Little Pitch Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Pitch Icon

In the "Commentary" Tab on the left, there is a little icon which is a representation of the pitch (ball by ball). What does this indicate? Does it indicate where the bowler has landed the ball on the pitch? I looked in the manual and I do not see anything that would clarify this.

Secondly, What does it mean to set a "Seamers" pitch vs. a "Spinners" pitch?

Thank you for any replies.

I don't know the answer to your first question. Hopefully there was something in the manuals of the early versions, and someone will be able to enlighten us.

There are two basic types of bowlers. There are spinners, who at all times take pace off the ball in order to impart more spin, and "pacers", who generally don't...

"Seamer" in the context of your question is a synonym for "pacer" ie. non-spinner. [Seamer more precisely means a pacer who relies for wickets predominantly on deviation off the seam of the ball when it hits the pitch and who bowls to maximize the chance of this].

In the game there are two scales which control how favourable the pitch is to pace and spin. A "seamer's" pitch starts out more favourable to pacers than normal. A spinner's pitch starts out more favourable than usual to spinners.

You will notice that all wickets become more favourable to bowlers over the four/five days of a match. This is why teams generally expect to make less runs batting last, and usually bat if they win the toss.

Comment

Sometimes on cloudy days even with good quality pitches, batting collapses happen.... so its not necessarily a bad thing to lose the toss

Comment

Originally posted by nicedoggy274 View Post
        Sometimes on cloudy days even with good quality pitches, batting collapses happen.... so its not necessarily a bad thing to lose the toss
        yes some times happend like as this
        Last edited by amzee95; 12-01-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X