X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by prad_n
    Thanks for translating it for me tossbag, but in case my reply was not clear enough for you, I tried that already. And by the way my request for help was not to you it was to the admins.

Thanks for your concern but maybe pass it to someone who cares.
    Maybe time for this to be closed and help to be offered via a PM ....

Or failing that ... Seconds out ... Round 2

Leave a comment:

• anuragvivek93
    replied
    Originally posted by anuragvivek93 View Post
    problem solved game is starting, here's what i did:

1) turn windows firewall off, if not done do it now and add exception of international cricket captain 2012 to it.

2) run>sysdm.cpl>advanced tab>performance>settings>data execution prevention>turn on dep for essential windows programs and services only.

3) start international cricket captain 2012 as administrator but before that in the properties start the game in windows xp (service pack 2) compatibility mode.
    this....!!

Leave a comment:

• 6ry4nj
    replied
    The instruction is quite clear: even if your user has administrator privileges, still right-click and opt for "Run as administrator". Have you tried this, and if so why do you not mention it?

Leave a comment:

• prad_n
    replied
    Can I please get some help guys ? Any other ideas on what to do ?

I re-installed it and now it does not load at all and just says "in order to finish initializing please run as an administrator" but I am running as an administrator.

My computer has only 1 user profile and I checked and it is the administrator profile.
    Last edited by prad_n; 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prad_n
    replied
    I use AVG.

I turned off and disabled my Windows Firewall as well.

And I am running as the administrator as it is not a shared computer.
    Last edited by prad_n; 07-13-2012, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Have you right clicked and Run As Admin?

What anti-virus/firewall do you use? Have you had any other anti-virus or firewalls installed on your machine in the past?

It may be a case of turning them off rather than disabling when attempting to run it (as some won't actually turn off).

Leave a comment:

• prad_n
    replied
    Guys, Ive tried everything on this thread and it still doesnt start for me. I have tried DEP, firewall, anti virus, the whole lot. I have even uninstalled and re-installed.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. I have ICC 2011 and installed and played it with no problems at all.
    Last edited by prad_n; 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by paddlesweep View Post
    I'm currently using Comodo antivirus yes, so is this the problem.
    If i do uninstall it however i'm worried about things flooding in, if i get the game going and then reinstall comodo would the game work? or alternatively is there another download anitvirus software that you would recommend that works with the game?
    Have you tried adding the game as an exception in Comodo?

I'd suggest trying to run the game and then following the "Browse Running Processes" if you can. Though as the link says, "browse files" will be easier.

Leave a comment:

• anuragvivek93
    replied
    PROBLEM SOLVED GAME IS STARTING, HERE'S WHAT I DID:

1) Turn Windows Firewall Off, If not done do it now and add exception of International Cricket Captain 2012 to it.

2) Run>sysdm.cpl>Advanced Tab>Performance>Settings>Data Execution Prevention>Turn On DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

3) Start International Cricket Captain 2012 as administrator but before that in the properties start the game in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode.
    Last edited by anuragvivek93; 07-04-2012, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• anuragvivek93
    replied
    Really sad now.. never had this problem.. This game also doesn't require high graphics and all and still the problem of the game not opening... I dunno what firewall issues are there.. as I have the windows firewall which is put to off now and have Microsoft Security Essentials.

Leave a comment:

• paddlesweep
    replied
    I'm currently using Comodo antivirus yes, so is this the problem.
    If i do uninstall it however i'm worried about things flooding in, if i get the game going and then reinstall comodo would the game work? or alternatively is there another download anitvirus software that you would recommend that works with the game?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    It's compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems.

Leave a comment:

• anuragvivek93
    replied
    JUst a quick response i wont... Is ICC 2012 compatible with 32bit system?

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Paddlesweep - ZoneAlarm is a firewall/anti-virus that has known problems with the digital version. Do you know what firewall and anti-virus you use?

Originally posted by The Verminator View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic that it isn't the anti virus or firewall. I used Comodo/Avast and I have entered both and checked, making tweaks here and there to make sure it has nothing to do with ICC.

I will try the re-installation thing if needs be but all that was running in the background was firefox, iTunes definitely not because I hate the thing and only open it when I absolutely have to.

My mate suggested the 64bit issue himself last night without looking at the C++ so I reckon you're onto something with that.

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile for me too, and:

C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17
    C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.4148
    C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.6161

I hope that makes a lot more sense to yourself than it does to me! If it helps this issue has been present a while, I tried to download ICC2011 and had the same issue, in the end I just bought the disk based version but hopefully you can see something amiss there that I can easily fix.

Thanks for your help.
    Comodo had known issues last year. Uninstall it and you'll most likely find the game will start, the Windows Firewall will be fine for what you need, I've never had an issue with it.

The digital and disk versions work in different ways (same game, no differences there), that's why that worked, it is a solution, but I'd also say you'd probably want to know if system is doing things you don't want it to?

I've not been made aware of any users who have continuing issues with 64-bit, but it's something to take note of.

Leave a comment:

• paddlesweep
    replied
    same problem

I have the same problem as the original thread.
    I don't appear however to have 'zonealarm' on my computer. If it's definitely there how do i find it? and if it might not be, what else could be causing this problem?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X