X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lakshay
    replied
    One more thing i would like to mension

VIRAT KOHLI, i wont say highly but quite underrated in ODIs. He rarely scores a century, and averages too below 40 most of the times. Which is completely opposite to what it is in reality!
    And in the test, YES here he is HIGHLY UNDERRATED!
    A player of his calliber scoring around an average of 40. I dont think so.

Please correct this!

Leave a comment:

• burnsyboy
    replied
    one feature i would like to see in future versions is a super over in international 20/20 matches. after watching NZ play in two close ones during the world cup it would add a new edge to the game. its just a thought!

Leave a comment:

• lakshay
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    I like the idea of leaving your county for another one after a few years. It would nice to play against your old side and see if the young players kick on , whether or not they are as good without you coaching, etc.
    Yes this is a really nice feature which Cricket coach provides. I would really like to see this feature in ICC as it prevents the game from getting monotonous and boring.
    For eg: Player shifting from one county to another or from one county to some international team, based on the performance.

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    They have selected 4 of my young players recently, and 3 of the are very inexperienced. Or is the AI telling me they are Test standard?
    In most cases yes. Although the AI has been known to make some strange selections. Usually if the AI perseveres with them then they are the goods.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I like the idea of leaving your county for another one after a few years. It would nice to play against your old side and see if the young players kick on , whether or not they are as good without you coaching, etc.

Is it just me or do the England selectors unfiarly target your players? They have selected 4 of my young players recently, and 3 of the are very inexperienced. Or is the AI telling me they are Test standard?

Leave a comment:

• lakshay
    replied
    Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
    Mainly agree but India do produce heaps of young all rounders who are excellent. Steven Finn and Philander aren't overrated as they could be big stars in the future but the rest I agree with
    Well in my game there aren't any good young Allrounders being produce. The best Allrounder bowling option i have is Joginder sharma whos around 28years of age! Ain't a youngster!

And well in my game Steven Finn has taken around 900 Test wickets with an unbelievable strike of 32 & at an average of 20. something and Venon Philander has taken around 500 wickets at an average of 18.66 with a strike rate of 34.

They might be good but this good? NAH!

Leave a comment:

• lakshay
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
    I don't think Philander is to good in the game. He averages 24 in tests in my current game. Seeing as he currently averages 16 this seems about right as I would imagine his average will normalize around 24 (slightly worse than Steyn's)
    Well in my game Philander averages around 18.66 in test matches with over 500 wickets and with a unbelievable Strike rate of 34!
    He might be a good bowler but not this good!

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Originally posted by lakshay View Post
    First the new features REVIEW:

1. Historical Records - Very Very Nice and important added feature to the game.
    2. Series stat - Again quite a handy feature to the game
    3. Indian/Australian T20 Legues - Very Important and good add on. Adds excitement to the game.

PROBLEMS:

1. Steven Finn, Vernon Philander - These two player Bowling ratings are RIDICULOUSLY High! Needs to be lowered down
    2. Chris Gayle, Brendonn McCullum, Shahid Afridi - The Two players are T20 and ODI giants. There Batting rating is ridiculously low and Afridis bowling too. Need to be increased.
    3. No AUCTION system - There aint no auctions for the IPL. You buy the players the conventional way. That completely ruins the fun, believe me.
    4. INDIAN ALLROUNDERS: There aren't any good young all rounders being produced in INDIAN team. Needs to be corrected!

Suggestions for the FUTURE FEATURES:

1. Add more Domestic Legues to the game.
    2. Add the auction feature to IPL.
    3. Champions legue Addition is to be made

AND NOW THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT ONES:

Player Editor: Player should be allowed to change the cricketers rating, age, name EVERYTHING!
    CREATE PLAYER: It should allow the player to create a cricketer of his own and add more flexibility to the game!

I don't think Philander is to good in the game. He averages 24 in tests in my current game. Seeing as he currently averages 16 this seems about right as I would imagine his average will normalize around 24 (slightly worse than Steyn's)

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    Future Bangladesh and Pakistan teams rarely ever play spinners or allrounders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bng_no+spinners.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	52923Click image for larger version

Name:	pak_1_spinner.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	52924

Leave a comment:

• KGKOOLKAT777
    replied
    Originally posted by lakshay View Post

3. Indian/Australian T20 Legues - Very Important and good add on. Adds excitement to the game.

PROBLEMS:

1. Steven Finn, Vernon Philander - These two player Bowling ratings are RIDICULOUSLY High! Needs to be lowered down
    2. Chris Gayle, Brendonn McCullum, Shahid Afridi - The Two players are T20 and ODI giants. There Batting rating is ridiculously low and Afridis bowling too. Need to be increased.
    3. No AUCTION system - There aint no auctions for the IPL. You buy the players the conventional way. That completely ruins the fun, believe me.
    4. INDIAN ALLROUNDERS: There aren't any good young all rounders being produced in INDIAN team. Needs to be corrected!

Player Editor: Player should be allowed to change the cricketers rating, age, name EVERYTHING!
    CREATE PLAYER: It should allow the player to create a cricketer of his own and add more flexibility to the game!
    Mainly agree but India do produce heaps of young all rounders who are excellent. Steven Finn and Philander aren't overrated as they could be big stars in the future but the rest I agree with

Leave a comment:

• lakshay
    replied

PROBLEMS:

Leave a comment:

• bnd3
    replied
    Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
    I am not sure whether these are new features or not, but I have played this game to 2031 and have noticed some interesting things which I would like to share.

The first one is that obviously the computer can pick up on abilities which the user cannot, which makes these two players very interesting. They both have no second team bowling averages, yet the computer recognises that they have high bowling ratings so begins to bowl them and before you know it they are true allrounders!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]556[/ATTACH]
    I think there are too many keepers bowling. Ned Eckersly picks up loads of wickets on my games even though in real life I don't think he's ever bowled.

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    This one may be a bit more of a co-incidence, but I think it is pretty neat.
    Players within certain teams having the same surnames which gives off the impression to the user that they are brothers.

Name:	SL_brothers.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	52920Click image for larger version

Name:	WI_brothers.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	52921

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    I am not sure whether these are new features or not, but I have played this game to 2031 and have noticed some interesting things which I would like to share.

The first one is that obviously the computer can pick up on abilities which the user cannot, which makes these two players very interesting. They both have no second team bowling averages, yet the computer recognises that they have high bowling ratings so begins to bowl them and before you know it they are true allrounders!

Name:	true_allrounder1.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	52918Click image for larger version

Name:	true_allrounder2.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	52919

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
    At the moment there are two factors affecting how the pitch plays in the game: eveness of bounce and wear/rough. How about introducing a third parameter - pace..

A fast wicket with a true bounce will help batsman and hinder most bowlers apart from Fast and to a lesser extent Fast-medium bowlers. Medium-fast and medium bowlers would gain nothing. A fast wicket with uneven bounce would help the bowlers but as the ball is generally coming onto the bat it may still be possible for a skilled batsman to score some runs.

A slow, even bouncing pitch will generally help all batsmen apart from those who want to score quickly (cf the oval 2012 England vs South Africa). Bowlers will struggle to get batsmen out who are playing a grafting game. Spinners might have some luck, especially as it wears.
    A slow pitch with uneven bounce will be tricky to score on and bowlers may have luck with LBWS etc, although edges may not carry etc etc

You get the gist - would add an interesting tactical element to batting and bowling if pitches had a pace, wear and bounce parameter in addition to weather factors.. It would certainly create more variance in what is considered a par score from wicket to wicket and format to format.

Any thoughts?

Grounds could have "typical" pitch characteristics... I know they do now, but we could have differences between the pitch at the Oval and Headingley etc. Nuances within a country etc
    Last edited by Graham_5000; 08-10-2012, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X