X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzeala...ry/520687.html

Vettori semi-retires from ODIS and T20s
    What do people want us to do with this? Sounds like he will come back for shorter stuff, but obviously if we program him to be retired from short stuff, it's not dynamic so he won't be able to play it again in the future.

Likewise, Matt Mason has played some cricket for Worcs this season, so I'm in a bit of two minds on whether to remove, particularly as the Worcs team is a little weak to say the least (though Richardson and Wright have done okay this season).

It's up to you, my initial thought is to retire Vettori from those formats and to remove Richardson. If you think otherwise, we can go with that.

Comment

I think you may as well retire Vettori seeing as he'll be 36 I think when the next world cup comes around and wouldn't have much short-form cricket left in him anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        It's up to you, my initial thought is to retire Vettori from those formats and to remove Richardson. If you think otherwise, we can go with that.
        I think retiring him from those two is fine Sureshot. His "comeback" will be a couple of years away at the very least and its quite unlikely he will come back IMO.

You can worry about it in ICC2014!

Comment

Not sure how this will affect things if at all:

Steffan Jones of Derbyshire retiring at the end of the season

Derbyshire's veteran fast bowler Steffan Jones is to retire at the end of the season to take up a career in teaching.

Comment

Brett Geeves retires from everything but T20s due to back injury.
            World Serious Cricket

Comment

I know this isnt a retirement but is Azhar Mahmood going to be available for England selection in the game? In this cricinfo article (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/521388.html) it says that he qualified for England in March.

Comment

Yep, Azhar will be available for England in 2011.

Comment

Ponting will play for Hobart in the new Big Bash League, so will have to come out of t20 retirement

Comment

Working...
                  X