South Africa Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa Story

I have been reading stories on here and have decided to do my own. I don't think anyone has done a South Africa one so here we go. My first tour is Australia and here is my first squad.

I have gone for quite an experienced squad with Tsotsobe the only player who has yet to play a test match. So the ODI Series to start us off. My first XI for the first ODI is:

G Smith
    H Amla
    J Duminy
    AB De Villiers
    J Kallis
    A Prince
    M Boucher
    J Botha
    D Steyn
    M Ntini
    L Tsotsobe

I won the toss and as it was a batting track with a fast outfield, I decided to bat. Smith and Amla scored an opening partnership of 54 with Amla getting out for 28. Duminy fell quickly but Smith and De Villiers put in a wealthy partnership of 127. We then lost a couple of quick wickets and Prince smashed 35 off 34 balls to give South Africa a reasonable total of 275-7.

Now all I had to do was bowl consistently. It started perfectly with Steyn dismissing Hughes in the 9th over. Ntini and Tsotsobe then took a wicket each. It looked like it was going our way but then Ponting and Clarke smashed a winning partnership of 185 with Ponting on 118* and Clarke on 95*.

Man of the Match - Ponting
    SA Man of the Match - Smith
    Other Notable Mentions - De Villiers, Prince, Steyn

Comment

I have decided to stop this story as I have continued the game and it seems pointless for me to print screen every scorecard and then comment on it. I enjoy reading them but it isn't for me as I do not have the patience. Lol.

Comment

Still u had done gud work m8.

Comment

thats ok there many stories going
          thats the bottomline bcoz stone cold said so

Comment

i lost interest in playing with SA , as Parnells not a good bowler in the game

Comment

Try Playin O. Humphires and C De Villiers..... dey r pretty good... also s. liebish is good

Comment

Yousuf Abdulla is also a good bowler, also look at using van der Merwe as a spin option is Johan Botha isn't taking wicket, also Morne & Albie Morkel in ODI matches are real good.

I have found Ntini to be basically usless, so replaced him with Tsotsobe who isn't bad at all, Kevin Pieterson is his bunny, lovin' it!

Comment

Working...
                X