LS/LHB Regen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS/LHB Regen.

On my game as Lancs I got to the end of a season, Keedy retired and I replaced him with Rashid. Then I found a young regen LS called Matthews, he had a good record and was quite cheap. I picked him up as a backup. It was a good job as Rashid got injured.

Now I was confused that while he was a LS he also batted LHB. I though LS in the game was right arm Leg Spin so I was wondering if I had found a player who doesn't bat with the same hand in which he bowls. However, on watching the highlights he bowls left handed. What's going on here???

I think this has been mentioned in some other thread too; but I could not find its link right now.
    As far as I know when a left hand bowler bowls leg spin, he is called left arm unarthodox spin bowler. Which is leg spin bowling but the bowling hand is left instead of right. And as there is no such term for unorthox spin bowlers in the game, so they are usually represented as LS, but from the bowling hand you can tell the difference.

Comment

Yeah, though this was the case. Not noticed anyone bring it up before I think.

Comment

However, the game describes Simon Katich as SLA, who is a 'chinaman' (ie. left-arm wrist-spinner) at least according to cricinfo.

If it is not too difficult, it seems to me important for the game to make this distinction explicitly, especially in the area of a separate fields folder. At worst, the chinaman could share fields with the off-spinner (rather than either the SLA or the leg-spinner) as the turn of their stock balls is similar.

Comment

And that's what confused me. Katich is indeed a chinaman and he is listed as SLA.

Comment

Working...
          X