X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulsre
    replied
    I seem to have fixed the administrator rights by re-running it from the start but it still has the shield and just repeatedly keeps telling me to run "cricket.exe" which does nothing.

Leave a comment:

• paulsre
    replied
    Hi,

I downloaded the game.

Windows 7.

It keeps coming up with the "administrator rights" message. However, when I right click and "Run as Administrator" this fixes nothing.

Incidentally, I am the computer's administrator.

Tried troubleshooting, but that made the problem worse; it now has the gold and blue shield on the shortcut. It keeps asking me to run something called cricket.exe, but clicking to agree to do this makes no difference.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Have you literally just copied over the files and not installed the game on your new machine?

You'll likely have problems as you need to install the game for it to write the relevant registry entries. That specific .dll is from Microsoft Visual C, so you may be able to get around the issue by installing the latest Visual C++ re distributable package from Microsoft.

If you've just copied over the game folder, I recommend storing any saves and fields in a safe place and installing the game.

No need to buy the game again, just contact us through the contact page and let us know what e-mail you used when buying the game or your First & Last Name and I'll search our database for your license which I'll e-mail back to you.

Latest download for the game can be found here:

Download International Cricket Captain 2011 for Windows to pick your favourite cricket team and captain it to glory.

Hamza - Bit of a late reply*, but any Runtime error means you need to be re-installing the game, preferrably with a fresh download and making sure you turn off any non-essential programs during installation. If you still have problems updating Visual C++ might help. Runtime errors can be generic.

*had horrific web problems of late so not been able to get on here for a while. Now all sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Flem274*
    replied
    Hi guys.

I've put all the files of my game over to my new laptop from my external, since my old laptop blew up. I have two issues;

1) I get this message when I try to run the ICC2011 application

"The program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Trouble is I don't have the installer, or my product activation code.

Is there any way I can fix this without having to download and buy the game again? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• HamzaDGr8
    replied
    It installed fine but the when I start it then click on new game a window pops up and it say "runtime error"
    "the application has asked runtime to terminate it in an unsual way"..

Please help

Leave a comment:

• hampshirenaeem
    replied
    help needed

I have purchased ICC2011 CD today..installed well but works only when CD inserted...when CD is ejected and i click the same icon,it asks for CD to be inserted...help kindly...

Leave a comment:

• cricfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by adam_brfc View Post
    ive just purchased cricket captain 2011, had the trial worked fine, downloaded full version and when i put my license code in i get an error message, error= -12 ive deactivated my firewall and it still carries on doing it, any ideas??
    I am Also getting with error for online Licence mode , I did with Offline
    mode Licence Verification That works for me

Otherwise You can go for support page.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 10-24-2011, 12:37 PM. Reason: Just removing e-mail due to spam reasons.

Leave a comment:

• adam_brfc
    replied
    ive just purchased cricket captain 2011, had the trial worked fine, downloaded full version and when i put my license code in i get an error message, error= -12 ive deactivated my firewall and it still carries on doing it, any ideas??

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    What Firewall and anti-virus do you use?

The problem is that something within your machine is stopping the game from executing. It may be beneficial looking online for a guide to turn off UAC, but this should only be temporary, turn it back on after trying the game.

Have you tried the suggested DEP settings? Which should be set to Turn on for Windows programs and services only.

I know other 64-bits users who had issues with getting the game to run in 64-bit and they downloaded/installed the game through:

Leave a comment:

• RandomJ
    replied
    Come on guys I've bought this game ever since it came out and would like to buy this version as well. You must know a fix for this.

Leave a comment:

• RandomJ
    replied
    I just downloaded the trail and I'm getting the exact same error. I'm on Windows 7 64bit and downloaded and installed fine and followed the help on here like clicking run as admin and the rest and It dosen't work. Click on the trail and then nothing happens. Deffo not a firewall issue. Any fix yet???

Leave a comment:

• meridost
    replied
    Tried it...doesnt work in my case (((((

Originally posted by standogg View Post
    Hi first time caller long time listener I think I may have found the solution to the clicking the exe or shortcut and getting nothing...
    1. go to control panel
    2. then click on system
    3.then click advanced settings
    4. click settings under performance
    5. then go to data execution prevention
    6. Make sure its set to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select
    7. Then click add and add your ICC exe (usually found at C:\program Files\Childish things\International Cricket Captain 2011 or Program Files(x86) for us 64bit users
    8. and finally add C:\Windows\runservice.exe to the DEP exception list too
    9. Launch the game and ouila we have lift off (well at least I did)

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• meridost
    replied
    I have contacted the support team via email and also mailed Sureshot regarding the same...still havent received any response...Expecting a better support from childishthings....Please help regarding the below issue ASAP...

Originally posted by meridost View Post
    The ICC 2011 trial does not start at all..
    When i double click the .exe file the screen flickers for a bit but doesnt start
    ...i have tried everything from DEP settings to compatibilty mode to running as administrator
    my graphic card is nvidia geforce 8500 GT with latest drivers installed..Please help..

Leave a comment:

• standogg
    replied
    Hi first time caller long time listener I think I may have found the solution to the clicking the exe or shortcut and getting nothing...
    1. go to control panel
    2. then click on system
    3.then click advanced settings
    4. click settings under performance
    5. then go to data execution prevention
    6. Make sure its set to Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select
    7. Then click add and add your ICC exe (usually found at C:\program Files\Childish things\International Cricket Captain 2011 or Program Files(x86) for us 64bit users
    8. and finally add C:\Windows\runservice.exe to the DEP exception list too
    9. Launch the game and ouila we have lift off (well at least I did)

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• maxi2111991
    replied
    sureshot - yes my operating system is win 7 ultimate 64 bit i haven't installed any anti virus since i formatted my pc
    Last edited by maxi2111991; 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X