Frequency of sixes in T20 matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency of sixes in T20 matches

It seems, at least in ICC '09 (haven't played previous editions), that T20 matches use the exact same match engine as one-day and four/five-day matches.

The problem with this is that there is a distinct lack of sixes in T20 matches. You're lucky to see three or four sixes in an entire, high-scoring T20 match, when in reality many of the great T20 innings involve more sixes than fours.

Unfortunately, it's too late for the frequency of sixes to be changed for ICC 2010, unless the devs have already fixed it.

Yeah this happens most of the time. Even people like Chris Gayle, who hit a century for me, only hit 1 six in his innings.

Comment

i read on the games facebook site that the 20 20 engine has been tweaked

Comment

For the 2010 game that is

Comment

The scores aren't that far off (though I think they could do with being increased by say 8 or 10 runs per innings on average)

Number of sixes is very low though. When I score 160+ and the opposition gets close - on a good fast pitch - I would expect an average of 5 or more sixes. I have played games with none too often.

Not a massive thing though, scores are reasonable (in fact converting a couple of 4's into 6's in each innings would put the scores right and the 6's right at the same time)

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Last year T20s were fixed to have more realistic outcomes, which I believe they got spot on. There are lots more close finishes where you need 12+ off the last over and the batting side reaches it with ease, yet you'll still sometimes see a bowler will defend a 4 run lead which also happens (occasionally) in real T20 games.

The most likely outcome of a T20 match can change on an overly (sometimes even from a ball to ball) basis. This makes it a really hard game to represent (have you played Cricket Coach? My 2nd T20 game someone got 150 and I hit close to 300). ICC09 does a good job.

Still, your probably right. I think there was about an average of 5.65 6s and 10.25 4s per innings in the last ICC World T20. ICC09 rarely reaches that number of sixes.

Comment

The balance is improved in 2010 for T20s and we've tweaked the 8th bar of batting aggression.

Comment

Sounds promising. Good on you. I can't wait for it to be released.

Comment

Still the frequency is not that good in 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X