Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icc 2010 update!!!

hello guys,

any news that can be shared on the new game?

I'll just bump this.
    I'm in pre season training now. It's only a matter of 4 and a half weeks till the season starts. Worcestershire Sussex on Sky 20th April (i think) The Champions Verses Lions (or MCC, or whoever it is this year) is barely 4 weeks away.

Any news would be great. As long as there is additions (not just team updates) I will be buying it.

As for great games. It might be worth some of you cricket fans with PS3's having a look at MLB10 The Show. If you want to know how a bat and ball game should look and feel, then the graphics and play of this, coupled with the stats of ootp9 (10 is out soon) show how high the bar is set.

Cricket is becoming a big money game. It now compares finacially very well with sports like baseball, and has massively more long term potential (6x more people worldwide watch cricket than baseball, and the countries that make up the bulk of that number are becominf financially more proserous at a very rapid rate) Of course much of this is the IPL factor, but it can't be long till someone really shakes up the whole cricket game genre.

ICC and CC are great games, but both done on a shoestring. THough I will always buy them, they can't compare the NHL10, MBL10 TS, FIFA10, or even Football Manager, OOTP, hell even the Sports INteractive Icehockey franchise seems Matrix compared to every cricket sim I've ever seen.

The real problem is the woefully awful arcade cricket games. The aussie team (swordfish or whatever) seem to turn out cartoony games with laughably bad animation (bowlers lumbering in like they are carrying two invisible rolls of carpet, one under each arm, then a straight backed bowling action with the arm coming over crooked and about 2 feet away from the ear - followed by the fastest bowler on the fastest pitch barely able to get it above ankle high and two boucing to the keeper.

Batting that is broken. Find the oner or two "gun" shots and repeat ad nauseum.
    As for the EA cricket. ARGGHHH.

Me: Hi Richie how are you?
    Richie Benaud : "Stopped in the covers"
    Me: Hmm, interesting. Going to the game today?
    Me: Errm Richie. Why do you keep saying that? I'll try a straight drive instead.
    Me: Ok a sweep
    Me: Ok Richie, Don't do a voice over for EA again. It aint doing you any favours..
    Me: Bye
    Richie Benaud : ...... "Stopped in the covers"

Look at MLB 10, notice the physics similarity, then see how accurate the stats are, and how despite tens of thousands of people playing online and off - the stats stay accurate game after game, Rewarding real skill and game knowledge.

Arcade cricket games have a hell of a long way to go before they can even be fit to polish MLB10's boots. Yet with all the money and potential in cricket, it's only a matter of time before someone puts these decrepid games in their place

Lets hope Chris polishes the strategy side of cricket and gives us the game we deserve (and have paid for so many many times)
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Any news we can give you guys will be given straight away, we are all working hard on it though, I'm excited about it, we all are.

Comment

Is there going to be IPL in the new game? A simple yes or no answer please

Comment

Well, No.
          It has been answered many times before that it won't be in.
          The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Will thr be Aussie Domestic in ICC 10??

Comment

I know they've been working on getting this in ASAP.
              But I don't expect to know until shortly before the game's release. Looks like they're playing the cards close to the chest on this one, which is better, increases the suspense haha
              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

If it doesn't have aussie domestic cricket i'll be so dissapointed. I want to make the redbacks actually win somthin. And get Taity, Georgey and Cozzie into the test side.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                  If it doesn't have aussie domestic cricket i'll be so dissapointed. I want to make the redbacks actually win somthin. And get Taity, Georgey and Cozzie into the test side.
                  Seriously coz if aussie domestic will nt b thr it will bcome quite obvious dat how d ICC 10 will b....M frm india and m also a big fan of South Australian Redbacks.....

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
                    Seriously coz if aussie domestic will nt b thr it will bcome quite obvious dat how d ICC 10 will b....M frm india and m also a big fan of South Australian Redbacks.....
                    ? ?
                    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Wot r u confused abt????

Comment

I think Imager36 is confused about your punctuation, though I may be wrong so you could try writing normally instead of doing it like your on facebook, msn etc.

Comment

Bro its scritty whoz confused nt imager....

Comment

Yes that's it. Punctuation.

Comment

Hey, don't get me involved in this

Comment

Working...
                              X