CC09 vs ICC09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC09 vs ICC09

http://www.cricketcoachgame.com/content/cc09-vs-icc09 - I just noticed that this had appeared on the CC front page... Obviously slightly biased, but it just proves that they're jealous of the more successful, tried and tested, 'we've let you buy it in the shops as well' game. This, I feel, is the main reason why ICC is slightly more successful, and also because ICC has far more realistic scores in the long-run and also has online play, something that this misses entirely.
    It is very fair.
    22.22%
    It's quite fair.
    22.22%
    It's not very fair.
    33.33%
    It's not fair at all.
    22.22%

It pains me to say it but I do think Cricket Coach is a better game this year than ICC. The main reason for thinking this is the IPL and the amount of nations you can be is incredible. ICC needs to have the IPL in the next version as this is the most exciting part of cricket at the moment. Lets be honest about it all the points raised are true cricket coach wins in nearly every department apart from online play. Come on ICC this really needs to be big effort to beat Cricket Coach this year.
    Last edited by wobis; 03-28-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Ambivolence personified.

I really can't choose.

For me it's ,about playability and realism. Control and personalization.
      The ability to personalise and add you own players, leagues and BMP's in CC is the biggest plus for me.
      However, during gameplay I find that field changes and tactical re-arrangements are really hard work in cricket coach.
      It also seems to have pre-set field positions (a lot of them i'll grant you - but they are pre-set)

Looking at other sports sims, personilsation is THE key element added year on year. FM adds more and more personal interaction, player character, imprt BMP's. design the look of the player in the 3D view.
      MLB10 lets you play as one player.
      OOTP allows you to alter just about every possible feature and function - graphic and sound throughout the whole game.

IN this respect CC is a long way ahead of ICC.

So I want to like CC more for the effort Oli has put into it.
      But I end up playing ICC more because the actual gameplay mechanics are slightly more realistic long term, and tactical changes (esspecially when bowling) are far easier to make and more transparent in operation.

So at the end of the day gameplay wins out over features.
      But if Oli changed the tactical interface so field changes and bowling plans could be changed in a simpler manner, field placing were truly "free" and some unbalanced play (with spinners in particular) are addressed -then CC would be the richer and more rewarding experience.

By the way -I'm not a fanboy. I own everything Oli has done since Michael Vaughan's Cricket - and everything Chris has done since ICC in 1998, and will buy both iterations in the coming year.

Just an opinion

Scritty
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by bails84
        but it seems the drive and effort isnt there to make the best game possible.
        Chris was shackled by publishing restrictions until 2009. We are now told that this is no longer the case. The rumours in the Autumn of 2009 was that ICC2010 would be a major leap forward in features, and not just a GUI or database update.

I think it's fair to give these guys (Chris and Oli) another shot.

If I won the lotto i'd ask both of them to get together and make an uber game, and get Dan Thomas and a few others involved as well - might even see if SI would let them use the rather fantasic SI DBMS tools and GUI.

On the other hand - competition is good. While Chris and Oli are trying to better each other there is one sure winner.

Us...

Scritty
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Working...
        X