Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICC 2009 Patch (Opening Post updated)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Did you uninstall the game, and then download the new one? As your wording suggests the other way around. Yes, it should be upgrade existing software. The game should remember your code from your registry and it's a simple upgrade. Let me know what Softwrap say.
    Yeah actually I did download the new one, and then uninstall the old one.

    Just woke up and checked my e-mail, no response from Softwrap, but 3 e-mails from Childish Things plugging ICC2009. Lol.

    I'll re-install the original version, delete my existing my download, uninstall the original and then download the upgrade again and I'll give it a go
    The Cult Of Personality

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      Still having problems have been unable to get the new patch

      Has anyone else with Vista had the same problem ?
      Yeah I have, but mine is more about getting the license to upgrade to. Are you still d/l the old version of ICC? If you are, are you download paths the same for both? Try another computer or internet connection.
      The Cult Of Personality

      Comment


      • #33
        I've just downloaded the upgrade again (I uninstalled the original version first) and still having the same problem. When I fill out Activate New License and press next, the Activation Code turns Red, probably to indicate an error.

        Still awaiting a response from Softwrap
        The Cult Of Personality

        Comment


        • #34
          Database change and saved game

          I upgraded to version 9.10. However, when I load my saved game, I do not see the database changes - for eg. Lee Hodgson from Yorkshire is still a middle-order bat whereas he should be an opener in the new version. Does this mean previously saved games will not reflect the database updates?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
            I've just downloaded the upgrade again (I uninstalled the original version first) and still having the same problem. When I fill out Activate New License and press next, the Activation Code turns Red, probably to indicate an error.

            Still awaiting a response from Softwrap
            Downloaded it using firefox and it comes up with this


            Cricket Captain 2009 9.10
            Childish Things
            Upgrade Price GBP� 0.00 (RRP GBP �17.99)



            By clicking on 'Next' you are agreeing to the End-User Terms and Conditions on the Softwrap web site:
            http://www.softwrap.com/EULA

            then clicked "upgrade excisting licence" and now have the 9.10 version !!
            Last edited by Rangersw12; 07-11-2009, 11:19 AM. Reason: Clicked Next

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Lanceknight View Post
              I upgraded to version 9.10. However, when I load my saved game, I do not see the database changes - for eg. Lee Hodgson from Yorkshire is still a middle-order bat whereas he should be an opener in the new version. Does this mean previously saved games will not reflect the database updates?
              No they won't. Because you have a version of the database in your save file already, and the patch won't change those versions. It just changes the version of the database that is loaded when a new save file is created

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                Downloaded it using firefox and it comes up with this


                Cricket Captain 2009 9.10
                Childish Things
                Upgrade Price GBP� 0.00 (RRP GBP �17.99)



                By clicking on 'Next' you are agreeing to the End-User Terms and Conditions on the Softwrap web site:
                http://www.softwrap.com/EULA

                then clicked "upgrade excisting licence" and now have the 9.10 version !!
                Yeah I use Firefox
                I dunno what I've done, and I don't want to try again, because my 2-day trial is over, and if I close the game I won't be able to play the patch version until Softwrap gets back to me.
                The Cult Of Personality

                Comment


                • #38
                  What am I missing?

                  I've uninstalled the old game , downloaded the one run it & then what, where am I supposed to press "upgrade existing licence" is it in the game, on the website I cant find it anywhere

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                    No they won't. Because you have a version of the database in your save file already, and the patch won't change those versions. It just changes the version of the database that is loaded when a new save file is created
                    Added to the fact that Lee Hodgson wasn't mentioned in the database thread and thus won't be changed with a new game.

                    Ando - When you run the new version (9.10) it should prompt you via a Softwrap menu. Where it will say Upgrade Existing license.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                      Did you uninstall the game, and then download the new one? As your wording suggests the other way around. Yes, it should be upgrade existing software. The game should remember your code from your registry and it's a simple upgrade. Let me know what Softwrap say.
                      I got a response from Softwrap:
                      Hi there,

                      Thank you for the email.

                      You will be pleased to know that we have added re-installations to your
                      account. Kindly proceed to activate the software as per normal under
                      'Reinstall Existing License'.

                      Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact Softwrap
                      Support desk at support@softwrap.com

                      Kindest regards,

                      Softwrap Support.


                      Funny thing, I exited ICC2009 on my computer (I left it open and computer on sleep) and when I re-entered, I wasn't prompted to do anything. It just opened as normal in V9.10.
                      I had to re-activate the license on my laptop though.

                      All good though now
                      The Cult Of Personality

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Glad that's sorted.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I bought the game online from your website, if i uninstall it how do i get it back without buying it again online.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hello all, and I wish to welcome myself to the site! The 1st post, not a happy one, it must be said... This new patch is not likeing my licence key! I followed the right steps for download, etc... But, it just won't have it!

                            I have e-mailed 'support' nonetheless, and I will show my message below:

                            Hi there, I purchased the game on the 5th July 2009, and that automatically registered the licence key on my computer. A few days later, I then installed the game on my laptop too using the same existing licence (which I believe I am entitled to do so). Today, I hear about the new patch coming out, and you guys tell me to UNINSTALL my current version, and download the newer version. I did as instructed but when I go to enter in my licence, it tells me that I have already used and applied my licence key. I feel let down as a result of downloading a new copy which I cannot make use of, but furthermore my old copy has been fully discarded and now I am left with nothing. I do hope there is a solution to the problem, as I was happy by just keeping version 9.06 of the game! I feel this has a lot to do with applying the licence key to the copy on the laptop as well as the one on my current computer, but surely I am entitled to do this?

                            Anyone had this experience... yet? Oh I just want the old version back now I was well happy with that as well! But I'm sure the guys can sort it out... Just because I have installed and played it on ma laptop CANNOT mean I can't download the newer patch on my computer (the initial place where I downloaded the game!)

                            Any ideas??? If not then I'm sure the guys at 'support' will offer a solution and resolve this nightmare!

                            Thanks! and... the forum is great! HELLO ALL!
                            Who has a test average of 21.64 after 124 matches?

                            It can only be Glenn McGrath...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bargota View Post
                              Hello all, and I wish to welcome myself to the site! The 1st post, not a happy one, it must be said... This new patch is not likeing my licence key! I followed the right steps for download, etc... But, it just won't have it!

                              I have e-mailed 'support' nonetheless, and I will show my message below:

                              Hi there, I purchased the game on the 5th July 2009, and that automatically registered the licence key on my computer. A few days later, I then installed the game on my laptop too using the same existing licence (which I believe I am entitled to do so). Today, I hear about the new patch coming out, and you guys tell me to UNINSTALL my current version, and download the newer version. I did as instructed but when I go to enter in my licence, it tells me that I have already used and applied my licence key. I feel let down as a result of downloading a new copy which I cannot make use of, but furthermore my old copy has been fully discarded and now I am left with nothing. I do hope there is a solution to the problem, as I was happy by just keeping version 9.06 of the game! I feel this has a lot to do with applying the licence key to the copy on the laptop as well as the one on my current computer, but surely I am entitled to do this?

                              Anyone had this experience... yet? Oh I just want the old version back now I was well happy with that as well! But I'm sure the guys can sort it out... Just because I have installed and played it on ma laptop CANNOT mean I can't download the newer patch on my computer (the initial place where I downloaded the game!)

                              Any ideas??? If not then I'm sure the guys at 'support' will offer a solution and resolve this nightmare!

                              Thanks! and... the forum is great! HELLO ALL!

                              Yeah mate I had the exact same problem, I e-mailed Softwrap and they added more licenses to my account. I believe the problem only exists when you have already used up your 2 licenses.

                              Maybe its something we can have looked at before the next patch is released, so we don't have to go through it again?
                              The Cult Of Personality

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Stingrey93 View Post
                                I bought the game online from your website, if i uninstall it how do i get it back without buying it again online.
                                Softwrap and your computer will work together to remember your license key. Just re-install 9.10 on the same computer and it will work, unless you have done the same as the guys just above this post.

                                -----


                                Re: 2nd installations. Yes, this problem has been noted and we are in discussions with Softwrap over this, though the next patch shouldn't involve the same process as 9.10 did. I can only offer my apologies on this, but rest assured the problem won't affect your ability to play the game as long as you contact Softwrap about it who can issue you another install.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X