyn - Overseas signing for 2010 has shown good form from the word go, unlike Malinga and Bond in previous seasons
                          • Season 3 signing Luke Wright offers excellent all-round abillity in the OD game, but questions remain over FC potential
                          • Other s3 signing, james Treadwell, has filled a previousy gaping hole in the spin department and is good for 20/30 runs at the end of an innings

Cons
                          • Bowling has been very weak with Tremlett and Mascheranas bearing a heavy workload
                          • Worrying lack of youth talent
                          • Lack of depth, not in quantity terms, but definately quality. Tom Burrows, James Tomlinson, Kevin Latouf anyone??
                          • Mediocre performances in previous seasons has led to a lack of funds for training physio and most importantly youth development
                          • Batting line up is brittle and Sean Ervine is only middle order batsmen to score runs consistently
                          • We are susceptible to international call-ups, tremlett mascheranas and Carrberry have all been rendered unavailable at various times.

Overall though i see light at the end of the tunnel, Treadwell's arrival has been a godsend and luke wright has had a fantastic start in the FP trophy (105 off 81 as an opener on debut against Wocsetershire. Dale Steyn has been a superb strike bowler thus far.

However we may well struggle when it comes to a more advanced stage of the season, a lack of coaching and absence of physio sessions (20,000 and 10,000 respectively) will hit hard once the t20 comes around

Comment

I played with Middlesex, in my second season now. I didn't really do anything of note in my first season but I didn't find it to be too bad either.

- Brad Godleman was the top run scorer for me last season, topping 1500 runs in FC. Narrowly missed out on being the top scorer of the entire league due to my last game being a little more batsman friendly for my opponents that I really wanted.

- Andrew Strauss and Owais Shah missed almost every game last season due to their England contracts. Shah started this season well, scoring two centuries and a double in his only three innings this season before being selected by England again.

- Murali Kartik has been a steady lower order batsman in both seasons, hanging around while someone from the middle order takes most of the strike. But Kartik has has his share of good scores too, including a high of 69 last season in addition to 2 other fifties. He averages around 30 currently.

- Chris Silverwood has been the mainstay of my bowling. The other bowlers have their moments but simply cannot be consistent like him. He's a decent batsman too, getting a couple of fifties. (My biggest highlight with him was in ICCIII, though, where he got a match-winning century.)

- Steven Finn or Alan Richardson is usually my other strike bowler, but like I said, they aren't that consistent. I have problems with a fourth bowler and I usually just call someone up from the second team for a couple games before sending them back down.

- As far as all-rounders go, I use Ed Joyce. I know he's just in the game as a batsman but last year he averaged 41 and took 43 wickets at 41, with a best of 6/72 and a high score of 172 not out.

- Biggest disappointments? Chris Peploe (but I'm keeping him since I'll NEED a spinner for the inevitable selection by India of Kartik...happened in ICCIII), almost every all rounder that I've had except a member of the youth team named Chris Bucknall, everyone else except Ed Joyce as a part-time bowler, umpiring decisions from time to time.

Comment

Did better in 2011 than I thought. Mainly due to Kaneria. Some stellar batting performances too. Whitworth scored 1,000 runs in OD games. Brady scored 1,400 in FC. 13th CC, 12th Pro40, QFs CT, R1 T20 (by one point!)

Masters and Phillips retired at end of season.

Brought in: Plunkett, Lawson, Clare (Derby all-rounder). Then some youths. Cook got his England contract back.

Comment

I just won my most recent match against Warwickshire, with Murali Kartik giving me 6 wickets in the first innings and 5 in the second. Some resistance from Ian Trott in both innings.

Check out my top scores in the second innings. After a partnership of 188 between the two, they fell in successive overs. One was hard...two almost gave me a heart attack.

EDIT: By the way...how do you get the photo as a clickable thumbnail instead of this huge thing which clearly disrupts the layout?

Comment

Working...
                                X