X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6ry4nj
    replied
    Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
    In 2009 as Essex and Graham Napier has been called up for the World T20s. Has this happened for other people? He had been playing IPL, so I thought nothing of it at first. But then I looked at his record and saw that he hadn't played T20 internationally before - in fact he hasn't played for England full stop.

They haven't played any games yet so I don't know if they're gonna play him. I'll let you know presently.
    Okay maybe not presently as such (doesn't time fly when you're having fun! ) Now near the end of 2010 in this save. No Napier never got a game for England. Foster got 2 T20s though. This year England've been picking Cook and Bopara for everything.

David Burton - I've been going 'around the grounds' in the same save (as you do...) and I couldn't help noticing this Middlesex bowler. They had him last year, but they must've thought he was useless (as did I) cos he didn't get a single game. But they kept him on the books and, come this year, they started picking him for everything...and he's performing! Averages 25.7 in FC and 23 in List A for the (nearly completed) season, economy rates of 3.12 and 4.97 respectively.

How did they know he was going to come good, and when to start picking him?

Leave a comment:

• 6ry4nj
    replied
    Graham Napier

In 2009 as Essex and Graham Napier has been called up for the World T20s. Has this happened for other people? He had been playing IPL, so I thought nothing of it at first. But then I looked at his record and saw that he hadn't played T20 internationally before - in fact he hasn't played for England full stop.

They haven't played any games yet so I don't know if they're gonna play him. I'll let you know presently.

Now got Bopara, Foster and him away with England, ten Doeschate with Holland, and Cook and Walker out injured. In the middle of the T20s!

Leave a comment:

• Coyote
    replied
    Ben Kingsley. I had a save file (corrupted now) where he completely owned. I only had one opener in my squad, and I didn't want to waste a batsman, so I opened the batting with him. Instead of failing like any right-minded bowler, he hit 12 50s that year. In one T20 game he hit 63 from 38, then took 3.5 - 0 - 19 - 7!

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    That is pretty sick! I have three, 2 legspinners and a batter, I think leggies dominate the game to be fair. The first is Adil Rashid for Worcestershire in 2015, oh my what a player! Got at least 1000 runs in every year and at least 75 wicket p/y in FC cricket, I am not sure about the one dayers though, another is Richard Dixon in 2015 for Worcs, an opener, 65.67 in FC cricket over 40 games and an average of 56 in T20, I swear the best ever player in the game. Another is Andrew Hancock, who is the other leggie, he is 2030 with England, he has played 150 tests and took 950 wickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is unbelieveable!

Leave a comment:

• 6ry4nj
    started a topic Player Discussion

Player Discussion

On PlanetCricket they've got a stickied 'Player Discussion' thread and I thought it was such a good idea that I started one here.

I've just got my third player that I want to wonder/pontificate about publicly in a short space of time (including Richard Logan as posted previously) - so here I am!

1. Nick James. At least two of my county saves picked him up in the pre-season. Looking at his real-life stats, you can see why. He averages over 50 with the bat in first-class, and under 26 iirc with the ball in List A. Yet in real life he sat out 2009 apparently, without a club after being let go by (I think it was) Warwickshire the previous season.

He's going all right for me - he's certainly getting a few games. In my Gloucestershire save, he has established himself as a first team regular for one-dayers. In my Derbyshire save that certainly hasn't happened yet, but he has played a couple of games and looks likely to play more.

Did anyone else pick him up? How is he going/did he go for you? Frankly I'm surprised I only bought him twice! And I haven't encountered him playing for anyone else either.

2. Jonathan Trott. Okay everyone knows about him, right? Well, I don't know! Have you tried him as a bowler? My Warwickshire save have tried to ignore him and pick REAL bowlers, but he always gets a bowl in one-dayers, and is an impressive performer when he does. After 6 matches in the Challenge Trophy, he's our top wicket-taker (8 at 19)!
Working...
X