coaching problm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coaching problm..

well we use batting techn for new batesman... n bowling for bowlers..

wht shuld i use if my player is an all rounder?

English?

Well, in all seriousness, if your allrounder does better a batting that bowling, give him bowling coaching and vice versa

Comment

It's hard.
      I remember Daley Thompson (the decathlete) saying he always prioratised training in whatever he was weakest in.

I think this works for ICC as well.

However, although the manual talks about training benefits till age 24, in practice I hardly see any benefit after age 22. So getting allrounders in their teens is vital.

Play them in seconds. Look for batting over 40 and bowling under 30.
      In seconds some players will do far better than these figures ( I have players with seconds batting of over 100 for entire seasons and other with bowling close to 10)
      The one that is furthest away from this target should be your first training priority.

I alway shave maximum training points and work hard on getting youngsters through. Always have 2 or three on technique training.
      Once England Captain I often take one on tour as a reserve and keep on technique training all year round.

Sum up.

Train in whatever is weakest.
      Train young.
      Use the England coach position once you get it, to get extra tech training for 1 for the whole winter as well (maybe 2 if you are cheeky and England are doing well)

Scritty
      Last edited by Scritty; 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM.
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
        It's hard.
        Use the England coach position once you get it, to get extra tech training for 1 for the whole winter as well (maybe 2 if you are cheeky and England are doing well)

Scritty
        hmm.. nice tip there.. i used to do tht in old icc games..

now d no. of t20s just spoils my enthu for tech training on young players. n i end up switching to practice sessions.

Comment

Working...
        X