"Keep Strike"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Keep Strike"

I'm just a dumb Yank that is getting into cricket. I have read the manual, but what does it mean to "KEEP STRIKE". What it says " To protect lower end batsman from the strike, click on the bat icon on the right of the panel. This will also result in fewer singles being taken.

What is the strategy behind this? Thanks for any response.

Anyone who is attempting to get into cricket is by no means a dumb Yank, in my opinion. Anyway, when 'Keep Strike' is employed, the batsman whose job it is to keep strike will attempt to continue facing the ball, trying to score in only 0s, 2s and boundaries for the first 4 balls of an over, and then try to keep the strike by getting a single off one of the last 2 balls and thereby facing the start of the next over, where the process starts again!

The reason for that tactic is that when a top order batsman is in with a lower order batsman, the top order batsman can try and keep the strike to protect the lower order, and therefore keep the innings going for longer.

If you have any more questions, just ask, I might not have explained it well.

Comment

Working...
    X