This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks str

However, even my first save is at times not working correctly. I can't really play any form of career mode on this game now because I have no security in that my hard work will actually save. I tried to follow your method, but after 4 hours, my first save of the county season was corrupted and I lost everything again.

Any fix or anyone know of a reason for this?

Comment

• Welcome chenyan

This error normally occurs when your PC restarts while playing . I had loose hard disk cable . My PC used to restart after 3 or 4 hours .

I changed the cable and now I don't have this problem anymore .

Don't scan your PC when you playing career mode . Sometimes it freezes the game and your save will crash .

If you want you can update your back-up file after every 4 day match .

Reinstall the game if you still have problems .

NEVER INSTALL THE GAME IN C:\(WHERE WINDOWS IS INSTALLED) .

Comment

• nothing too important but in my game, it has prior down as having a batting strike rate of 400% in ODI's this season, but i can remember in the game that he played, he hit a 4 first ball and then got out

Comment

• Was he run-out? if he was the non-striker and got run-out, he'd have a S/R of 400%.

Comment

• no he was caught at mid off if i remember correctly but he defiantely wasn't run out

Comment

• I'm getting an error trying to load a save game I've had going for while. It says "Unrecognised File Format". I went in to the 'saves' folder and the file extensions appear ok , i.e, .cap and .cbk. Any help woul dbe appreciated.

Comment

• i'm playing on auto and for highlights only to come on if there are chances/wickets. however, it has gone to highlights every time pietersen has hit a boundary but it hasn't done this for any other batter

Comment

• Originally posted by mosto View Post
                  I'm getting an error trying to load a save game I've had going for while. It says "Unrecognised File Format". I went in to the 'saves' folder and the file extensions appear ok , i.e, .cap and .cbk. Any help woul dbe appreciated.
                  Try moving the .cap file somewhere else then change the .cbk to the cap file then load again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxslow View Post
                    Try moving the .cap file somewhere else then change the .cbk to the cap file then load again.
                    Thanks Oxslow, worked perfectly!

Comment

• Glad it all worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                        I think that it's a bit too difficult to score runs off opposing spinners in international ODIs.

Yes, but this works both ways. I always have 2 spinners in any OD or ODI team.

Goes back to ICC2002 where I would have one full time seamer and 3 spinners in most FC and tests. A part timer (not even a recognised allrounder) would often take 6 overs with defensive fieds up front just to take the shine off the ball, then not bowl again till a second new ball was due.

Spinners need to be calmed down in all forms of the game.

Mind you in "real" village cricket, it's always spinners who take a shed-load of wickets. Inexperienced batsmen just lose their heads when the ball comes slowly at them, walk over it, miss it, and stare at where they want the shot to go rather than the ball (yer old "head up sloggin' ")

Back to ICC2009, one issue I've found is that they suddenly lose effectiveness in the fourth innings. I can't remember how many games a side has succesfully batted out for a draw for 4 or more sessions.

A pitch that was taking wickets 2 or 3 a session, suddenly a number 7 and 9 can put together a 140 run partnership in 400 balls.

This happens (for and against) a bit too often in ICC 2009

Scritty
                        Last edited by Scritty; 04-08-2010, 12:29 AM.
                        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scritty View Post
                          Yes, but this works both ways. I always have 2 spinners in any OD or ODI team.

Goes back to ICC2002 where I would have one full time seamer and 3 spinners in most FC and tests. A part timer (not even a recognised allrounder) would often take 6 overs with defensive fieds up front just to take the shine off the ball, then not bowl again till a second new ball was due.

Spinners need to be calmed down in all forms of the game.

Mind you in "real" village cricket, it's always spinners who take a shed-load of wickets. Inexperienced batsmen just lose their heads when the ball comes slowly at them, walk over it, miss it, and stare at where they want the shot to go rather than the ball (yer old "head up sloggin' ")

Back to ICC2009, one issue I've found is that they suddenly lose effectiveness in the fourth innings. I can't remember how many games a side has succesfully batted out for a draw for 4 or more sessions.

A pitch that was taking wickets 2 or 3 a session, suddenly a number 7 and 9 can put together a 140 run partnership in 400 balls.

This happens (for and against) a bit too often in ICC 2009

Scritty
                          I agree with this as my spinner generally does better when the pitch isn't conducive to spin. My spinner is a gun. For Aus he's taken almost 500 at 21 which I think is a bit too good and he's 29 so will probably eclipse Warney.

Comment

• I just found that David Hemp was still in my database, despite not having a team, being 48 and also not playing for at least 3 years
                            I'm in the year 2018 by the way
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yorks View Post
                              I just found that David Hemp was still in my database, despite not having a team, being 48 and also not playing for at least 3 years
                              I'm in the year 2018 by the way
                              Haha he should take a hint.

Comment

• i download the game but both team play himself i cannot press the button to play any shot.what is this any body tell me?i am very thankful and tell how to play online?

Comment

Working...
                                X