Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 5 games into my 2nd season with Yorkshire, won the FC in my first year, no one was exceptional, although Wainwright came along well, Phyrah was very consistent at the top of the order and my WK problem was solved due to the signing of Youth player W Wilkins halfway through the season now averages 60 from 13 FC games, in 2nd season have won all 5 games so far getting maximum points in all of them, Wainwright has been a revelation with 45 wickets, Tremlett has been a disappointment with 5 wkts at 66, top order of Pyrah, Rudolph, Van Jaarsveld, M Ul-Haq and Wilkins have all fired, this is all on normal difficulty, I recommend being Yorkshire.

Comment

I have progressed a few more seasons with England. I have found that Cook and Carberry are a great opening pair. Michael Munday is a freak bowler with 400+ wickets in 60 games. Owasis Shah and Mitch Rowell dominate my middle order with Rowell scoring 3 200+ innings in a row

Comment

qpeedore.

You should be able to put images into a thumbnail by putting it in the attachments tab in the post reply options. I have enclosed an image I've uploaded from My Pictures...

Edit: Yes, that's how you get a thumbnail.
        Attached Files

Comment

Restart

I had couple games wid Hamshire just for testing.
          Started on with Derbyshire, had terrible seasn, finished last in all championships. Even Scotland managed to beat me
          but. started wid 2nd season.. made some major releases n resignin. currently playin widout ne intrnl player. yet doin prewtty well.
          but wuld start again.. frm fresh.. n hope.. i build new strong relnshp wid d team players

Comment

My Essex save is going okay. Had yet another shocker in the T20. Never got to grips with that game. Plunkett has been brilliant in FC cricket. Kaneria has been poor in shorter formats. 1 wicket in 8 T20 games, averaging about 80 in List A cricket, too!

I'm plodding along. Not doing anything exceptional, not doing anything abysmal (barring T20!).

Comment

Well my Middlesex story is from my main game so if you want to know, check it out! (cheap plug)

To sum it up, I've not had a good limited overs time so far, finishing last in both the T20 and the 50 over leagues. I'm trying out some new stuff, switching around a few people and so far it's working out for me.

Ed Smith has been exceptional with the bat. He averages over 55 this season in first class games, and over 40 in limited overs. He's almost the lead run scorer of the entire season, with under a hundred to go to surpass Jacques Rudolph. I hope he does that. Last season Godleman was going to the top scorer but in the last game of the season he scored a double against Middlesex, my team, of all things...and he took the top scorer title away from me.

Comment

Middlesex County

Well Now I am with Middlesex, and they r quite a strong team to reckon. Pace Bowling is very penetrative, and Murali Kartik then chips in wid a wicket or two. But whnever d fast bowlers fail, runs flow like hell!!

another issue wid ths team is if England calls for players 2-3 players r at risk of being on duty, and hence weakenin d team.

Developin Murtagh into a gud allrounder, but need a stable middle order bat next season! uptil now 1 win in FC and 1 draw and 1 win 1 loss in Champions Trophy. I am playin my first season wid Middlesex

Comment

West Indies slump

Match West Indies vs Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka batting first scored substancial total 440+. In reply WI going well until Murali decides to show some of his tricks

From 295/5 to 305 all out

Comment

100 Byes??

I can understand punishing a team for not picking a genuine keeper but I reckon this is a bit out of control.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ouch. That's a LOT. Even Extras scored a century.

Comment

Finally reached a One Day final with Essex. Thanks to Lawson and Kaneria. They are my match winners, though I want Lawson to do better in FC cricket.

I lost to Leics in the final, only scored 180 due to being 30-5! The season finished in a fairly average way. Had a bit more money to spend in the transfer window because of the CT runners-up prize. Released Plunkett and Clare. Signed Danny Ash (RHB, RF) and Chris Behm (LM).

Comment

I've been playing with Notts, first season my side successfully bottled the Pro 40 title, (2nd after losing last 2 games) the FP Trophy (lost in final) and the championship (came 2nd after losing to Hants in last game) which was a bit upsetting.

David Hussey must be the best batsman on the game though, scored 2000+ runs in first season @ 75, with Samit Patel not far behind.

In the off season I signed Michael Munday (spinner) from Somerset, amazingly they didnt play him in the ODIs, he has been excellent for me in all matches so far this season. Also signed Ryan Mclaren who has been a wicket taking machine as well...

Other top batters I have found on a previous game was Ryan Ten Doscherate, who is always up near the top of the averages/runs scored table. Michael Yardy always seems to score runs as well. I desperately need some more aggressive batsman though for the next season, ideally a good opener (I sucked in the 20/20 in me first season).

Comment

Originally posted by footy99 View Post
                            I can understand punishing a team for not picking a genuine keeper but I reckon this is a bit out of control.
                            - I would love to see both the fan and media reaction to this decision and its outcome!

I'm currently on 2017 (on medium level) and playing as Middlesex (never taking control of England):

CC Division Two: 1st
                            Pro40 Division Two: 1st
                            Challenge Trophy: Winner
                            Twenty20 Cup: Winner

CC Division One: 2nd
                            Pro40 Div One: 1st
                            Challenge Trophy: Winner
                            Twenty20 Cup: SF

2009 - 2016
                            CC Division One: 1st Every Year!
                            Pro40 Div One: 1st Every Year apart from 2015 when I slipped to 6th!!
                            Challenge Trophy: Winner 4 times (Runner Up once, Semi Finalist twice and Group Stage once, again in 2015!!!)
                            Twenty20 Cup: Winner 4 Times (Quarter Finalist twice and Group Stage twice, although I won this one in 2015 at least!)

2017 is going well and I've reached the first T20 match of the season. I currently top the CC and won the CT South Group, with Somerset, Glamorgan and Hampshire being the other teams in particular good form this season.

Comment

First of all I thank to the makers of the game for making a superb game like ICC 2008. I have started India as my International team. All the team members are doing well. Series against Australia was full of surprise. I beat them in all four test matches by an inning. Tendulkar scored four hundreds, Dravid three, Sehwag three and Laxman two.
                              Last edited by aus5892; 10-06-2008, 07:17 AM. Reason: Advertising

Comment

I finally have gotten out of the group stages of the 20-20! We're doing well this season, though we are waning in the CC slightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X