Your County Cricket Sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your County Cricket Sides

What's your First Class, One Day and T20 County sides at the moment and maybe even the best side you've assembled in this years game.

Regens
    " = Regen
    Last edited by Chasjs; 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Lancashire Season 3

At the moment on my Lancs team I'm in my third season and have addressed some of the frailties of the current Lancs team.

Batting - Newman has come in as the extra opener Lancs need and has been great in the shorter formats but hasn't done brilliantly in the First Class scene. Regen player Robertson is putting pressure on Newman's place in the longer format but hasn't had a real breakthrough innings yet. Brown's development in the four day game has allowed Horton to be moved to three. F du Plessis usually bats at four but has dropped to six now Flintoff is being selected less for England and possesses some useful spin bowling with the old ball when the pitch is turning. Dexter has come in and replaced Chilton. He was average in his first season and several drops in form gave Shankar a go, who performed quite well, but he is kicking on in his second season. New has the ability to hit a quick 50 but is yet to show that he can get into three figures consistently enough so is usually used to give the side firepower at the top of the order or as a finisher in OD and T20 formats respectively.

Wicket-Keeping - Kieswetter had an average first season with the bat but still managed to better what Sutton achieved in the first season. He has started this season much better. Questions still remain over his wicket-keeping though. Cross is a good backup but depending on his wages could be released with New an alternative with the gloves.

Bowling - Up first it's hard to ignore Flintoff, he's being selected alot less for England now and has therefore been made Club Captain. His bowling is still great and long may it continue. His batting warrants a place up at four. Vettori has been brought in as the sides spinner because of the decline of Keedy. Keedy will be let go at the end of the season with Hamilton Brown given a chance as backup while a first choice spinner is a target for next season, hopefully without using an overseas spot. Bresnan has replaced Chapple and is doing well. Mahmood and Anderson are great front line pace bowlers with players like Hogg and Smith good backup for players called up to the England side. Croft is used mainly in the shorter format. Good with the bat and useful with the ball.

Summery - The batting is still a bit suspect and not enough batting points are gathered. The bowling attack more than makes up for this deficiency though. With a pace attack of Flintoff, Anderson, Bresnan, Mahmood and Vettori as the spinner there is enough firepower in there to take on any batting order in County Cricket and could even do damage to International sides. The only thing that can blunt it is international call-ups.

Here's my best sides, although it's rare I have all my players available:

First Class
      S Newman (J Robertson")
      K Brown
      P Horton (T New)
      A Flintoff (S Croft)
      N Dexter (A Shankar)
      F du Plessis (R Hamilton-Brown)
      C Kieswetter (G Cross)
      D Vettori (G Keedy)
      T Bresnan (T Smith)
      S Mahmood
      J Anderson (K Hogg)

One Day
      S Newman (J Robertson")
      T New
      P Horton (K Brown)
      A Flintoff (S Croft)
      N Dexter (A Shankar)
      F du Plessis (R Hamilton-Brown)
      C Kieswetter (G Cross)
      D Vettori (G Keedy)
      T Bresnan (T Smith)
      S Mahmood
      J Anderson (K Hogg)

T20
      S Newman (J Robertson")
      C Kieswtter (G Cross)
      P Horton (Brown)
      A Flintoff (S Croft)
      F du Plessis (Dexter)
      T New (Shankar)
      T Smith
      D Vettori (G Keedy)
      T Bresnan (R Hamilton-Brown)
      S Mahmood
      J Anderson (K Hogg)

Comment

I'm playing as Australia in the 2014 Ashes at the moment, and my Test team is this:

1. Phillip Hughes
        2. Shane Watson
        3. Luke Pomersbach
        4. Michael Clarke
        5. Michael Hussey
        6. Marcus North
        7. Brad Haddin
        8. Mitchell Johnson
        9. Cullen Bailey
        10. Ben Hilfenhaus
        11. Doug Bollinger

Comment

Cullen bailey??????!!!!!!!

Comment

i had a long career with sri lanka before i tried the county scene in this game. i have tried a few different teams but not really got far into them. just my opinion on some of the players u mention for lancashire...
            tom new, seems good in division 2 but gets found out more by the better bowling in division 1.
            neil dexter, was hopeless for me at middlesex. couldn't score wherever i played him.
            f du plessis, a scoring god. can score 100 runs a game in the cc easily. worth every penny of his contract
            craig kieswetter, 1 of them players u need to know how 2 use him on the game to get the most out of him so not always best 1st season u sign him. does score big runs tho.
            daniel vettori, im sure there is many better spinners you could sign than him from overseas. good for a few runs but wickets would be more important to me

overall opinion of your team, to me du plessis is a slower batsman who should be anchoring at 3. flintoff would be at 5 with him whacking the old ball about. batting looks strong though dexter isn't my cup of tea and he would'nt be in my side. 1 other problem is how many aggresive batmen you have in the cc side. I can imagine your team collapse like a pack of cards in bowling conditions.
            bowling, im sure u can get somebody better than vettori. pace bowling is strong, about only player who i would sign to walk into that line up would be michael davies from durham.
            so to me you need to replace dexter and vettori to improve the extra bit.

Comment

Yes, Cullen Bailey...

Hauritz was a failure, Casson was a failure, Krejza was a failure, O'Keefe was a failure, everyone was a failure.

I had to give him a go, and he's doing alright.

Comment

see what ya mean about bailey. Gave im a go and he took 20 wickets at thirty which aint bad. White generally does well though. My team for tests in 2012 is:

1. Phil Hughes
                2. Shane Watson
                3. Ricky Ponting
                4. Mike Hussy
                5. Michael Clarke
                6. David Hussey/Luke Pomersbach
                7. Luke Ronchi
                8. Dan Christian/Cameron White
                9. Mitchell Johnson
                10. Cullen Bailey/Peter Siddle
                11. Shaun Tait

And for ODI's:

1. Phil Hughes
                2. Shane Watson
                3. Ricky Ponting
                4. Tim Paine
                5. Michael Clarke
                6. Luke Pomersbach
                7. David Hussey
                8. Cameron White
                9. Mitchell Johnson
                10. Clint Mckay
                11. Shaun Tait

Comment

White at 8?

Comment

And Tim Paine at 4?

Comment

For your ODI team, I'd probably do it this way:
                      1. Phil Hughes
                      2. Shane Watson
                      3. Ricky Ponting
                      4. White
                      5. Michael Clarke
                      6. Hussey
                      7. Paine
                      8. Pomersbach
                      9. Mitchell Johnson
                      10. Clint Mckay
                      11. Shaun Tait

Comment

i know it is strange but it works very well as i tend to use white as a finisher and paine as a consolidater. I can generally make 300 on a decent pitch easy and if the top order crumbles white and johnson can get it to a decent score.

Comment

i also just tried james pattinson and he took 5-70 on debut and backed it up with 2-51. very surprised.

Comment

Jason Krejza has been really good for me as Australia, i'm currently playing the 2014 ashes.

Comment

Working...
                            X