Best Cricket management sim around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Cricket management sim around

Well having bought ICC a few days ago.. In my opinion it's easily the best Cricket sim in terms of match engine. I do have Cricket Coach 2011 as well and that is a good game but the match engine isn't too great. I find ICC 2011 a lot tougher, which is good. On Cricket Coach 2011 I won my first 7 games of the season in a row with Leicestershire, IRL we are struggling most the time, the only thing we do well in at the moment is the 20/20. On ICC 2011 my first season with Leicestershire I finished bottom of the County Championship, 2nd from bottom of the CB40 and 5th in the 20/20 group stages, that is realistic for this season and I found it a challenge.

I've owned 4 ICC games, 2000, 2001, 2006 and 2011. So i'm no mug at the game.

Cricket Coach does have some great additions with the transfers, week by week finance update, player morale, more detailed player records etc.. But the most important thing of any management sim and any game for that matter.. Is the match engine/gameplay and for some reason I find Cricket Coach to be too easy. The 20/20 run chases on ICC 2011 are fantastic and they have clearly worked on that, so well done Chris and the developers!

Originally posted by AlterBridge View Post
    Well having bought ICC a few days ago.. In my opinion it's easily the best Cricket sim in terms of match engine. I do have Cricket Coach 2011 as well and that is a good game but the match engine isn't too great. I find ICC 2011 a lot tougher, which is good. On Cricket Coach 2011 I won my first 7 games of the season in a row with Leicestershire, IRL we are struggling most the time, the only thing we do well in at the moment is the 20/20. On ICC 2011 my first season with Leicestershire I finished bottom of the County Championship, 2nd from bottom of the CB40 and 5th in the 20/20 group stages, that is realistic for this season and I found it a challenge.

I've owned 4 ICC games, 2000, 2001, 2006 and 2011. So i'm no mug at the game.

Cricket Coach does have some great additions with the transfers, week by week finance update, player morale, more detailed player records etc.. But the most important thing of any management sim and any game for that matter.. Is the match engine/gameplay and for some reason I find Cricket Coach to be too easy. The 20/20 run chases on ICC 2011 are fantastic and they have clearly worked on that, so well done Chris and the developers!

That is well said,cricket coach cannot be so good.

Comment

Originally posted by alex.scargill View Post
      That is well said,cricket coach cannot be so good.
      It's never been as good as International Cricket Captain, decent game though. I think ICC 2012 will have some fairly big changes to the last few years. I think keeping the match engine and just polishing it would be good and adding to the games depth and stats would make most people happy. I'd love to see the option to take over a small test nation on International Cricket Captain and try and take them up the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by AlterBridge View Post
        Agree here. I would love the features of CC in ICC, but CC itself has never played through two seasons without failing in a totally unrecoverable way for me.

In ICC2022 I'm just about to enter the 23rd century. With a first XI team for Worcestershire consisting of Boycott, Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Lara, Bradman, Sobers, Gilchrist, Kallis, Warne, Lillee and Marshall (all regens renamed and re-photoed) All England qualified (except Gavaskar who is my overseas player)

Picked specifically to be likenesses of their real life counterparts, Meaning I do not have attacking openers because the game regens have not yet included any suitable for renaming to "Shewag" or "Hayden"

Anyway....
        ICC's match engine is far more "tuned" with reality (not perfect...but noticeably better)
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Glad you're enjoying the game. The Match Engine is something we worked quite a bit on this year, we're really happy with the balance of it in 2011. As we move forward from the tough 2-3 years of stabilising our independentness (probably not a word, but I like it) I'm dead excited about what the future holds. We know there's stuff we need to do, and as we build that around the Match Engine, which will always be the core of the game, then hopefully we can make an even better game for you.

Comment

ICC is the best game i found by playing for so many years.

Comment

Originally posted by diagoj View Post
              ICC is the best game i found by playing for so many years.
              ICC always best above rest.

Comment

Working...
              X