I Can't update the patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can't update the patch

It is so frustrating, everytime when it gets to 100% and i click ok, it just doesnt work so i go out back into windows and it says in a box. installation problem. the update file required to update iCC could not be found.

Please can someone help me ive tried disabling my anti virus and such things and tried uninstalling and it still doesnt work..

i have kaspersky anti virus and i thought i have done everything to allow the icc to work without interference..

HELP would be so appreciated. Thanks Nile.

Why dont you download latest version 18 of ICC 2010 so need of update required
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

i sorted it out, ran the game as administrator and it worked.

Comment

how did you do that because i had the same problem?

Comment

If you right click on the game shortcut and select Run As Administrator.

Even if your account is the only one on the PC I recommend using the above option. Windows can be a bit weird and not as logical as you think it is.

Hoping to make patching support easier in 2011.

Comment

another patch problem

Ive done everything they have said to do, re-install the game, turn off firewalls & anti virus & spy-ware programs, and run as an administrator. but it still doesn't work. It did what NILET said happened. Hope someone can help again? Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi bluey,

Have you got the Australian CD version?

Comment

I am in Australia but i think i purchased the CD version on eBay, from the UK.

Comment

There is an issue patching the CD version of ICC. If you have the UK version simply uninstall and reinstall from CD and then patch and it will work. The Australian version is a later version and that currently doesn't patch. A corrected patch should be available within the hour that will work with both UK and Australian releases without any need to uninstall and reinstall.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I didn't have an Australian CD release to test but bought one today.

Daniel.

Comment

Updated patch now on server that fixes issues updating Australian CD and removes need to reinstall UK CD first.

If you are still having problems patching then disable virus scanners (especially Norton) and run the program as administrator.

Daniel.

Comment

Sorry updating the patch, still not working, think i will give up & wait for ICC 2011.

Comment

Hmm. Have you un-installed (from the control panel, not just deleting the game) and re-installed since Dan posted the messages on the 10th?

What Operating System you on?

As we fixed any potential issues from our end, the problem must be with your machine somewhere.

What Anti-Virus/Firewall do you use?

Comment

Yes i have uninstalled from the control panel. I'm using Windows 7 & the only Anti-Virus/Firewall I'm using is Microsoft Security Essentials/ Windows Firewall. And i turned them both off when i downloaded the patch.

Comment

What file path have you installed to? If it's not default, that might be causing the problem.

Can you e-mail us through the support, I think the problem may be resolved if I can send you the patch exe.

Comment

Working...
                            X