Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably a good idea to download the new installer (version 11.08). It runs the game as admin and sets it to have admin rights afterwards. Should resolve some of these issues.

Comment

The above. It's also worth checking that the Defense+ and Firewall sliders are set to low when you run the game.

Unfortunately some firewalls can be very aggressive, it's also important to note that some firewalls don't actually turn off even if you tell it to, it's there to stop people accidentally compromising themselves, though doesn't exist in all.

If after you've done the above and have installed the new version, which as Chris says works slightly different to the earlier installer.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
        It's probably a good idea to download the new installer (version 11.08). It runs the game as admin and sets it to have admin rights afterwards. Should resolve some of these issues.
        I presume the link on the banner of the homepage now leads to this version, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Still getting the same result I'm afraid.

Comment

Hello, Anyone?

Comment

I suggest uninstalling Comodo and trying a less aggressive Firewall. We've had problems with it in the past.

I have no issues with the Windows Firewall, they've improved it massively over the last couple of years.

Comment

Already tried uninstalling and switching to Zone Alarm with no success.

Comment

Still waiting, I'd appreciate some help since I've bought the game rather than just downloaded the demo.

Comment

I know others have had issues with ZoneAlarm as well, just use the Windows Firewall. More than good enough.

Also, sorry on the delay, I've had a few days off.

Comment

Tried that too

Comment

i have tried everything firewall dep compatibility with xp sp3,sp2 nothing works my task manager shows process but nothing happens i need to see if trail version works so that i can buy the game plz help !!!!!!

Comment

Kulli - I suspect you'll have some remnants of the firewall still on your system. Can you contact us via the Contact page? Please mention your username in the e-mail. There are some other things I want to try, but it'll be easiest through e-mail.

max - What firewall and/or anti-virus do you use?
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 08-16-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Start Problem!!!

The ICC 2011 trial does not start at all..
                            When i double click the .exe file the screen flickers for a bit but doesnt start
                            ...i have tried everything from DEP settings to compatibilty mode to running as administrator
                            my graphic card is nvidia geforce 8500 GT with latest drivers installed..Please help..

Comment

yes the trail doesnt work nothing happens i wont buy until it is solved

Comment

maxi2111991 - What firewall do you use?

meridost - Okay, the fact it is flickering for a bit suggests it might not be the firewall blocking issue others have. Can you contact us through the contact page on the side? I'll then go through some things with you that are easier through e-mail. If you can include your username on here in the message so I know you've read this.

Comment

Working...
                                X