Tip for bowling in One Dayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip for bowling in One Dayers

Try this - bowl all bowlers with aggression bar on three, normal length outside off stump to all batsmen, with the most defensive default field.
    Just bowled England out for 126 in the 48th over, having previously held them to 231/5.
    Looks promising, so would be interested in feedback.

Still working on the batting - can only seem to get highest scores around 230-245 at present.
    That's starting off on three aggression bars for each batsmen (moving up to four once settled) for the first ten overs.
    Then knock it up to four bars (five when settled) for overs 11-30.
    Then move up to five bars (six when settled) for overs 31-44 or 31-40.
    Finally six bars (seven if settled) for the final onslaught.
    Of course, you need to be flexible according to the situation. This is just an indication as to my current thinking.

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
    Try this - bowl all bowlers with aggression bar on three, normal length outside off stump to all batsmen, with the most defensive default field.
    Just bowled England out for 126 in the 48th over, having previously held them to 231/5.
    Looks promising, so would be interested in feedback.

Still working on the batting - can only seem to get highest scores around 230-245 at present.
    That's starting off on three aggression bars for each batsmen (moving up to four once settled) for the first ten overs.
    Then knock it up to four bars (five when settled) for overs 11-30.
    Then move up to five bars (six when settled) for overs 31-44 or 31-40.
    Finally six bars (seven if settled) for the final onslaught.
    Of course, you need to be flexible according to the situation. This is just an indication as to my current thinking.
    This works of Twenty -20 too?? Didn't understand outside offstump or between off and middle stump? How to choose the most defensive field.. custom or from the list of field already given? Can you clear these doubts

Comment

Originally posted by anuragvivek93 View Post
      This works of Twenty -20 too?? Didn't understand outside offstump or between off and middle stump? How to choose the most defensive field.. custom or from the list of field already given? Can you clear these doubts
      No default fields needed.
      Bowling outside off stump (far left of the options against a right hand batsman over the wicket).
      Not sure about 20/20, but will probably work there too.
      Last edited by GrahamB; 07-13-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Just edited my last post.

Comment

What about FC, i try change the field alot, but just can't take wickets..,

Also with the OD fields, what if they favour offside, still bowl outside off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga View Post

I'd assume so.

Comment

Yes. It's looking like the opposing team bowls short outside off stump, so I might try that out too.
              Still can't get my batting right though.

Comment

Think you might be onto something !, Won 2 OD games, lost 1.. Both times held teams under 200.. First game i scored 178 and they got 167, second game they scored 179 and i chased it down to win

Comment

Think you might be onto something !, Won 2 OD games, lost 1.. Both times held teams under 200.. First game i scored 178 and they got 167, second game they scored 179 and i chased it down to win
                  Seems to be working for me. Still struggling with the batting though.

Comment

Seems to be a good tactic in T20 as well, now if I can only convince my batsmen to score at more than a run a ball I might have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by cardassian View Post
                      Seems to be a good tactic in T20 as well, now if I can only convince my batsmen to score at more than a run a ball I might have a chance.
                      Yep - tougher to crack that one!

Comment

Graham what team were you playing as when you bowled England out for 126? Also have you continued to have success with your bowling method even with poor bowlers?

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post
                          Graham what team were you playing as when you bowled England out for 126? Also have you continued to have success with your bowling method even with poor bowlers?
                          I've only played as NZ in International mode at this stage. Seems to be the best line for all bowlers I've used. How are you finding it?

Comment

well even i use the same tactic...i play with Indian team and have defeted Sri Lanka 5-0 in one dayers and won all matches convincingly...

for bowling start with 3 aggression and if the batsmen gets settle or score more then 15 runs i change my aggression to 1 but keep bowling outside off stump with defensive field...on an average they landup scoring around 225 or sometimes below 200...

while batting i start with 5 aggression and as they gets settle i change to 6 agression...i do this till 42 overs and after tht i change till agression 7 to all batsmen...on an average i score easily around 275-290...but if i loose too many wickets early then keep batting on aggression 4 till 42nd over...

Comment

Originally posted by dhruv_tandel View Post
                              while batting i start with 5 aggression and as they gets settle i change to 6 agression...i do this till 42 overs and after tht i change till agression 7 to all batsmen...on an average i score easily around 275-290...but if i loose too many wickets early then keep batting on aggression 4 till 42nd over...
                              With NZ, I lose wickets very quickly if I start batting on aggression 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X