Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting, we've noticed similar issues with iTunes before.

Comment

Facing same issue

I disabled all the firewalls and some i already uninstalled it and re-install several time ICC 2012 but same result its asking for Run as administrator.I tried that also but no luck. Tried to log the complain but no help yet.It realy annoying.

PLEASE HELP !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shailendra071979 View Post
        I disabled all the firewalls and some i already uninstalled it and re-install several time ICC 2012 but same result its asking for Run as administrator.I tried that also but no luck. Tried to log the complain but no help yet.It realy annoying.

PLEASE HELP !!!
        Run as adminstrator.. and have u corrected that DEP thing?

Comment

Still same issue

I tried both (Run as adminstrator and DEP Settings)......but no luck !
          Last edited by Shailendra071979; 07-18-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Thought I'd responded to this, have you e-mailed us or eLicense about this? (I remember a similar sounding e-mail address).

If it's asking you to Run As Admin you will need to right click on the game and select Run As Admin as well as being logged in to an Admin account. If that doesn't work then try turning off UAC (User Account Control).

What operating system are you using? Vista/Win7?

Comment

Please Help

I was finally able to buy the game using friend's credit card but now I have this problem.

After the license was successfully installed, when I clicked on Launch, the game crashed(.exe stopped working). I kept getting the same error from then on. I also re-installed but it didn't work. Then I followed the instructions here about DEP and since then, if I run the game, nothing happens. Cricket.exe process appears in task manager for a few secs. I also tried running as admin and also put cricket.exe and the elicense dll file to exceptions on my AV(Microsoft Security Essentials).

The odd thing is that few weeks ago the trial was working perfectly. The error started after installing the license.

Comment

I've been thinking on this and it's interesting that you mention the trial worked, the crash is odd too. Can you remember if there was any other information?

From the DEP perspective, follow the same process but try:

Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add Cricket Captain 2012.

Have you tried right clicking on the game shortcut, going to properties and trying to run it in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, others have got it to execute in this way, may help you.

What firewall do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  I've been thinking on this and it's interesting that you mention the trial worked, the crash is odd too. Can you remember if there was any other information?

From the DEP perspective, follow the same process but try:

Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add Cricket Captain 2012.

Have you tried right clicking on the game shortcut, going to properties and trying to run it in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode, others have got it to execute in this way, may help you.

What firewall do you use?
                  Sorry for the late reply but I had sort of given up.

No other information. Cricket.exe was working until before I installed the license.

I already did the DEP thing as I said.

Tried the compatibility mode, didn't work. I have Windows Firewall, the default one in Windows Vista. But I don't think it's a firewall issue since the game was running(even internet game) in the demo version. Surely the solution must lie in the fact that the game stopped working after installing the license.

Comment

same issue

Hey guys, I got the game today, installed it and I'm now having the same non-opening issue as the others.
                    I've run it as administrator, disable firewall and anti-virus, allowed the game on both firewall and anti-virus, re-installed it multiple times and still I have the same issue - when I try to open the game, nothing happens. The cursor turns to a loading icon for a couple of seconds, the game appears in the taskbar for a split second and then everything goes back to normal.

Help and ideas would be appreciated

Comment

You may have a setting in a firewall that has a slider, which will have a low-med-high setting. Try turning this down. Have you tried running it in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode? Right click the game shortcut, properties and then the compatibility tab.

What anti-virus and firewall are you using and have you had any other anti-virus or firewall installed on this machine previously?

Comment

Tried everything suggested in this thread and nothing is working. Game just doesn't open. The process opens for less than a second before something kills it.

I'm on Windows 7, 64bit.

Just finished updating C++ framework. Running game as administrator.

Tried compatibility modes. Changed DEP settings. Customed/turned off/uninstalled anti-virus & firewalls. Re-installed game. Turned off UAC. Ran in safe mode.

No luck.

Ridiculous.
                        Last edited by Kudos1992; 01-04-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X