This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeilUK02 View Post
    I can't play either, mine was a clean install but the code says its already in use. The email I got said there would be "an update licence" option, but the only option was Re-install existing licence which gives the error.
    You need to e-mail Softwrap and advise them of this, and they will add licenses onto your account.
    What happens is when we first purchased it, we were given two licenses. One for the original and then the other one would have been used for the first patch.
    If like me, you installed on the computer and a laptop, you would need to email them for each patch.

It is very inconvenient, but I believe Sureshot has advised they are looking into a more smoother transition for the next release (ICC2010 not the patch).
    The Cult Of Personality

Comment

It really is a pathetic serves.. the idea of the online buying and downloads was to save time, and provide a more productive service.. i accept a few things can go wrong but this is getting ridicules.. usually when they haven't learnt from there mistakes.

i have no idea about the history or softwrap but they wont last long as a business of they keep up this crappy workmanship and serves its not productive and i will not be using them again!!! If i ran my business in such away id be gone in no time.

Have they even apologies too anyone for the balls up? i doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meph. View Post
        It really is a pathetic serves.. the idea of the online buying and downloads was to save time, and provide a more productive service.. i accept a few things can go wrong but this is getting ridicules.. usually when they haven't learnt from there mistakes.

i have no idea about the history or softwrap but they wont last long as a business of they keep up this crappy workmanship and serves its not productive and i will not be using them again!!! If i ran my business in such away id be gone in no time.

Have they even apologies too anyone for the balls up? i doubt it.
        meph... its not the most desirable service.. however i don't feel threatened of malice and cheat, as many people who faced same problems did get replies .. It definetely is very irritating. my game is stuck on a follow-on i enforced on friday morning, and can now only continue once softwrap actions on my e-mail

Comment

The problem of having to un-install and then re-install the game to get the 9.10 patch, wasn't caused by Softwrap. We'd made an error which rendered the patch engine useless, though it now works from 9.10/9.12.

I think this was an area which maybe didn't get the attention it deserved due to what happened with Empire, I know I've said this before and I really hope it doesn't come across as an excuse, I can't put in to words how hectic the last 6 weeks or so have been. We never want to compromise stability in the face of trying to release on time, but the error made, was so small and daft, yet it has caused a lot of problems for you and us. For that I apologise on behalf of the whole team.

Next year we will be better organised. We are already implementing a system for next year, and we are determined to give you confidence in using the download system next year. I know Chris has stated that the patch engine itself isn't the best and we are looking to update this for next year as it has some issues with Vista, though I understand works fine in the RC of Windows 7!

Once more, apologies for the inconveniences caused through patching this year, but please, never feel it is through malice from us or Softwrap and that we will deal with any problems and if you need more installs set on to your account, that shall be done. We will certainly never expect you to buy the game again.

Comment

I had no problems withe the first path install.. worked a treat its was the second one.
            D/l and installed ok but now i can't get into the game it takes me into the payment screen and tell me my code it already activated.. anyway the issues it being looked it i've not no trouble in softwrap responding they gotten back quickly and hopefully things will have worked out during the week.

Just got alittle cheesed off as i was really enjoying myself.. LOL made worse because it was a weekend and i wanted to put my feet up this Sunday afternoon :P
            I get the impression the last few weeks were a bit of a rush job to get things done and the 'fans' adding extra pressure to get the game out so things sure will go wrong.

But as i say hopefully all is alright and now i don't have time to play for a few days due to work and other commitments so better time than any to sort it all.

Comment

Can we expect any new patch in coming days?

Comment

9.12 to 9.13

If i was to downloaD 9.12 THEN CPOULD I UPGRADE IT TO 9.13???????????

Comment

There is no difference in gameplay between 9.12 and 9.13. 9.13 is the boxed version, and 9.12 is the download.

Comment

Chris rodgers

On version 9.12n Chris Rodgers is away on international duty straight away and never returtns for the whole season
                    He shouldn't ever be away on international duty in the first place#

Comment

Yes found that for Rodgers too.

Comment

Originally posted by DerbyshirePhantoms View Post
                        On version 9.12n Chris Rodgers is away on international duty straight away and never returtns for the whole season
                        He shouldn't ever be away on international duty in the first place#
                        It tends to be that the overseas players are away for the first four weeks in the 'overseas league'.

Did you check whether he was selected in the Australian squad? If he was, then that would explain why he was away for the whole season. I guess it would be hard to check if he didn't play a game, but it is a possibility.
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                          It tends to be that the overseas players are away for the first four weeks in the 'overseas league'.

Did you check whether he was selected in the Australian squad? If he was, then that would explain why he was away for the whole season. I guess it would be hard to check if he didn't play a game, but it is a possibility.
                          He isn't part of an overseas league, nor is he selected for Australia, his name is simply grayed out in the Derbyshire Team list and he plays no games at all (this is in the first season of the game at least)

Comment

I had the same problem. It was really frustrating.

Comment

Unspecified overseas league is the IPL. While the tournament is not playable in the game, we tried to get all IPL players to be ineligible when they usually would be.

Comment

Chris Rogers is away for the entire season however

Comment

Working...
                                X