ICC 09 problem in win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC 09 problem in win 7

i hav just installed windows 7 and whenever i run icc 09 it says "COULD NOT GET GAPS FOR DEVICE"
    What is this????

DMS issue most likely.
    Drivers are often a culprit here (back when ICC3 came out it was a sound driver issue)
    However, it might be worth checking you have the latest .NET framework installed (I might be wrong but I think it is required for play).

Good luck

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

i have .net framework 1.1
      ????

Comment

Works fine under Windows 7 here.

Comment

plz give me the solution for this problemm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solehria View Post
            plz give me the solution for this problemm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            If I knew how to help, I would.
            However, I'm not an expert on Windows.

Comment

Get your Windows 7 Driver Cd and re-install your audio drivers and it should do the trick.
              The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by Solehria View Post
                i have .net framework 1.1
                ????
                Ok, so most likely the sound drivers (as it was with ICC 3 when this error occured)
                As TM said, re-install from Win 7 CD. (or go to windows update and let it scan, it might be you have old drivers and this will fix it automatically)

Scritty
                The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

it didnt work

Comment

Make sure the company of Windows 7 and its drivers are legitimate.
                    Ensure you re-install ALL drivers, not just the Realtek Audio one, to be safe. Let the computer restart as it does this.
                    Try uninstalling and erasing all files related to ICC09, restart, and reinstall.

If it is still giving you grief, try running ICC09 in compatibility mode.

If still having issues, could be its incompatible with Win7. Although I doubt this, as this is definitely a sound/audio driver issue (It actually happened to me Thursday after a format of my computer).

If you feel you dont have the correct drivers and you have an original Win7 copy, go to the Windows site and download the latest audio drivers from there. Should help.
                    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

still doesnt work plz tell me what should i do

Comment

I am. Its the only way to make it work....to follow that procedure correctly. If it still doesnt work, it could be something wrong with your set-up/install of Win7. Did you upgrade from Vista/XP or did you do a clean install?
                        Have you played ICC before on the same computer?

Maybe someone can share some more light on whether it is in fact compatible with Win7.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

before win 7 i had xp and yes i have played ICC 09 in this computer before

Comment

Ok so you've done an upgrade of your Windows....so you're drivers would still be the original XP drivers, or have you installed the Win7 drivers?
                            Try re-installing the XP drivers to see if that does the trick.

Ah....otherwise, honestly Im out of ideas. Could be a sound compatibility issue....in which case I probably can't help unless I see what's going on. If you still got no luck, maybe time to fork out excessive amounts for a techo?

EDIT-
                            Do you play any other games, and if so do you get similar problems with the sound?
                            The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Windows Update on Win7 is excellent for Driver installation, more often that not it works. This might be a case of it not working, however.

Thanks to Scritty and TM for help with this so far, unfortunately I've not been able to get on in a week. You guys win another virtual thumbs up from me.

This error code points to two things.

Incompatible Hardware or Driver corruption/out of date.

Normally this error occurs on laptops or PC's using on-board graphics, because the on-board chipsets aren't very good and won't work with the game. It works with some on-board chipsets and doesn't with others.

The fact you've played 09 on this computer before you upgraded to Windows 7 suggests it is a driver issue, whether we can fix this depends on whether the latest drivers are available or not.

If you can click on the windows button on the toolbar and type in dxdiag in the searchbar and hit enter. When it's finished can you click save all information and then e-mail me the .txt file.

cricketcaptain@btinternet.com

Sureshot

Comment

Working...
                              X