Wish list for 2013 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish list for 2013 and beyond

Hi, I can't see any threads with this kind of stuff on it, so thought I would start one.

1. Have the grounds for each county and country named and (potentially) be able to choose which games are played at which venue. So for Kent you could have the main ground as Canterbury, plus 'out-grounds' of Tunbridge Wells, Beckenham and even Maidstone and Folkestone. Each ground could have a capacity and a 'local fan base' (akin to Football Manager) and you might get more income from playing at a particular pitch.

2. Pitches could have permanant or temporary floodlights which may be costly to install, but you would get more revenue from one day games. Also if pitch was hosting a First Class game, then those with floodlights would not get called off for bad light.

3. Having pictures of these grounds (shown in the background during the game) and associated statistics for each ground (highest score/best bowling etc etc) would be good too.

4. Bring back the option to add in pictures of each player. I realise due to licensing issues this may be a problem, but people can and will create their own 'facepacks' on forums such as this where you can download player pictures. I would be happy if the picture only showed when you look at a player profile rather than on the main match screen.

5. Include 'A' team tours (England Lions etc) and also tour matches against visiting nations where you can try out fringe players against the tourists.

6. Under-19 teams - and the U19 World Cup - not necessarily to be able to manager these sides, but to be able to see the results and pick out future England prospects.

7. Use the official World Ranking system for Test and One Dayers - instead of just 2 pts for a series win, 1 for a draw etc.

8. Introduction of D/L and weather interruptions for One Day games.

9. The option of being offered other jobs - so start at Surrey and then be offered the Western Australia job.

10. Connected to the above, run multiple domestic leagues (Eng/Aus etc) in the same game so that you can move from country to country.

11. The most important one for me would be to include Affiliate Teams and make them available as sides you can manage.

There are plenty of games that they do play throughout a year. There is the Intercontinental Cup which is a 4-day competition for the top 8 affiliates namely Ireland, Scotland, Afghanistan, UAE, Netherlands, Namibia, Kenya and Canada.

There is also the 50 over competition - the World Cricket League which has 8 Divisions and runs over the course of 3 years.

In total the WCL includes 38 affiliate nations with promotions and relegations between each league.

At the end of each cycle, the top 2 teams from Div 1 qualify for the 50 over World Cup and the next 10 play-off for the remaining 2 spots.

There is also the T20 world cup to qualify for, with regional pre-qualifying events held to decide the 16 affiliate who will play-off for the 2 remaining T20 World Cup spots.

I would be happy to help with any statistics/data needed on players and fixtures for these nations.

But just to clarify .... You are enjoying the game ?

Comment

Ha! Of course I am, but I've been playing ICC since it's inception and these are things that I have always wanted included in the game and are included on other (IMO inferior!) rival games of its genre.

Comment

I like 9 & 10 !!

Comment

Originally posted by KentLad View Post
          Hi, I can't see any threads with this kind of stuff on it, so thought I would start one.

1. Have the grounds for each county and country named and (potentially) be able to choose which games are played at which venue. So for Kent you could have the main ground as Canterbury, plus 'out-grounds' of Tunbridge Wells, Beckenham and even Maidstone and Folkestone. Each ground could have a capacity and a 'local fan base' (akin to Football Manager) and you might get more income from playing at a particular pitch.
          Kent haven't played at Folkestone ground for over 10 years now. Its tiny, plus you can easly watch for free as plenty of place you can see from outside ground.

Comment

I'm well aware of this, and equally we haven't played at Maidstone since 2005 but it would be a nice feature in my opinion to be able to be able to choose to play a game or 2 at these grounds if you so wish.
            The size of the boundaries could also be a factor in the matches - i.e. more boundaries and less 2s and 3s at tiny venues.

Comment

Originally posted by KentLad View Post
              I'm well aware of this, and equally we haven't played at Maidstone since 2005 but it would be a nice feature in my opinion to be able to be able to choose to play a game or 2 at these grounds if you so wish.
              The size of the boundaries could also be a factor in the matches - i.e. more boundaries and less 2s and 3s at tiny venues.
              These already less 2s and 3s against 4s What more you want then ..
              Unlike from realism
              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

I meant comparatively!

I appreciate that there arguably aren't enough 2's and 3's currently in the game (tends to be 1, 4 or 6) but going forward again I think it would be a good feature to have more 2's and 3's (and even all-run 4's!) on grounds such as the MCG which have massive outfields and much fewer on grounds with small dimensions.

Comment

i wish there wouldnt be so many retired hurts. its okay having one a season but there is usually one every few games and even the retired hurts arent very good because ive had batsmen retire hurt to Ian Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by user name 1 View Post
                    i wish there wouldnt be so many retired hurts. its okay having one a season but there is usually one every few games and even the retired hurts arent very good because ive had batsmen retire hurt to Ian Bell.
                    You can not avoid this feature as this happen in real life Se the current series
                    SA and Eng

One More points to note generally Aus get more hurts as compare to Asian and SA
                    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                    Is my Next Dream

Comment

I would like the option at the start of a game having all players put into a pool and drafted to each team one by one.
                      That way, a manager/coach feels like they have their own team right from the start of the game, rather than having to change things over several seasons before being happy.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                        I would like the option at the start of a game having all players put into a pool and drafted to each team one by one.
                        That way, a manager/coach feels like they have their own team right from the start of the game, rather than having to change things over several seasons before being happy.
                        I take it you mean this for the County game ? .. and IPL and Australian Carrers too ?

Yep would be great - iOOTP does this for baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                          I take it you mean this for the County game ? .. and IPL and Australian Carrers too ?

Yep would be great - iOOTP does this for baseball.
                          The county game is the only one I'm familiar with, but it could well apply to the Indian and Australian options as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                            This this. You'd have to make the AI good to avoid an overpowered team taking control, but it would be interesting to make those decisions. Tactically it's also interesting... do you take Stuart Broad or James Harris, based on the fact that Broad isn't going to be in your team for much of the season. Use the usual finaces as a salary cap, but pick in rounds.

Comment

1...plz improve international ranking system ,there is no reward for success.
                              overseas tours must count more than home series and 4-0 must be better than 2-1.

2..at the start of season AI selects squad automatically .this is good for newbie players but good players should be given an option to decide their initial squad.

3..get me some more options to control the game.

4..man of the series

Comment

Working...
                              X