Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2d versus 3d

Hi

Quick question before I explain myself a bit - is it possible to switch back to a 2d approach in this game?

I've been playing ICC since its first inception in 1998 - totally addictive. Trouble is - I absolutely hate the 3d interface that came in with the last edition. I like the captaincy / management side of the game so watching fast bowlers come in off two or three paces does nothing for me.

Another quick question. Again in the last incarnation (ICC3 I think it was) I couldn't swap the mouse buttons over. That is to say I'm left handed so have swapped my primary and secondary buttons over. The game seemed to ignore this and (even worse) if I alt-tab back to Windows, then it's lost my entire theme (Colours, font sizes etc). Surely there's a way around this - it wasn't a problem with previous versions.

Cheers
    Rob

As regards 2D I'm totally with you, I hate the 3d graphics, and would rather have the old lot anyday

I'm aware that opnion is divided so it would be good to have both on there and be able to chose between them yourself

Comment

Yes,3d graphics were completely unnecessary....given that icc is a management game...the should have worked on other features.

Comment

I like the 3d, and when I went back to ICC05 a few weeks back, I really couldn't cope and switched back right away. An option to change would be good but not really worth the effort, you can turn the highlights off, no?

Comment

Don't know if it's feasible to have both options in the game, does increase the work load for start! When the 3D first came in, I didn't really like it that much (I didn't work for Chris until 2008 came out), so much so that I didn't buy ICC III, along with others, I loved my 2005 Ashes Edition for starters! When I first started using it with my Essex save on 2008, I realised how useful it is. Now in 2009 it is a fundamental part of helping me strengthen my players, or identify their weakness.

Most modern sports management games now have 3D engines, like with FM, I initially didn't like it, but then started utilising it, and now couldn't go back 2D!

But that's just me, I know many people don't use either 2D or 3D, and would just use text commentary. I will certainly ask Chris if we can have an option of both, I can't say anything other than that though.

Interestingly, I was looking at our 2008 and 2009 trailers a couple of weeks back. The 2009 3D looks so much smoother than 2008 was! Have a look yourself, the difference is very noticeable, well done to Chris and Andy on the big improvement there.

Comment

Yes the change is very noticeable and a value add to the game... i would love for the graphics to stay the way they are right now... 3D all the way... the amount of detail captured in this version is very impressive and i just love the game... the best version so far by a longshot

Comment

Graphics needs to be much more improved.

Comment

If you can get the 3d perfect it looks fantastic but otherwise stick to 2d

Comment

Originally posted by hazzac View Post
                  If you can get the 3d perfect it looks fantastic but otherwise stick to 2d
                  But how are they going to get the 3D perfect without testing it in the gaming environment, and relying on feedback on what needs to be improved from the user-point-of-view and not just the developers?
                  The Cult Of Personality

Comment

I prefer 3D, but the shot animations need work. Backfoot shots look awkward, leg glance doesn't happen enough, footwork and play against spin isn't realistic. It looks pretty clunky but I can live with it if the management aspect is improved.
                    Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

I (vaguely) remember liking the 09 graphics a lot better than the 06 ones when I first saw them. I don't particularly want to go back to where all the players are Michelin men and the entire England team are cloned hippies with ginger hair and what looks like matching beards.

But, and there are two big buts...

1. I find it very difficult to follow the ball any more. In 06, there was a spot on the ground which followed the ball's trajectory ie. travelled in a straight line so you could see where the ball was headed - which boundary or fieldsman it was heading for. In 09, the ball has a 'real' shadow, which travels in a 'real' arc depending on the time of day or whatever. I regularly give up in despair after watching a boundary (sixes doubly so), without being able to tell which boundary the ball went to. Also, I don't claim my computer's graphics hardware is state-of-the-art, but the camera stops and starts when following a ball especially to the straight boundaries, so the movement of the ball on the screen is erratic and even harder to follow.

And this ties in to my next and far more important point.

2. In 06 we had slow-motion and freeze-frame. I'm really happy for you that the company funded you a great new highlights module, but it was NOT WORTH losing slow-mo and freeze-frame. I need them back. If I had slow-mo and freeze-frame, I wouldn't care how jerkily the camera panned or how undetectable the ball was.

Comment

Working...
                      X