No announcement yet.

International Cricket Captain 2010 ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think icc 2010 must have a written pitch report system specially in ODIs where some times I lost too many wickets while making some quick runs i think that the written pitch report may help us to make a defendable score as per pitch.
    in county matches we should be allowed to give a contact to any overseas player not only player listed.some more competations will be a great addition.

Comment

The biggest thing ICC2010 needs is something to sort out the disconnections in the online game. You play good four-day cricket make an aggressive declaration on a turning pitch get them a few down then on the final session of day four the "waiting for opponent to decide tactics" screen does not go away, eventually forcing you to ctrl+alt+dlt your own game! So fuckin' painful...
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

i wish it to be this way

ICC 2010 must have some extra domestic comps
        the finances should be more detailed, the current finance system doesn't make any sense
        Youth teams shouold be accessable that is you can monitor their performances and pick good player to be promoted
        Training system i think its just not acceptable i played the game in 01 and now its 2010 but still the training is all the same except a few minor changes
        The Coaches and Managers can be appointed
        There should be an option for players like me who don't want to play T20s to skip it automatically
        The Retired players record is a thing that bothers me alot,a player having a great career and after retirement he is nowhere

Comment

ICC 2010 - Get Basics right

I have been hooked on ICC for 12 years and bought everything but now i am really disappointed with the lack of improvements in the last two versions. For me to buy ICC 2010, you have to make more than just a database update and at the least, get the very basics down right. I mean a decade ago, the game was cool as this was different conceptually than popular cricket 96/97 etc but really! move your behinds now; it's been a decade so get a proper game out or stop looting us. The very BASICS which are non-existent in even ICC2009 and have made the series annoying are (and i might have forgotten a few):
          1. Not every batsman runs at SAME pace.
          2. Not every bowler has the SAME action.
          3. Not every ball has the SAME SPEED.
          4. Not every throw arrives so accurately that keeper never takes a step on either side.
          5. Not every SHY at the stumps is a DIRECT HIT
          6. There are INSIDE EDGES and people get bowled off them too.
          7. The Batsmen DO NOT MISS every singly time they out of their crease as every single time they step out we KNOW ITS A STUMPING.
          8. The keepers DO NOT CATCH with their heads turned away.
          9. The keepers DO SOMETIMES MISS a stumping chance.
          10. A stumping is NOT OUT if the batsman is INSIDE his crease.
          11. In cricket, CATCHES ARE TAKEN at covers, midwicket off normal strokes and i have never ever once seen that in 12 years in this game.
          12. SHORT LEG is NOT A COMPULSORY position in every single format of the game.
          13. Injured players CAN COME back in a game.
          14. It DOES RAIN in ODI.
          15. Not every ground in the world has the CROWD 20 meters behind the boundary.
          16. Pitches do have DIFFERENT COLOR.
          17. When you need 5 to win off last ball, the BATSMAN IS NOT CONTENT with pushing for a single even at FULL AGGRESSION.
          18. There can be more than 2 sixes an over once in a year.
          19. there used to a slow-mode earlier in the versions and that can be helpful and maybe a choice of camera angles.
          20. There should be HIT OUT OR GET OUT OPTION
          21. What about fielding abilities? who has how much?
          22. why isn't T20 WC repeated?
          23. OH THIS IS GOING TO BE A TIGHT SINGLE when the ball has gone to the boundary fielder in OUTRIGHT ANNOYING (Having heard it for 12 years)
          24. In earlier versions, i could move the keeper up for med or fast bowler but not anymore. (I guess that got OUTLAWED by the ICC in 2008 somewhere)
          25. If my foreign players are out playing foreign league or country, what am i supposed to do and what about 2 foreign nationals or short term contracts.
          26. Players have DIFFERENT HEIGHT AND WEIGHT you know.

I mean a lot is written about IPL / various other options but given that the above is missing from the GAME PLAY itself, honestly i think that the developmental aspect of the actual game play deserves a lot more attention so that the game frankly start looking like cricket and i am more than certain that most of the above are not major fixes and the loyal fans can reasonably expect to have all the above within one year or maybe skip a year but fix the above so the game becomes closer to reality which is far from it at the moment which is indeed very annoying.
          Last edited by FM13; 02-15-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I can see why all of those things annoy you, and, to be honest, a lot of them annoy me as well. Like every game engine at some point, this one has pretty much had it's day, and I'm sure that a new one'll be needed to sort out a number of those issues. The one's that can be solved within the current engine I'm sure would be within a few years, but we need another engine within 2 or 3, and it wouldn't be viable to fix them all for then I would guess.

I am almost definite, from what has been said so far by Sureshot that points 12, 22 and 25, at least, and likely 17 and 18 as well, will be done for ICC10, along with one major update, such as the Australian domestic comps, and, from what I can see, the major update may well be to address the 'the game hasn't changed at all in 10 years' complaints.

I really hope that ICC10 can be another solid product, and I think that ICC11 will, unfortunately, be the breakthrough or die trying edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Golaxi View Post
              yea i dont like the creating your own teams idea. theres no point, i prefer realism not fantasy cricket.
              Making your own teams is a fantastic idea.
              Realism isn't compromised at all.

I can play historical leagues (are they real enough for you?) or local leagues (just as real)

Even my own teams friendly league fixtures.
              It would certainly add to the game for me.

There is a split between the "realism" lot who want to play a dozen seasons and lose interest when the stars they know and love have left the game ..and the"simming" lot who would like ICC to develop into a cricket simulation sandbox.

I don't see any problem with the regens as they are. Other than the seamers being a little weak as the game progresses, they seem pretty much on a par with the original bunch. Even the allrounders now have a part to play as the game goes on.

Scritty
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Wish to see these features in 2011

1. IPL or similar T20 versions
                2. DL rules for T20 and ODI
                3. Rain affected ODI
                4. No need of direct run-outs..Run-out misses are not there till now. All are direct throws.
                5. Missed catches by other fielders
                6. Referral (URDS)
                7. Ranji Trophy and other INDIAN Domestic Matches.

I am a player for last 5-6 years and i have seen good improvement in ICC till date but need to move with time... Hope to see a good version in 2011.

Comment

Working...
                X