International Cricket Captain 2010 ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Cricket Captain 2010 ideas

International cricket captain has always just had test national sides,so I think there should be playable minor ones as well:

World Cricket Leagues 1-3

WCL1(2010):Afghanistan,Canada,Ireland,Kenya,Nether lands and Scotland.

All six teams qualify for the 2013 icc cricket world cup qualifying tournament.

WCL2(2011):Bermuda,Namibia,Uganda, United Arab Emirates and 1st and 2nd of WCL3(2011).

1st to 4th qualify for 2013 icc cricket world cup qualifying tournament.
    5th and 6th are relegated to 2013 WCL3.

WCL3(2011): Denmark,Hong Kong,Oman,Papua New Guinea and 1st and 2nd of WCL4(2010).

1st and 2nd qualify for WCL2(2011).
    3rd and 4th remain for WCL3(2013).
    5th and 6th relegated to WCL4(2012).(As WCL4 won't be playable, everytime a team is relegated to WCL4 it will swap with one of these teams:Argentina,Cayman Islands,Italy, or Tanzania.If your team falls to WCL4 you will be sacked).

If you don't like the whole of this idea then just add WCL1.

Kind Regards

jamaicacricketfan11

Before that happens I'd like to see the domestic competitions of countries other than Britain, primarily Australia and the IPL.

Not only that, but as I've already said in another post, I'd love the ability to create your own county/state teams from scratch. Maybe even your own countRy - Wonderland Cricket Team, anyone?

Comment

Second Idea

Totally don't agree with creating your own teams, still like my world cricket league idea.
      My Second Idea:

Domestic Leagues

WICB Cup (West Indies)(First Class): Barbados,Guyana,Jamaica,Leeward Islands,Trinidad and Tobago,Windward Islands,Combined Campuses and Colleges,Canada and The United States Of America.

KFC 20/20 Big Bash (Australia)
      Sheffield Shield(First Class)(Australia)
      Ford Ranger One Day Cup(Australia)

IPL(India): With ingame auctions which can reach 1million.

Standard Bank Pro20(South Africa)
      MTN Domestic Championship(One Day)(South Africa)
      South African Airways Provincial Challenges(First Class)(South Africa)

Comment

yea i dont like the creating your own teams idea. theres no point, i prefer realism not fantasy cricket.

the minor countries system i wouldn't mind either. i think the most important thing though is would be for better regens to come through the higher your rankings. so its actually possible to manage your team to consequetive world number 1 test rankings.

without this i am not buying the next version

Comment

Originally posted by Golaxi View Post
          i think the most important thing though is would be for better regens to come through the higher your rankings. so its actually possible to manage your team to consequetive world number 1 test rankings.

without this i am not buying the next version

But this doesn't neccessarily happen in real life

Comment

i want to see a "career" mode where u can start as a promising 15 or 16 year old and work through a playing career, then retire and become a coach.

also more access to youth teams, and less spinners in the West Indies
            Couldn't agree with me more on that one..

Comment

graphics

i think the graphics in the earlier version were a lot better than the 3D stuff used now. would be nice to have the benefit of having the latest stats and players with a simpler approach to the graphics. everthing else is great maybe in 2010 you could use aussie state teams and other minor countries.

Comment

temporary overseas players ?

I agree with other countries domestic games and minor countries possibly becoming test teams at some point, and we could do with temporary overseas players to cover absences of the main overseas players, for example at lancashire, prince is THE overseas player on 2009 with an average of about 40, but the main overseas player should have been VVS Laxman who is better, you could have a main overseas player and possibly a reserve so when one was unavailable you could call on the other and next year we should get sangakkara on the game not prince as main possibly prince as back up

Comment

Because of the new rules in county cricket next year (1 overseas in NWPro40 and LVCC, 2 in FPT20), the devs will have to make the overseas rules different in the already promised transfer system overhaul. I suggest that in this, it is likely that you will be able to sign 1 overseas player, plus one extra just for the T20, as well as bidding for replacements whenever your #1 overseas player goes, well, overseas.

In this strategy, I would guess that Lancashire would be given Prince (who, by the way, averaged over 60 in 5 LVCC matches) as an interim player (as he has been signed) for the start of the season, with Sangakarra being #1 after the 19th of May. I would guess that Lancashire will sign up another overseas for the FPT20, who would then come in, but they may well choose to use Prince instead.

Comment

Laxman > Prince

I agree that Prince is good, but Laxman was our permanent O/S player last year who is better and i would rather have sangakkara than prince on ICC2010 because sangakkara is the third best batsman in the world AND he can keep

Comment

my wishlist

some of these may have already beeen said but this is my wishlist:
                      IPL(Player Auctions as well)
                      More World Twenty20s instead of just one
                      D/L System for ODIs and T20s
                      be able to manage the miinor teams(Ireland,Scotland etc)
                      World Cricket League idea which somebody put
                      Domestic Leagues to make it more fun
                      T20 Champions League
                      Referral System
                      Sky Sports Cricket style layout (cricket matches like they are on TV)
                      Champions Trophy
                      Twenty20 Qualifiers if you are one of the minor nations
                      Be able to arrange your cricket match schedule(T20s,ODIs and Tests)
                      Game letting you know who should be called up and who should be dropped
                      Game letting you know what the conditions are before you pick your side
                      Be able to choose a T20 Squad on your tours as well as Test and ODI Squads
                      Central Contracts
                      For Counties sign players for T20 Cup and Kolpak Players
                      Players that retire hurt should come back in the game later on
                      Create Player,Kit,Team,Stadium Editor
                      Replace players from your final squad(abdul razzaq replaced yasir arafat in the world twenty20)
                      Bowling,Batting and Fielding attributes
                      Player of the series awards for both teams
                      Friendly/Warm up matches
                      Triangular Tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty10 View Post
                        some of these may have already beeen said but this is my wishlist:
                        IPL(Player Auctions as well)
                        More World Twenty20s instead of just one
                        D/L System for ODIs and T20s
                        be able to manage the miinor teams(Ireland,Scotland etc)
                        World Cricket League idea which somebody put
                        Domestic Leagues to make it more fun
                        T20 Champions League
                        Referral System
                        Sky Sports Cricket style layout (cricket matches like they are on TV)
                        Champions Trophy
                        Twenty20 Qualifiers if you are one of the minor nations
                        Be able to arrange your cricket match schedule(T20s,ODIs and Tests)
                        Game letting you know who should be called up and who should be dropped
                        Game letting you know what the conditions are before you pick your side
                        Central Contracts
                        For Counties sign players for T20 Cup and Kolpak Players
                        Players that retire hurt should come back in the game later on
                        Create Player,Kit,Team,Stadium Editor
                        Replace players from your final squad(abdul razzaq replaced yasir arafat in the world twenty20)
                        Bowling,Batting and Fielding attributes
                        Player of the series awards for both teams
                        Friendly/Warm up matches
                        Triangular Tournaments
                        IPL(Player Auctions as well)- Won't be implemented, too many legal rights and copyrights to go through, and not a feasible entry, as it isnt part of the FTP and International circuit, which is what ICC is based on
                        More World Twenty20s instead of just one- This should be included, I think it was just an oversight in 09, I think we'll definitely see one a year in 2010.
                        D/L System for ODIs and T20s- Already discussed, won't be implemented as too difficult and will cause too many errors and instability within the game
                        be able to manage the miinor teams(Ireland,Scotland etc)- Not enough data known about these teams, and also would not be justifiable to implement as they do not play enough cricket in the FTP (see above)
                        World Cricket League idea which somebody put- Doesnt happen in real life, won't be implemented unless part of FTP and current international schedule
                        Domestic Leagues to make it more fun- I believe they are working to implement the Australian comp, which would be awesome
                        T20 Champions League- Not an international fixture, therefore probably won't see it
                        Referral System- too difficult to implement (as per your post in another thread)
                        Sky Sports Cricket style layout (cricket matches like they are on TV)- Probably not a priority
                        Champions Trophy- I believe they were having copyright issues with this, i.e. the use of the name, but can be implemented under a different name I suppose
                        Twenty20 Qualifiers if you are one of the minor nations- As above, not a priority
                        Be able to arrange your cricket match schedule(T20s,ODIs and Tests)- ICC is based on the FTP, and will follow this to ensure reality within the game
                        Game letting you know who should be called up and who should be dropped- As the captain/coach of a side, it is your responsibility to identify who deserves a chance and who needs a break. That's what makes the game so addictive!!
                        Game letting you know what the conditions are before you pick your side- I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think you can do this, but if not, good idea.
                        Central Contracts- Being worked on
                        For Counties sign players for T20 Cup and Kolpak Players- Being worked on
                        Players that retire hurt should come back in the game later on- Something I have requested too...should be included hopefully
                        Create Player,Kit,Team,Stadium Editor- Editor's are a hot topic. The developers are adamant it wont be in, and therefore won't be included in any form.
                        Replace players from your final squad(abdul razzaq replaced yasir arafat in the world twenty20)- Unless they're injured, I don't see why this should be in, but for injuries, this option should definitely be there
                        Bowling,Batting and Fielding attributes- These are hidden, the purpose of the game is to identify yourself who is a talent and who is a crock. If the game gives all this to you, how boring will it be?
                        Player of the series awards for both teams- Yeah I guess it could be implemented, not essential though
                        Friendly/Warm up matches- Are in there, but in real life, and FTP, fewer tours involve warm up matches, but I still think there is enough to have this implemented in ICC
                        Triangular Tournaments- Pretty much no longer exist in the FTP, and are only organised, rather hastily most times too, to feed the greed of the Cricketing Boards. So, as it is rarely set in stone in the FTP, it wont make its way to ICC.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I'd just like to add to that the the World Cricket league (for associates) does exist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cricket_League), but there would obviously have to be a cut-off point, and it's hard to come by information after the top 5 or 6, Ireland and Holland have decent coverage, but others? It's like asking SI to put Pohnpei into FM!

Comment

unoffical IPL

Instead of licensing the ipl you could just call it cricket premier league and the team names

Comment

With the IPL, I would say you do it properly or don't do it. I suggest not doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X