Icc 2010 update!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dontask View Post
    can we just be promised at least a few new features as a minimum? after 10 years of nothing but stat updates and a few graphic updates, i think that its a fair request.
    if not, then its fair 2 say we should all just boycott the game
    I think we have already been assured of gameplay changes this time.
    The mods on this forum even seem quite (..quite...) excited about it, but not giving away any specifics.

I think sometime soon we may get an idea of what is new.

However, this may be delayed as you can bet your bottom dollar that the competition in the form of the rather good Cricket Coach - watch this forum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not favouring either side, or suggesting that there would be anything untoward - but neither side will want to let the cat out of the bag too early for fear of either;

Underdelivering (which may be the final straw for either sim) or...
    Being "trumped" by the other game on features or delivery

But I think it won't be long before we get an idea.

My first "real life" game of the season is only 2 and a half weeks away.

WOOOT. Come on you Flyford !!

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I doubt Cricket Coach will have another game released for this year, what with it being a one man show he doesn't do annual releases and has hinted strongly on his forum that the next one will be Cricket Coach 2011, although he didn't rule out one for this year.

Comment

Yes - I heard that.
        However, I don't rule out a renamed version of 2009 with some of the fixes that are required (spinner supremacy and quick change fields).

Shame CC is almost there as a game. It has the depth, it just needs polishing and some of the aggravation taken out of playing.

Scritty
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I have to say, having read most of the posts by Sureshot on this forum over the past half year, I think we can guess at this as a possible feature list:-
          • Australian domestic competitions (50%)
          • Sacking/Switching counties (40%)
          • Recurring World T20 and renamed Champions Trophy (95%)
          • Overhauled transfer system (95%)
          • More realistic regens (better keepers/better allrounders) (95%)

Other than that, who knows.

EDIT - Now I think about it, I feel that Mac and iPhone versions are quite likely too, but not really features.
          Last edited by Imager36; 03-29-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

What about the IPL? Imager is it not going to be in the game?

Comment

I would really doubt it, to be honest, Wobis. Sureshot and Aus have always been really cold on the matter, although I wouldn't be suprised if it is in a possible ICC2011.

Comment

i cant seem to understand y few guys r demanding more n more game modes. Infact i think d game of 09 already has aplenty..

if only all d effort is concentrated to bring 09 to a new level wid more management n strategic options, IIC 10 will be a hit. I wuld luv +ve developments on players trading, better stats management, introducion of MVC/Best allrounder etc awards.

above all.. reduction in severity of punishment on simming.

Comment

If the fans want it, then we want to give it to you. As you all know, there isn't enough time or money to get everything in. What I like about this year's feature list is that I feel we have really included some long-requested features. We'll tell you more when it gets a bit closer to release, but I think and hope you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
                    If the fans want it, then we want to give it to you. As you all know, there isn't enough time or money to get everything in. What I like about this year's feature list is that I feel we have really included some long-requested features. We'll tell you more when it gets a bit closer to release, but I think and hope you won't be disappointed.
                    I trust you and waiting 4 it to be released.
                    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                      • Australian domestic competitions (50%)
                      • Sacking/Switching counties (40%)
                      • Recurring World T20 and renamed Champions Trophy (95%)
                      • Overhauled transfer system (95%)
                      • More realistic regens (better keepers/better allrounders) (95%)
                      Hmm, I hope not. Renamed competitions and added leagues (which I wouldn't be interested in) are not really "gameplay" changes at all. they are more database changes, the actual mechanics of getting a squad together, picking a team from that squad, and then playing a match all seem pretty much unaffected by these changes.

TRansfer system needs a "fix" though, but that is more of a "fix" than an addition.

And I really hope sacking aren't compulsory. I hope you can switch them off. I want to sim till the cows come home, not have constraints on it.

PermanantSackings would seem more of a nerf for me.

Realsim options and gameplay improvements seem better
                      • Setting aggression by player not by the pitch end
                      • Placeholders for user photo's
                      • More realistic fielding differences between players
                      • Regen allrounders being worth having.
                      • Fixed transfer system that doesn't lose great players that are unaffordable
                      • Multiple transfers per season to reflect real life
                      • IPL (if we really have to have it) or a similarly named tournament (to avoid copyright issues)
                      • Players core abilities changing (bowlers slowing as they get older, spinners developing new balls, etc)
                      • Specifc control over training players. Perhaps with coaches etc.

But I'll take whatever comes, as long as it's a positive step forward.

Scritty

Comment

The IPL must be in the new game it is the biggest thing in cricket right now it makes cricket appealing to all people. it has to be in the game

Comment

I wish something can be done with the fielding thing because i see a lot of catches going down in icc 09,may be something like a fielding coach as well will prove nice.

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
                            Apologies for bugging you then aus, but any idea on timeframe for when we'll find out?

Comment

Working...
                            X