No announcement yet.

Wish list for 2013 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we r now playing d role of selector,coach,captain.
    make additional role as performance manager who talks to players .....
    (thinking FM here) tone ratings may be like....
    very supportive ,supportive ,normal ,aggressive & very aggressive ......
    tone should affect match performance ....more so in major matches.
    &
    IMPROVE CHASE STRATEGY FOR HIGH SCORING CHASE(ODI/T20)
    now players just keep loosing wickets ...it becomes too predictable as one gets 240+ in ODI, it is almost certain to win 9 out of 10 times.
    INCREASE ODI SCORES.......

Comment

Originally posted by satya9889 View Post
      we r now playing d role of selector,coach,captain.
      make additional role as performance manager who talks to players .....
      (thinking FM here) tone ratings may be like....
      very supportive ,supportive ,normal ,aggressive & very aggressive ......
      tone should affect match performance ....more so in major matches.
      &
      IMPROVE CHASE STRATEGY FOR HIGH SCORING CHASE(ODI/T20)
      now players just keep loosing wickets ...it becomes too predictable as one gets 240+ in ODI, it is almost certain to win 9 out of 10 times.
      INCREASE ODI SCORES.......
      240 is a great score in bowler friendly conditions/wickets. Don't expect to smack 300+ every game - it is not as common as you think in real life. I reckon most scores are between 230 and 270, in a normal distribution peaking around 240-250. There are a few games with scores under 200 and a few with scores over 300.

I don't find 300+ that hard to get in ICC on sunny days and on good wicket. Target poorer bowlers and don't be too aggressive early on. Save the batting power play for once when at least one of your batsmen is settled and the field spread. Try playing ball by ball early on and hover aggression between 3 and 5 bars. A whole over of 5 bars too early on is too risky. Play the law of averages!

Personally I think other things are more important than what diet the batsmen have, pep talks etc

Comment

Just a few general ideas

Being able to import your own player pics (don't care if none are provided). Immersion is so important when playing what could be seen as a rather "dry".
        Again, when simming to the point where many of the current crop have retired (10-12 years down the line) I prefer to have am image - or - if I happen to find a Pakistani player to hire who bowls LF and swings the ball...bats a bit and is pretty much a world class performer. I'l rename him "Akram A" and use Wasim's picture. For example. Same if I find a dour opener who scores at under 40, runs other players out a lot but steadly builds a mountain of runs over a 25 year career, "Boycott G" will come out of the file labelled "cricketer photo's"

To me it really adds to the game.
        Facepacks for current players would also be a great bonus (fan created of course)
        Don't know many text based sports sims that DON'T allow imported photo's.

2) Stats. Ones that last, ones with more depth, ones that don't reset to zero. For example, a bowlers wicket tally often resets to zero at about 1300 first class wickets for me, which for a spinner playing 24 years has happened quite a few times in the past. Fastest 50, fastest 100, number of double or triple hundreds, average at different positions in the order. For bowlers the number of 3 fors in limited overs games, average Vs left or right handers.. oh loads of them. Get them in the game pronto eh?

3) Faster Gameplay. When the 3d engine is turned off the game still plays at a snails pace compared with older versions. I can sim a test match in ICC2002 in about 3/4 minutes. I could sim it this quickly on a pretty old PC a few years ago. Now I have a much faster PC but It takes more 9 minutes in ICC 2012. I don't want to autoplay the games, but I also would like an over calculated pretty much instantly if possible.

4) Nicely formatted output for scorecards and stats. Output in .CSV files for archiving in Excel or using other spreadhseets etc

5) Correct rules for overseas players in UK FC cricket

6) Bowlers changing style and evolving with age. Not many 41 year olds whould still be labelled at RF or LF..but in ICC whatever they are at 18 - they still are 24 years later.

7) Better finances maybe (a bit more "management" than "captain" but hey)

8) Better coaching and physio control (more depth) hire better coaches. Ones who can bring on youth players better, good with batting or bowling or fielding (or discipline)

Quite a few of the things others have posted here as well.

On your marks..... set.......23:21 17/04/2013
        The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

As well as the usual stuff I tend to request like associate development being something that can happen in the game, I'd like to request something that shouldn't be too hard to implement. In the most recent version a lot of Australians popped up playing for the 'Australian Chairman's XI' and there's not really any explanation as to where they are playing their domestic cricket, they seem to be mostly rather redundant and it would be nice if they didn't exist - ruins the immersion factor a fair bit.

Comment

As well as A sides for all the test playing nations, ability to arrange friendlies, pace of the wicket, more feedback on how young players are developing, other leagues (especially from the higher ranking test nations, India, Pakistan and South Africa), I would also quite like to see more in-game aspects to control e.g.

BOWLING:

- being able to determine the frequency of variation balls (e.g. slower deliveries, googlies etc). In the dying overs of a T20, one might be inclined to have lots of variation, whereas in a Test match, one might save variation for impact only once in roughly every 12 balls.

BATTING:

- rotate the strike option, look for lots of singles (perhaps doubles the chance of a runout).

I think batsmen should take longer to settle against quality bowling, than poor bowling. If there are chances, appeals etc, this should "knock" confidence momentarily.

Likewise, bowlers should settle more slowly if they are bowling against world class batsmen - especially if they are scoring lots of runs, or are already on 100 not out!

When switching ends with a bowler, they shouldn't have to start again on the "settled" scale I think...
            Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-30-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

It would be interesting to have an auction kinda stuff for ipl

Comment

& if u see as always in the IPL....we buy a player for a year contract(oversease).....but the other teams buy on 2 year and 3 year deal....plz make in same for all

Comment

it would be nice if we have the option to choose subs

Comment

With the ipl, when i resign a player, their price like triples but for other teams the prices stay relativly the same which means they can sign twice as many players as i am trying to stay with the same key players, meaning i am only signing 23-24 players a comp whre the others are signing 30+. i find it unfair, players like chris gayle only costing 300k when hes availble 100%, when i resign angelo mathews =, from 600k for 1 year 100% to 700k for only 50% the following year.

Comment

This should hopefully not take too long to sort, but for the names of English players, could we weed out some of the very old fashioned ones, or at least make the newer ones more common (multiple entries in the data the same? I don't know, that may not be possible!)

Key offenders for me would be Frank, Alec, Greg, Morris, Norman, Geoffrey, Len, Barry, Horace, Eric, Jim, Charles (replace with Charlie?), Phil, Jeff, Albert, Terry, Derek, Roy, Vic, Phillip, Fred, Brian, Malcolm, Noel, Dennis, Stanley, Larry and Gerald. I know that's a lot, but I can't imagine people currently 19 and under with any of those sorts of names.

Apologies if you've got these already and my mind is having a meltdown (so many names!) but you could supplement the database with Oliver, Olly, Jamie, and other names that didn't get in the original list but have since been more popular. If it's hard to do, don't worry about it as it's not really even a medium sized issue, but it does annoy me from time to time!

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                        This should hopefully not take too long to sort, but for the names of English players, could we weed out some of the very old fashioned ones, or at least make the newer ones more common (multiple entries in the data the same? I don't know, that may not be possible!)

Key offenders for me would be Frank, Alec, Greg, Morris, Norman, Geoffrey, Len, Barry, Horace, Eric, Jim, Charles (replace with Charlie?), Phil, Jeff, Albert, Terry, Derek, Roy, Vic, Phillip, Fred, Brian, Malcolm, Noel, Dennis, Stanley, Larry and Gerald. I know that's a lot, but I can't imagine people currently 19 and under with any of those sorts of names.

Apologies if you've got these already and my mind is having a meltdown (so many names!) but you could supplement the database with Oliver, Olly, Jamie, and other names that didn't get in the original list but have since been more popular. If it's hard to do, don't worry about it as it's not really even a medium sized issue, but it does annoy me from time to time!
                        This is an interesting issue you bring up!

On the South African side, some regens have interesting names. I notice surnames and first names are recycled (at least I think they are). With a massive drive to improve access to cricket in different communities in South Africa, I think that some more Xhosa, Sotho and Zulu names could be added. A broader range of Afrikaans names could also perhaps be added.

A quick fix could be to add the names of the current rugby and soccer squads to improve greater breadth of South African names? I like the idea of first and surnames being randomized anyway, as this is common in SA, where 10% of the population have mixed heritage, and Xhosa friends of mine sometimes have have Afrikaans or English first names.

I do find the "old fashioned" English names quite quaint though!

Graham

PS Bill Boucher became a legendary fast bowler in my 2012 SA game!

Comment

Haha, good old Billy B! Ideally we'd have British Asian names in the English pool as well, but I can totally understand that while they can't be separated out it's a bad idea... Alastair Panesar and Ravi Trescothick don't quite sound ideal! Yeah, I doubt all the names from the cricket side of things in South Africa are in there anyway, looking down the list of surnames anyway it seems you've got a lot of late 90s/early 2000s ones in there, probably when the database of them was first created.

(Though I just found 4 Sugdens... if you could get that in the English lot too that'd be smashing, I could chase them around!)

EDIT - Just having a quick look through my all-regen game for countries that need more surname variety, I'd say India (14 'Ananth's), Pakistan (14 'Rizvi's), South Africa (9 'Ackerman's), Sri Lanka (14 'Anton's), West Indies (7 'Francis's) could all do with a bit of an update. South Africa shares a database with Zimbabwe unless I'm mistaken, and Bangladesh is oddly fine, probably due to the lower number of players.

EDIT 2 - Despite the same surname database, Zimbabwe players have no first names. Surely that could be a copy and paste job too?
                          Last edited by Imager36; 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Something that I don't think will be hard to implement and would help some of as allot, please add more details to the exported scorecards like balls faced, batsmen involved in the partnerships and where the game was played.

Comment

These were the top 50 names in 2000 (earliest date I could find).

Jack, Thomas, James, Joshua, Daniel, Harry, Samuel, Joseph, Matthew, Callum, Luke, William, Lewis, Oliver, Ryan, Benjamin, George, Liam, Jordan, Adam, Alexander, Jake, Connor, Cameron, Nathan, Kieran, Mohammed, Jamie, Jacob, Michael, Ben, Ethan, Charlie, Bradley, Brandon, Aaron, Max, Dylan, Kyle, Reece, Robert, Christopher, David, Edward, Charles, Owen, Louis, Alex, Joe, Rhys.

Also Jack was the most popular name from 1995-2008.

Haha, good old Billy B! Ideally we'd have British Asian names in the English pool as well, but I can totally understand that while they can't be separated out it's a bad idea... Alastair Panesar and Ravi Trescothick don't quite sound ideal!
                              Mix heritage names dont seem too strange to me, though should be rare. While watching the Snooker last week they had a new presenter named Jason Mohammad who is half Pakistani and Welsh.
                              Last edited by LastWicket; 05-10-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

South Africa (9 'Ackerman's)
                                Hehe, there was an Ackermann in the under 19s recently, who plays on the fringe of the Warriors team! 9 is a little too many though!.. I am surprised Zimbabwe and South Africa share the same name database as the populations have different roots..
                                Last edited by Graham_5000; 05-10-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X