X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICC 2009 Patch (Opening Post updated)

The patch is now available to download.

Instructions:

A new version of International Cricket Captain 2009 has been released. You will need to uninstall the current version first by clicking:

start->all programs->Childish Things->International Cricket Captain 2009->Uninstall.

Then download and install the new version from the downloads page.

Once the game has been installed and run - you can access it by pressing "upgrade existing licence".

If you had not yet purchased 9.06, you can buy version 9.10 by following the instructions when you run the game.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

It will keep your save games as long as you follow the above process.

List of fixes for version 9.10
    Database update, including player styles, preferences and added players
    Power play added to Challenge Trophy
    County Championship bonus points end at over 120
    County Championship and Test matches session times and lengths updated
    First initial of players on scorecards changed to commonly used name
    Two player mode: continue button at end of innings added
    Mouse fixed when running in windowed mode with desktop resolution of 1024x768
    Player salary figures updated in squad view
    Player run-rate graph updated
    New Zealand team rating on team select screen added
    Error in over economy for generated bowling innings
    Pakistan world cup squad selection updated
    Fix for Challenge trophy quarter final being automatically played for some teams
    Field setting not re-set after power play taken

Patch 9.12

If you have version 9.10 (first patch), you can simply install this through going to the internet game.

If you have version 9.06 (which is the initial version) you will have to uninstall and re-install the game. The link in the top of the forum is to 9.12, as are all the other ICC 2009 AE links. The above instructions for un-installing and re-installing will work for this, too.

9.12 version fixes
    Database update, fixing player types and preferences
    Players losing form, particularly while playing in overseas tournaments
    Bowlers bowling too may overs in overseas tournaments

Any questions, please ask.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-16-2009, 06:53 PM.

So if we already have the game, we need to uninstall and then re-install? Will our saved games be lost?

Comment

what if u decide to buy a boxed version? will this already have the updated patch within it?

Comment

Originally posted by ICClover View Post
        So if we already have the game, we need to uninstall and then re-install? Will our saved games be lost?
        As long as you follow the instructions, your save games will be there when you load up the patched game.

The boxed version will be patched.

Comment

When I press activate existing software why does it prompt me to enter my credit card details?

Comment

Try the Upgrade Existing License option. Bare in mind, I've not used Softwrap for a while so am not too familiar with it. Try contacting support@softwrap.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              Try the Upgrade Existing License option. Bare in mind, I've not used Softwrap for a while so am not too familiar with it. Try contacting support@softwrap.com
              I did that and its working fine. I must congratulate the team on this update. The game is now far more realistic. I started a new game as Derbyshire, and won my first game at Chelmsford by an innings

Because I had to reinstall the game, should this update affect my other saved games?

Comment

Does the patch work on saved games too or should i start again?

By the way great work on getting a patch out so quickly!!!!

Thanks
                Last edited by Rommers; 07-09-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

jus out of interest cud sme1 jus check if the new patch has got asif init

Comment

Originally posted by Spinninggenius View Post
                    I did that and its working fine. I must congratulate the team on this update. The game is now far more realistic. I started a new game as Derbyshire, and won my first game at Chelmsford by an innings

Because I had to reinstall the game, should this update affect my other saved games?
                    All your save games will be there and will work with the patch like a new game would.

Mohammad Asif is in the game.

Comment

So the InternationalCricketCaptain2009.exe is the new version then?

Comment

It is indeed, you won't find an older version than the patch (9.10) on here.

Comment

Ok cheers for that

Comment

How do you uninstall the program on Vista while keeping the license intact? The instructions in the first post appear to be for XP, and while I am able to uninstall the program via Control Panel, I'd like to be sure that that my license will still apply to the computer if I do it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                              The patch is now available to download.

Instructions:

A new version of International Cricket Captain 2009 has been released. You will need to uninstall the current version first by clicking:

start->all programs->Childish Things->International Cricket Captain 2009->Uninstall.

Then download and install the new version from the downloads page.

Once the game has been installed and run - you can access it by pressing "upgrade existing licence".

If you had not yet purchased 9.06, you can buy version 9.10 by following the instructions when you run the game.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

It will keep your save games as long as you follow the above process.

Dont know if I'm being stupid but I have just uninstalled the game and downloaded using the link above but when I went to start the game it just loaded as normal in version 9.06

Where is the "upgrade existing licence" bit ??

Cheers in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X