Edited save files - new roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited save files - new roster

A few of us over at planetcricket.net have been making edited save files according to how we feel the players should be rated. The first version of my NZ save is complete and has new ratings for players from all countries, based on my opinion of how good/bad they are. You can download it here

For a full list of changes (if you understand how the editor works) you can go here a take a look.

A lot of NZ and Australian youth players have been edited. For the other countries, I'm not as knowledgeable so I did my best with their players. It's still version one, I haven't run a cross-comparison between all the countries yet for balance, which I plan to do in the future.

Not sure whether this thread will hang around....

FYI- This forum is for people to discuss the original game. If you want to edit it, keep it out of these forums.
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I'm just providing an option for people who don't like some of the database errors that haven't been patched. I know that this may not stay around for very long, but this is really just one way to prolong the gameplay. I do realise the intention of the forums, I have been here for a while. This sort of thing is moderately popular of at the planetcricket forums so I though I should bring it here. I'm not mentioning any details about how to edit the game (though it is only editing one save file) but thought that people might be interested in this.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes and what Sureshot and the others think.

Comment

I need to change Paul Collingwood's catching ability . He drops catch in every match .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
          Not sure whether this thread will hang around....

FYI- This forum is for people to discuss the original game. If you want to edit it, keep it out of these forums.
          The original game is a pile of garbage, there should be regular patches for the game and there are not, it's bloody stupid seeing Vaughan still in the game, in fact it's pathetic.
          If the people who are responsible for looking after this game don't have the time to do so any more then give it to a company who will.
          I didn't buy this for it to be unrealistic within a month of oit hitting the shelves, it's beyond a joke and I certainly won't waste any money on future edirions, and don't bother to ban me for saying what I think, I just won't bother coming here again, after all, it's a complete waste of time.

Comment

Well,
            I say, quite an effort.

You won't be back? Fair enough, we don't want ya back. Also, the following is for newbies to the thread who don't how the game operates.

-->The game does have patches, have had 2 since the original release
            -->M. Vaughan retired after the game was released, so its too late to change the database to remove him. It will make it unstable.
            -->Childish Things nearly went bankrupt at the start of the year, and were not going to release the game. (Google Empire Interactive for full story)
            -->The team is about 12 people, roughly, not 80.
            -->Childish Things, at the moment, is funded by Chris's parents, so they do not have the multi-million dollar funding that EA and IGN and all the bigger companies. Expectations are way too high for a production company with such a small budget.
            -->The realistic component of the game comes through the Regen's and YOUR ability as a coach/captain to train and develop them into good players, much like in real life. It involves identifying who is a talent, or who is overrated, etc. The game would be unrealistic, if like you imply, everything is there done for you.

I assume you have just played the demo, which would give you 2-3 seasons max. Don't judge a book by its cover.
            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Working...
            X