Underrated players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underrated players?

Lets add players who are actually really good in real life and are underrated in the game. So when the update comes out these players will get updated hopefully.

saeed ajmal
    pat cummins

The whole Pakistani Bowling line up!!

They have been on fire for the last 18 months or so but are rated worse than Indias!

Can't seem to buy a wicket with ajmal,hafeez and afridi who are top bowlers in ODIs especially (ajmal in test is a gun). Hafeez and Ajmal are rated as 2 and 3 in the world in real life, Afridi is 16 and Gul is 32.

On paper a very good bowling attack at least in Asia.

Comment

I'll only name the obvious good players and not potentially good youngsters:

Kieron Pollard (West Indies)
      Marlon Samuels (West Indies)
      M.Dhoni (India)
      Shahid Afridi (Pakistan)
      Umar Gul (Pakistan)
      Francois Du Plessis(South Africa)
      Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka)
      Nasir Hossain (Bangladesh)
      Masrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh)
      Adbur Razzak (Bangladesh)
      Shafiul Islam (Bangladesh)
      Kyle Jarvis (Zimbabwe)
      Vusi Sibanda (Zimbabwe)
      Christopher Mpofu (Zimbabwe)
      Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)
      Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)

There are probably a few more international ones but I got most of them. Some of these players may not be amazing, but all of them get picked for their national teams regularly. In the game, these players are either 1) not picked at all 2)picked for a few games at the beginning before being dropped permanently 3) significantly underperform (M DHONI!)

Comment

Inzi
        Lara
        Waqar Younis

Comment

Malinga is the obvious one. SL never pick him and he goes for 10/over in t20s. His econ and strike rate has been impeccable in t20s for 2-3 seasons now and he is arguably the best t20 bowler around.

Comment

Here's My list;

Ben Stokes
            Scott Borthwick
            V. Sehwag
            S. Ajmal
            S. Afridi
            Polard
            Malinga

Comment

Malinga is only good in T20s and ODIs. His first class and test record is not great

Comment

He's not even good in T20s and ODIs. Doesn't get picked for Mumbai Indians or Sri Lanka..

Comment

Firstly i just want to say that this game is great, and the IPL addition and the australian T-20 adds a different dynamic to the game which is something different to what was available in the past versions.

However I just wanted to say that i was playing with Pakistan, and i duno if its just me, but i feel that the bowling is highly underrated ( as with the last game) i cant seem to buy a wicket from hafeez, ajmal or afridi. all 3 ESPECIALLY ajmal goes for runs, and ajmal in particular cant seem to pick up wickets ( which is very odd as he is by far the best bowler in the word atm). Generally speaking all 3 are v un-economical and barely get me wickets.

Ive tried bowling to defensive fields, and bowling to batsmen weaknesses, and ive also tried attacking fields and a range of different tactics. But i still cant seem to do well with the spinners. The only good 1 seems to be abdurehman. Has any 1 else noticed this? the only good pacer seems to be junaid khan, and gul every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                    I'll only name the obvious good players and not potentially good youngsters:

Kieron Pollard (West Indies)
                    Marlon Samuels (West Indies)
                    M.Dhoni (India)
                    Shahid Afridi (Pakistan)
                    Umar Gul (Pakistan)
                    Francois Du Plessis(South Africa)
                    Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka)
                    Nasir Hossain (Bangladesh)
                    Masrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh)
                    Adbur Razzak (Bangladesh)
                    Shafiul Islam (Bangladesh)
                    Kyle Jarvis (Zimbabwe)
                    Vusi Sibanda (Zimbabwe)
                    Christopher Mpofu (Zimbabwe)
                    Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)
                    Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)

There are probably a few more international ones but I got most of them. Some of these players may not be amazing, but all of them get picked for their national teams regularly. In the game, these players are either 1) not picked at all 2)picked for a few games at the beginning before being dropped permanently 3) significantly underperform (M DHONI!)
                    I can add Sean Abbott, Michael Clarke, Pat Cummins, Saeed Ajmal, Dwayne Bravo, Brad Haddin, Ben Hilfenhaus, Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Vettori, M Hafeez, TM Dilshan, Paul Stirling, Ross Taylor, Josh Hazelwood, Kevin O'Brien and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                      I can add Sean Abbott, Michael Clarke, Pat Cummins, Saeed Ajmal, Dwayne Bravo, Brad Haddin, Ben Hilfenhaus, Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Vettori, M Hafeez, TM Dilshan, Paul Stirling, Ross Taylor, Josh Hazelwood, Kevin O'Brien and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan to that list.
                      Not sure that I'd say Kevin O'Brien is overrated. He's been alright in my game.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                        Don't think Maxwell, O'Brien and Hazelwood are underrated. Hafeez is slightly underrated as a batsmen but makes up by being quite good at bowling. The rest I agree with.

Comment

Icc 2012

Matt Coles is really underrated player for me in the game. He hardly gets picked to play for Kent. His bowling & batting abilities needs to be improved. I think he should be as good as Chris Wookes of Warwickshire.

Anwar Ali and Asad Ali of Pakistan also need to be improved as bowlers.
                          Ahmed Shehzad's batting abilty needs to be increase as well

Comment

Originally posted by abbez View Post
                            Firstly i just want to say that this game is great, and the IPL addition and the australian T-20 adds a different dynamic to the game which is something different to what was available in the past versions.

However I just wanted to say that i was playing with Pakistan, and i duno if its just me, but i feel that the bowling is highly underrated ( as with the last game) i cant seem to buy a wicket from hafeez, ajmal or afridi. all 3 ESPECIALLY ajmal goes for runs, and ajmal in particular cant seem to pick up wickets ( which is very odd as he is by far the best bowler in the word atm). Generally speaking all 3 are v un-economical and barely get me wickets.

Ive tried bowling to defensive fields, and bowling to batsmen weaknesses, and ive also tried attacking fields and a range of different tactics. But i still cant seem to do well with the spinners. The only good 1 seems to be abdurehman. Has any 1 else noticed this? the only good pacer seems to be junaid khan, and gul every now and then.
                            Basically what he said, I also think the bowling is a bit underrated, good to know it wasn't only me

Comment

Narine and tendo
                              Plus the entire Afghanistan side
                              Last edited by dancingmongoose; 07-21-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X