Improvements Necessary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements Necessary

I have been playing ICC in it's various forms since 1999 and the MOST disappointing thing about the game is that it has hardly changed at all.
    These are the things I would like to see implemented or eliminated:
    1. Set up a hot-key option to decide if your batsmen should take a run-I am fed-up with these suicidal and stupid run-outs over which I have no control
    2. I want to be able to customise my players-make them shorter, taller, fatter, thinner, change their hair colour/style, even change their skin colour
    3. Why isn't the money not used for new player contracts not carried over to the next season if you don't use it?
    4. It's complete nonsense that players without a contract would rather go out of the game than take considerably less than they are demanding.
    5. Get rid of the high incidence of batsman dismissals on 19, 29, 39, 49 ect (especially 39, that number is the kiss of death)
    6. The "tiredness factor" causing batsmen to get out just before a break is way overdone
    7. First class keepers don't let through this many byes as in ICC
    8. Far too many dismissals to no-balls
    9. Leg sides wides often not given in 1-day matches - in real life they are given 99.9% of the time
    10. LBW decisions need looking at - left-arm bowlers bowling over the wicket often dont even get given the plumb ones when the ball has clearly pitched in line and hitting middle - also batsmen often given out when playing at balls which have hit them outside the line of off stump
    11. There are some very curious MoM decisions
    12. Get rid of the high incidence of dropped catches that your granny wouldn't drop
    13. I can accurately predict a wicket falling before the ball is even bowled - thats wrong and suggests too great an element of the result of a match being decided beforehand and everything else that follows is just aimed at achieving that result.
    14. There are never any overthrows
    15. Players throwing at the wicket never miss it
    16. Run-outs are never achieved by throwing to the wicket-keeper or a player standing at the bowlers wicket
    I would have hoped for an even better game than this after playing for over 10 years. Not saying that ICC is not a good game-it just needs a lot of improvements to bring it up to the standard of a great game. Just take a look at how much football management games have improved in 10 years
    Last edited by johncrofts; 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM. Reason: wrong word used

Originally posted by johncrofts View Post
    I have been playing ICC in it's various forms since 1999 and the MOST disappointing thing about the game is that it has hardly changed at all.
    These are the things I would like to see implemented or eliminated:
    1. Set up a hot-key option to decide if your batsmen should take a run-I am fed-up with these suicidal and stupid run-outs over which I have no control
    2. I want to be able to customise my players-make them shorter, taller, fatter, thinner, change their hair colour/style, even change their skin colour
    3. Why isn't the money not used for new player contracts not carried over to the next season if you don't use it?
    4. It's complete nonsense that players without a contract would rather go out of the game than take considerably less than they are demanding.
    5. Get rid of the high incidence of batsman dismissals on 19, 29, 39, 49 ect (especially 39, that number is the kiss of death)
    6. The "tiredness factor" causing batsmen to get out just before a break is way overdone
    7. First class keepers don't let through this many byes as in ICC
    8. Far too many dismissals to no-balls
    9. Leg sides wides often not given in 1-day matches - in real life they are given 99.9% of the time
    10. LBW decisions need looking at - left-arm bowlers bowling over the wicket often dont even get given the plumb ones when the ball has clearly pitched in line and hitting middle - also batsmen often given out when playing at balls which have hit them outside the line of off stump
    11. There are some very curious MoM decisions
    12. Get rid of the high incidence of dropped catches that your granny wouldn't drop
    13. I can accurately predict a wicket falling before the ball is even bowled - thats wrong and suggests too great an element of the result of a match being decided beforehand and everything else that follows is just aimed at achieving that result.
    14. There are never any overthrows
    15. Players throwing at the wicket never miss it
    16. Run-outs are never achieved by throwing to the wicket-keeper or a player standing at the bowlers wicket
    I would have hoped for an even better game than this after playing for over 10 years. Not saying that ICC is not a good game-it just needs a lot of improvements to bring it up to the standard of a great game. Just take a look at how much football management games have improved in 10 years
    All valid points. Add to them the strange fact that the tean you control are the only side to suffer draws; AI controlled matches are never rained off ect. These all end up as wins for one side or the other !

Comment

Originally posted by Dobcheev View Post
      All valid points. Add to them the strange fact that the tean you control are the only side to suffer draws; AI controlled matches are never rained off ect. These all end up as wins for one side or the other !
      Other teams do draw and do have rain interrupted matches. No idea what you're on about. Also this is an old game now,

Comment

Yes a 'wicketkeeper' raating would be nice too.
        As in, how are they at conceding byes, staanding up, etc

Maybe a bit trivial compared to others

Comment

I have bought nearly every years games and they just do not change.
          They should take a leaf out of the football games and go far more stats based. I am currently playing as Surrey . In a county championship game against Derbyshire they were bowled out for 420 . Guys I have never even heard of smashing Saqlain Mustaq, Schofield , Ormond and Pedro Collins around . I mean come on this is FANTASY !! They wouldn't get it off the square !!

Why does the umpire give the batsman out when bowled ?? Have the designers ever played cricket ? Why doesn't the batsman get down the wicket to slow bowlers ? Just what is the left handed shot that looks like a front foot pull !! Why can't there be sledging ? Jonathan Agnew's commentary seems to be from ICC 2002 . UPDATE !!!!

More sliding stops in the field .
          Less accurate throws as surprise they don't all end up in the keepers hands every flipping time.
          Slower balls ???

Rant over ......

Comment

Working...
          X