This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you doing in ICC 2008?

Tell us how you are doing on your game, who you have signed, who you have found to be brilliant, who you have found to be awful!

Any surprise successes on the international stage? Be it results wise or with a player who doesn't get a look in.

Playing the international game, the OD game is a lot easier to gain success in than the tests. Bowling a side out in tests seems to be much more difficult than in previous versions.

Comment

Playing County game with Notts and doing okay, my batting form is good with Jefferson,Hussey and Read all starring so far, i am struggling to bowl sides out in the second innings though even with Broad/Sidebottom etc, one day form is good, Swann and the evergreen Mark Ealham excellent in this form of the game, havent got to 20/20 yet.
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I am playing as India in the International mode. Just reached the finals of the 2011 world cup. Pleasantly surprised to find the old WC format. You play 6 group stage matches, the quarter final, the semi final and the final. Not too complicated.
        Icc 2005 and 2006 were the best.

Comment

After playing my first game with Yorkshire on normal I was pleasantly surprised to see a Inns and 85 run win against Hampshire. This was after I decided to rest Vaughan, Hoggard, Gough, Brophy, Sayers, McGrath. Scoring 690 in my first innings on the game with Gale (168), Lyth (100) and Rashid
          (114) scoring hundreds and Ballance (91) and Phyrah (95) just missing out. I then saw Wainwright rip through Hamphire in the 2nd Inns to take 5-34 and win me the game with 2 sessions to go. First impressions, another brilliant effort

Comment

Going well, although perplexed.

I follow cricket in NZ.

I've never heard of Iain Robertson, Greg Hay and Brandon Hiini have just come on the scene in first class and aren't anything special.

Yet, somehow, combined with Fulton - these guys are my top four batsmen.

Oram is now a guy who can bowl sides out and quite regularly takes the 4/40 type performance and the occassional 6-60.

Southee, Bond, Martin and Mills aren't even worth selection as bowlers, which is entirely baffling.

Where do you guys get your idea for stats in game?

Comment

Originally posted by Blocky View Post
              I've never heard of Iain Robertson, Greg Hay and Brandon Hiini have just come on the scene in first class and aren't anything special.

Yet, somehow, combined with Fulton - these guys are my top four batsmen.

Oram is now a guy who can bowl sides out and quite regularly takes the 4/40 type performance and the occassional 6-60.

Southee, Bond, Martin and Mills aren't even worth selection as bowlers, which is entirely baffling.

Where do you guys get your idea for stats in game?
              Agreed regarding Fulton, Hiini, Hay and Robertson. They're my top four batsmen also.
              Oram is a useful bowling allrounder.
              Mills does okay for me, but I haven't bothered with Bond, Martin or Southee yet. Try Mason - he goes okay. Also Andrew MacKay is worth a look.

Comment

Just about to finish first season with Derbyshire. Surprisingly good squad on the batting front. Managed to get a score of 868/4 dec. with Ricki Clarke getting 321 and Rogers 247. Am running away with county championship 2nd division mainly due to my batting.

Will need a couple of bowlers for next season and interested to see who I can sign.
                Attached Files

Comment

I started up a game with Essex, on Normal difficulty obviously. Drawn both games in the Championship, declaring in the 600s on both occasions (on flat tracks). I tried to use the spinners at Chelmsford to win to bowl them out (forgotten who it was). I did force them to follow on, but they survived.

I brought Merv Westfield in for my 2nd Championship game, at Derby, and he did very well, 5-162 and 1-12 in their second, short, innings. A double for Ravi in that one. I won my first game in the FPT, thanks to my spinners. Even Flower grabbed two, at 9.5 an over for 4 overs though. I love his hair colour, it's brighter than the top of their kit!

Comment

A tense win. After bowling out Notts for 280 1st Innings on a spinners track with D Wainwright taking 6-95 (comments - seems to take all his wickets in big chunks then has a barren spell). I then proceeded to rack up 677-9 Dec with A Lyth (195) and A Gale (173) sharing an all time Yorks record partenrship (in only 2nd game), then bowled out Notts for 443 after a massive opening stand. I needed 47 to win with 5 overs left, 2 to win of the last ball... and Phyrah strokes it to the boundary for an 8 wkt win and to end up with 29 of 15 balls. This is all on normal difficulty and is different to game mentioned above as i got a new computer.

Comment

Eventually won my first CC game, against Middlesex. Chasing down 297 in just 55 overs in the last 2 sessions on Day Four. Tim Phillips grabbing 5-85 in the first innings. Went through the T20, won 4 out of 10. Didn't get enough runs.

I've been impressed by Palladino, one of the few bowlers at Essex who look like getting wickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                        Eventually won my first CC game, against Middlesex. Chasing down 297 in just 55 overs in the last 2 sessions on Day Four. Tim Phillips grabbing 5-85 in the first innings. Went through the T20, won 4 out of 10. Didn't get enough runs.

I've been impressed by Palladino, one of the few bowlers at Essex who look like getting wickets.

How have you found Gallian ?, he used to get bags of runs for me when he was at Notts.

Comment

I found Galian rubbish in 16 FC games 167 runs at 16.?? Chopra 1023 at 40.?? the diffrence is big and cook 1500 in 11 FC Game

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
                            How have you found Gallian ?, he used to get bags of runs for me when he was at Notts.
                            He's just finding form, no big score as yet. But he has scored 4 half centuries in a row. Struggling with my openers. Cook is off at England a lot of the time, Pettini and Chopra aren't doing much.

I'm loving this game. Very addictive, although maybe that's because I can't wait to get to the transfer window so I can buy a decent pace bowler!

Won 5 out of 5 Pro40 games. Kaneria and Phillips are doing very well in those games, Ten Doeschate is a decent OD bowler too. Though I don't fully trust him. Bopara is on fire, 1240 runs in 11 FC matches. Would be nice to win a trophy in my first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              He's just finding form, no big score as yet. But he has scored 4 half centuries in a row. Struggling with my openers. Cook is off at England a lot of the time, Pettini and Chopra aren't doing much.

I'm loving this game. Very addictive, although maybe that's because I can't wait to get to the transfer window so I can buy a decent pace bowler!

Won 5 out of 5 Pro40 games. Kaneria and Phillips are doing very well in those games, Ten Doeschate is a decent OD bowler too. Though I don't fully trust him. Bopara is on fire, 1240 runs in 11 FC matches. Would be nice to win a trophy in my first season.
                              Thats not bad going, as regards to Gallian i always found him better when you left him on 1 or 2 bars aggression, as he is a good slow accumilator of runs. And yes this new version is definitely the best yet, so addictive, i havent stopped playing it since it came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X