No announcement yet.

age retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the beauty of the game though, not knowing when someone will retire, just like in real life. It can vary from 31 to 42ish.

The less predictable, the better the challenge and how you recover from it.

The vanishing players thing I believe will be rectified for 09
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Sorry then, have to completely disagree with this. I've never had a 41 year old playing in any ICC game (and I've simmed hundreds of years) in real life there are a few..in ICC none. [/QUOTE]

Well in ICC 2009 in Andy Caddick's last month or
      2 he was 41
      To be honest as long as they still play well I don't care about there age
      in fact if a younger players was having really bad scores for ages i'd want him to retire but if a 50 year could stilll hit centries i wouldn't care that he was there 50

Comment

There are examples not only in english county but Darren Leihman 39 played for South Australia before he retired, Matt Hayden 38 Queensland, Sunil Joshi 40 India though generally Aussies retire early than poms(bigger competions I guess)

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
          That's the beauty of the game though, not knowing when someone will retire, just like in real life. It can vary from 31 to 42ish.
          Most players, however, usually give you a bit of a heads up that they are going to Retire IRL, especially if they are an established/popular player. It'd be nice to try to convince them to stay, or to have a season to prepare for their departure.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Jayasuria is 40 and he is still playing... i totally disagree

Comment

i once had a player in his 50s

Comment

If you desperately don't want a player to retire, simply keep a couple of copies of the save. He may retire in one but not in others. I had two copies of my Essex save at the end of 2009. In one Grant Flower retired (at 38) - in the other both my 38-year-olds stayed on, but Mark Hardinges retired at about 31. Mark Ramprakash, however, at 40, was released by Surrey and picked up by someone, so he's still playing.

Of course at some stage, probably in the early 40s, I would imagine retirement becomes almost a certainty.

If you desperately want a player to retire but they haven't, you already have the ability to release them from their contract. But I find you have to do it in the very first phase of contract negotiation ie. when you're negotiating with players whose contracts have expired.

PS: Relevant trivia: don't know who holds the record for the oldest, but Geoff Boycott was still playing first-class at 45 (real-life, this is).
                Last edited by 6ry4nj; 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Wilfred Rhodes was still playing at 50, and bloody well too by the look of his statistics.

Comment

Working...
                  X