New version problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version problems

I have been playing as England in the normal game for several seasons and am alarmed to see that Morne Morkel and Dale Steyn are NEVER reselected for South Africa by the AI after the 2010 20/20 world cup.

For a sim to be realistic, I would expect the best opening bowling pair in the world to feature somewhat.

Could this be sorted?!

All I can say is that those two have been a constant presence in S African starting XI's in my international game which is now into it's 4th year.

Does this go as far as not even being selected in squads or is it just the starting XI?? Not sure about MM but it would be very odd for DS not to be selected for that length of time by the AI.

Comment

I often scratch my head at who gets picked by the AI, and who doesn't...
      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Don't know about squad as I am playing for England. Neither have played a test match in my game and have been going a while!

Comment

its have to do with there ratings, zondeki and pienaar have better than both of them. i usually see them in test matches not so much one dayers. even tsotsobe i see is rated better.

Comment

Well, after reading this thread, I've looked at my recent save with patch 10.20/21 where I've simmed 3 English-seasons today itself & I see that both Steyn & Morkel have played 8 Tests in 2010-11, 9 in 2011-12 & 5 till the end of English-season in 2012 so it seems both have been a constant presence in SA-side; even El_Zigi's experience seems to concur.

I've also looked up the names in Mully2010's post - Zondeki -678, O Pienaar - 722, Tsotsobe - 682 while Steyn & Morkel are comfortably better at 600 & 648 respectively so no reason for these guys to get selected ahead of Steyn & Morkel.
            Last edited by enigma; 03-14-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Shame this game has such a shoddy database. Was looking forward to attempting to survive against Morkel and Steyn but am sad they are not good enough to make the squad!

In real life they are the ultimate opening bowling pair to defeat!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrews View Post
                Shame this game has such a shoddy database. Was looking forward to attempting to survive against Morkel and Steyn but am sad they are not good enough to make the squad!

In real life they are the ultimate opening bowling pair to defeat!
                Well, the bowlers mentioned above DON'T have a better rating than Steyn & Morkel.

Could you mention who are the guys who have replaced Steyn & Morkel & could you possibly attach your save-file? May be I'll've a look at their ratings.

Comment

enigma is right they don't have better rating than morkel and steyn i was actually looking at icc 2009 at the time where they do have a higher rating especially gerber and tsotsobe.
                  In 2010 however their ratings are better well the same really it just the others ratings were fixed to be more realistic.

Comment

How do you find out what their ratings are? Is there an editor?

Comment

Working...
                    X